List Mgmt. 2016 Draft Prospects(Poll Added)

Which player do you want at our first & second pick?

• Daniel Venables

Votes: 14 9.2%
  • Will Hayward

Votes: 20 13.2%
  • Jy Simpkin

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Sam Powell-Pepper

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • Zach Sproule

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Harrison Macreadie

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • Todd Marshall

Votes: 38 25.0%
  • Jarrod Berry

Votes: 19 12.5%
  • Jordan Galluci

• Oliver Florent

Votes: 12 7.9%
  • Jack Scrimshaw

• Luke Ryan

• Josh Battle

Votes: 25 16.4%
  • Willem Drew

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Jack Maibum

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Joe Atley

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Tim English

Votes: 31 20.4%
  • Josh Rotham

• Patrick Kerr

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Alex Witherden

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brennan Cox

Votes: 6 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I get that feeling most years, we did a great job of narrowing it down last year and the year before Wizard17 had McLean going to us. But this year it just seems so even so may as well talk up some of the guys we haven't spoken of as much yet, especially those said to be of good character like a Myles Poholke. The other thing that has changed for us very recently is our draft position. Has gone from potentially top 12 to now pick 17 or 18. Means we will most likely hold onto it or trade it for a player if the right deal is presented to us but not for other picks like in previous years.

Witherden is one I like but I get the feeling someone will take him before us.

Perhaps there is a chance someone slides to

A few clubs could reach & it means someone is available that we didn't expect

I expect GWS would match our late bid if we put one out for Sproule, he seems another player that a lot of people have different thoughts on how good he is & how good he can become.

Perhaps there is a chance someone slides to

A few clubs could reach & it means someone is available that we didn't expect

I expect GWS would match our late bid if we put one out for Sproule, he seems another player that a lot of people have different thoughts on how good he is & how good he can become.
The testing is going to be a bigger factor this year than in previous years. By the time draft day arrives the talent pool is going to be huge. There are still guys we know nothing at all about who will be picked too.

Scharenberg is a bit too vanilla for mine, and doesn't seem to fit in with how we've recruited under Dalrymple. I would prefer someone like Myles Poholke if we go for more of an inside type maybe even Willem Drew. Scharenberg hasn't had a great year. I like Poholke's overhead ability and composure.
I liked the look of Poholke today. Plus he's got a sweet name, how good is it to say? Myles Poholke

Plenty of good talls in the 2017 group. Fogarty and Wooller move well, Brander also and Ballenden is a bit of a monster then Hayes, Coleman-Jones and Crossley are all ruck types that have an impact around the ground. Of the mids so far Worpel, Hunter Clark, O'Brien and Rayner have all shown a bit. Higgins gets a lot of the ball but has stood out more as a small forward.

Watched the U17s played before the big one on Saturday. Standouts for me we're James Worpel, Jack Higgins and my favourite at this stage, Hunter Clark. Tom De Koning I liked the look of too just from the way he moved but he didn't do a lot. If anyone tells me any of them are part of the ****ing GWS academy I'll sick up.

Edit: Also Jack Petruccelle was impressive, to name one I hadn't heard of before the game.

Last edited:
Watched the U17s played before the big one on Saturday. Standouts for me we're James Worpel, Jack Higgins and my favourite at this stage, Hunter Clark. Tom De Koning I liked the look of too just from the way he moved but he didn't do a lot. If anyone tells me any of them are part of the ******* GWS academy I'll sick up.

No, none of them are.
So you can rest easy.

Watched the U17s played before the big one on Saturday. Standouts for me we're James Worpel, Jack Higgins and my favourite at this stage, Hunter Clark. Tom De Koning I liked the look of too just from the way he moved but he didn't do a lot. If anyone tells me any of them are part of the ******* GWS academy I'll sick up.

Is Tom de Koning the son of Terry who played some games for the dogs some time back?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Edit: Also Jack Petruccelle was impressive, to name one I hadn't heard of before the game.
Petruccelle's quick intercept and shot from 40-50 out was impressive. I wasn't so impressed with Higgins, nothing really stands out to me other than the fact he 'got a bit of the footy'. Expecting him to be overtaken. O'Brien and Rayner were my standouts. Worpel was good but was better in the U18 champs. Hunter Clark I agree was impressive and looks classy. Rayner impressed me with the power of his boot and he looks to have a powerful build. O'Brien's disposal and decision making stood out as did his ability to back out of stoppages and side step to find space and execute.

Petruccelle's quick intercept and shot from 40-50 out was impressive. I wasn't so impressed with Higgins, nothing really stands out to me other than the fact he 'got a bit of the footy'. Expecting him to be overtaken. O'Brien and Rayner were my standouts. Worpel was good but was better in the U18 champs. Hunter Clark I agree was impressive and looks classy. Rayner impressed me with the power of his boot and he looks to have a powerful build. O'Brien's disposal and decision making stood out as did his ability to back out of stoppages and side step to find space and execute.
There was just a period in the third where Higgins found space over and over again. Kept missing the goals though. Thought he looked very dangerous.

Did notice Rayner, can't remember noticing O'Brien. Was working off my phone checking numbers though so I might have missed some stuff having to look up names constantly.

There was just a period in the third where Higgins found space over and over again. Kept missing the goals though. Thought he looked very dangerous.

Did notice Rayner, can't remember noticing O'Brien. Was working off my phone checking numbers though so I might have missed some stuff having to look up names constantly.
Think he had 20 touches and 2 goals or something. I agree I think Higgins was dangerous when up forward but couldn't find the goals. Plenty of decent looking talls so will be interesting to see who drops off and who continues to rise. A couple who impressed leading up, a couple who were good deep and a couple who were good in the ruck and around the ground. Brander moves very well, I hope he is ruled ineligible for the GWS academy.

Think he had 20 touches and 2 goals or something. I agree I think Higgins was dangerous when up forward but couldn't find the goals. Plenty of decent looking talls so will be interesting to see who drops off and who continues to rise. A couple who impressed leading up, a couple who were good deep and a couple who were good in the ruck and around the ground. Brander moves very well, I hope he is ruled ineligible for the GWS academy.
What will make him ineligible? Same reasons as Marshall?

Bit of talk now that Todd Marshall could be a significant slider and might even be available at our pick. I haven't been enamoured with him as a top 5-10 sort of prospect but landing him at 18 would excite me. Thoughts?

Bit of talk now that Todd Marshall could be a significant slider and might even be available at our pick. I haven't been enamoured with him as a top 5-10 sort of prospect but landing him at 18 would excite me. Thoughts?
No, not for mine. Harry McKay-esque, will take too long to develop and his production this year has been poor.

He doesn't appeal to me that greatly as a prospect at all, unless the club thinks he can really fill out. Large bust potential.
As would I, and as with many BigFooty Bulldogs. The perfect player for us to draft, I feel.
I'm really unsure about Simpkin. Is he any more than a small forward? I wouldn't spend a first rounder on a small fwd. Pick 18 maybe and he sounds like a decent kid but I think there might be a player with more scope at that pick. Could be wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2016 Draft Prospects(Poll Added)

Back