Analysis 2016 List Management Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomlinsons best game on the weekend, if you haven't had a chance watch the replay, kicking efficiency was superb. Will be a blue next year

We still 100% sure he will be a Blue?

He's getting games now and recent rumours of Collingwood in the mix.

Good to see that GWS have now developed him to be able to play as a KPP at a decent standard, something he wasn't able to do until this recent string of games.

All our last years recruits have now shown something to look forward to.

Weitering started like a house on fire but has slowed down somewhat. Star of the future.
CCurnow showed enough in the games he played for us to be confident that he'll be a handful for the opposition.
Silvagni: A player we had good reason to feel we wouldn't see this season....yet we now have him in our best 22....Amazing.
Cuningham playing better football in the seniors than he had in the VFL. Bolts a fan and that's good enough.
McKay has only had limited time in the VFL after back injury but the noise coming out of the CFC is strong for him.

Every chance that all 5 will be in our starting team next year.
this excites me. just wish DVR would get an opportunity - KJ to come on...... hopefully. And a few good trades/drafts this year. Good times ahead.
on another note - what does everyone thing about Majak?? just to fill some holes over the next bit...............

We still 100% sure he will be a Blue?

He's getting games now and recent rumours of Collingwood in the mix.

Good to see that GWS have now developed him to be able to play as a KPP at a decent standard, something he wasn't able to do until this recent string of games.

May stay in Sydney, to stay with the new GF.. i would :)

Can we put an end to the trade Gibbs suggestions once and for all?
I know this is an open forum of opinion but the insistence of some people on this topic really irritates me.

Gibbs has been one of our top midfielders pretty much his whole career and has always finished high in the B&F...and this year he's again up there and has shown he can absolutely dominate games and kick goals.

The problem is consistency but as Bolts mentioned in his presser, he has shouldered a huge workload in the midfield due to our lack of depth, it's near impossible to keep up such a high level week after week with the game time he spends in the middle. If you watch our games, Gibbs starts in the middle pretty much all game every game...whereas other teams are able to rotate midfielders in the centre and give them a breather.

Get more midfield support around Gibbs and he'll tear games apart more often.

Also, we need Gibbs and Murphy to lead our midfield and teach the young mids coming through the ropes and take the pressure off them...cant have a midfield full of nothing but youngsters.

EDIT: I also notice most of the 'trade Gibbs' camp are happy to trade him for a pick in the teens...that's ridiculous. Gibbs is a proven performer who can dominate games...while history shows pick 13-17 will end up a bust or only a 'good' player a high % of the time.
Gibbs really polarises opinion when it comes to a decision about whether to trade him or not. I guess the only way to find out if what we gain is better than what we lose is to trade him and see.

It will unite the fans once he is gone, so an easy decision to make.

such nice language about a 19yo kid who obviously has a lot more talent than you.
Fair point but a player that chooses to play for free kicks the way he does and there seems to be more and more of it creeping into the game is always going to be copping some ridicule . Rather serious ridicule on said occasion .
The fact that mathieson has learnt it so early in his career is a bit disturbing really .

Not a player I'd care to chase. We want smart players and Daw doesn't have good game awareness.

I tend to think the same, he would fill a hole.. But we had Sentanta who i see as quite a similar player to Majak and Sentata flaws were just too big to offset his obvious talent..

I reckon Buckley may have saved his career on the weekend.

Gibbs really polarises opinion when it comes to a decision about whether to trade him or not. I guess the only way to find out if what we gain is better than what we lose is to trade him and see.

It will unite the fans once he is gone, so an easy decision to make.

I think Gibbs name only gets raised because we have so little trade currency that would net us anything to get excited about.

Kreuz was pretty good on the weekend I thought and has remained fit all season - playing 20 games. After the injuries he's had over the last few seasons, I think he's earned a year to get back on track. Looking forward to seeing the big fella have a great off-season and hit 2017 in full flight.
Yep, I love the big guy so trade scenarios involving third round picks and fringe players shit me to tears.

He's not the player we hoped, and I acknowledge that, but the fact we persevere playing two bonafide rucks does limit his output severely. Anytime he's had a lone hand in the ruck his impact on games increases markedly.

Yep, I love the big guy so trade scenarios involving third round picks and fringe players shit me to tears.

He's not the player we hoped, and I acknowledge that, but the fact we persevere playing two bonafide rucks does limit his output severely. Anytime he's had a lone hand in the ruck his impact on games increases markedly.
I think his currency as a Ruck is pick #15-25 as there are few quality Rucks available this year.
I would prefer we keep him, but will accept whatever happens as we are in a rebuild.
Kreuzer still has plenty to offer us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just pointing out the irony. It is similar to Casboult, people are advocating a trade to teams that need him for the exact role he plays for us, leaving us with no replacement.
There is phillips as a replacement for kruezer getting backup is the need . For casboult there is no obvious replacement so doesnt make sense .

I think his currency as a Ruck is pick #15-25 as there are few quality Rucks available this year.
I would prefer we keep him, but will accept whatever happens as we are in a rebuild.
Kreuzer still has plenty to offer us.
If we were offered a pick in that range would be silly not to take it .

One week to go and delistings start coming into play.
Not much has changed over the past few weeks but at best guess:

Retired: Jamison Walker = 2

Likely Delistings: Dick Foster Smith Wood Gallucci Tutt= 6

Possible Delistings: DVR Whiley Sheehan = 3

Possible Trade-out: Graham Everitt Casboult Tuohy Buckley = 5

Possible Retirements: Rowe Armfield = 2

Not all of them will come about but if most of those trades come about, then it's not completely impossible.
I know that Buckley may have saved himself but if the want to move him on was there three weeks ago, would it have changed now?
I'm still putting Rowe and Armfield forward until such a time as they have been contracted. Rowe has triggered his clause for another but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back