2016 Non-Crows AFL Discussion - Cont. in Part 2 (link in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a higher older % because no doubt 2 thirds of our season ticket list have been a member of the club for well over 20 years. Port lost a bucket load of senior members during the Mark Williams years because they hated him and the arrogance he portrayed at the club. Combined with the lean years, Port needed to rebuild. Give them another 20 years our demographics will be identical.
I also really like the 17,000 'other' members that are claimed

If you're looking for someone who doesn't give a flying **** what they did, I'm your guy. (although guy is now hate speech)

Heaven forbid anyone see no one rates their little scratch match. Give me a break, it's news because they're women perennially oppressed and all umbrage must be taken due to the 'fact'.
To believe they aren't getting gifted a professional league out of special treatment instead of natural progression of elite competition and quality of product is living in fantasy land. This isn't equality it's equity over something that isn't a basic need.

Who cares if some elite level players that make the game want to warm up near by, it's effects on their "tight affair" were none.
I don't give a toss that it was women playing. I would be equally as pissed off at them if it were the under 15s Div 2 game. It's disrespectful. We always taught our lads to stay off the playing area when warming up, it's just common courtesy.

I don't give a toss that it was women playing. I would be equally as pissed off at them if it were the under 15s Div 2 game. It's disrespectful. We always taught our lads to stay off the playing area when warming up, it's just common courtesy.

If it was a div 2 u/15 game you would not oboe about it. I know this because the same thing happens most weeks.

It is not like it was a full on warm up with cones and set drills. It was a couple of guys having a kick when the ball was at the other end.

The positive is that the guys were out there watching the game.

If it was a div 2 u/15 game you would not oboe about it. I know this because the same thing happens most weeks.

It is not like it was a full on warm up with cones and set drills. It was a couple of guys having a kick when the ball was at the other end.

The positive is that the guys were out there watching the game.
The incident received the publicity it has because there was a women's game in progress at the time. However, the right & wrong of warming up on the field while a game is still in progress has nothing to do with gender. It's equally wrong to do it for a demonstration women's game or a boys div 2 U/15s game.

The incident received the publicity it has because there was a women's game in progress at the time. However, the right & wrong of warming up on the field while a game is still in progress has nothing to do with gender. It's equally wrong to do it for a demonstration women's game or a boys div 2 U/15s game.
It's really not a hard concept to grasp.

He was. He has now reverted to his Pittard name. He held the record for the longest ever drafted name beating Prestigiacomo.
I would have kept Mc Millan
Doesn't rhyme with Shittard

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An article in today's Advertiser (page 5) talks about ticket prices at AO compared to MCG and Etihad. The last paragraph piqued my interest when the journo wrote 'Port and Geelong supporter Catherine Grant said she bought General Admission tickets ....................'

Hmmmmmm, their new breed of supporter is unlike their true est 1870 supporter.

An article in today's Advertiser (page 5) talks about ticket prices at AO compared to MCG and Etihad. The last paragraph piqued my interest when the journo wrote 'Port and Geelong supporter Catherine Grant said she bought General Admission tickets ....................'

Lol must be related to that guy that hit Clarkson.

How can you be a Port AND Geelong supporter. Pick a team!

Her next article will be "119 reasons I am happy and sad to follow football '"

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet but Brad Scott won't be coaching NM tonight after being hospitalised with a virus. Crocker to fill in.

If you can't beat them, join them!

We have a higher older % because no doubt 2 thirds of our season ticket list have been a member of the club for well over 20 years. Port lost a bucket load of senior members during the Mark Williams years because they hated him and the arrogance he portrayed at the club. Combined with the lean years, Port needed to rebuild. Give them another 20 years our demographics will be identical.

Their current batch of supporters won't last anywhere near that long. They abandoned their club less than ten years after winning a premiership.

Port will always have a younger demographic at their games compared to us because their new supporters simply don't have to wait, and get older whilst waiting, for a seat to become available.

The key to getting rid of tanking is to stop call it tanking. Teams who can't make finals and who try some kids or put players into surgery early are being smart. It's actually ok to be smart and the argument that it's unfair for the punters if teams aren't fair dinkum... please! I'm sure the punters are privy to the premiership table and have a brain.

It's no different to teams taking their foot off the gas in the last quarter when they're already 10 goals up. What about bets on the margin???!!! Unfair!!!

Is there a politically correct term for tanking? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back