2016 Non-Crows AFL Discussion - Cont. in Part 2 (link in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The AFL needs to send a please explain to Brisbane for blatantly tanking this game. They pushed Hawthorn at home and only got blown away in the last quarter and yet in a very winnable game, the cue is in the rack and players are out of positions. The way Fremantle players are barely celebrating anything they do suggests they know what is happening. A full investigation needs to occur. This game is just a joke.

Weren't they talking about asking for a priority pick during the week? They might be starting the audition process for one this week.

Don't be hard on yourself. If they are throwing the game, you can't predict that shit.

The AFL need the lottery for this very reason. What makes it even more of a glaring issue is that Fremantle have probably the exact same level of quality on the park. The AFL won't admit it though. Other clubs watching this should sit up and take notice and petition the AFL to refuse a priority pick.

Weren't they talking about asking for a priority pick during the week? They might be starting the audition process for one this week.

Tanking isn't earning one. The AFL should publicly shame Brisbane into at least competing at a level their squad can. The AFL should also demand Leppa's head before anything comes Brisbanes way.

The AFL need the lottery for this very reason. What makes it even more of a glaring issue is that Fremantle have probably the exact same level of quality on the park. The AFL won't admit it though. Other clubs watching this should sit up and take notice and petition the AFL to refuse a priority pick.
I think Leigh Matthews had a good idea.

The bottom picks should be based on an average of the last three years. It stops a decent team having a bad year and getting a big leg up they don't need.

The bottom picks should be based on an average of the last three years. It stops a decent team having a bad year and getting a big leg up they don't need.

But then you get clubs with bad management getting a leg up they don't need either. That's the problem with the current system. There is no reward for good club management. What they should do is take performance out of the equation by conducting a lottery for the first 10 picks that includes everyone but the top 4.

Normal draft positioning reoccurs from pick 11. minus the teams who got the top 10 picks. I think its a fairer system and good teams who strive for finals every year will be potentially rewarded instead of being screwed for having some semblance of ambition and respect for their players and fans.

Official figure was 40,096.

If we are on equal games I'm pretty sure we've had more than an entire stadium full of people more than them already this year.

Is that pre or post the minus about 1,000 they deduct later for AO staff or something?

Lol Rooch. The gift that keeps on giving.

When SA teams give no quarter
IT is a four-quarter game but SA’s AFL clubs are best after halftime. Adelaide is best for third quarters, while Port never gives up and dominates final terms. Michelangelo Rucci report
He does realise they lost that last quarter doesn't he.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't voss a game and half out of the 8 when he got sacked? Seems to me after the voss sacking they went downhill.

Swapped one triple premiership player for another as coach, time for them to look elsewhere.

Maybe Port will give Leppo a job after he is sacked?

Gotta say that the whole "no streaming access" to radio stations during a game is just stupid. I can understand it during the game, petty, but I understand. To have a block on pre game discussion and not to have it via the AFL website is just f***ing moronic.
Greedy f***s.

Gotta say that the whole "no streaming access" to radio stations during a game is just stupid. I can understand it during the game, petty, but I understand. To have a block on pre game discussion and not to have it via the AFL website is just f***ing moronic.
Greedy f***s.

Yeah, it's not like they make more or less money by limiting the broadcast to actual radio transmitters. Besides, the ad space on the websites and apps would be better for them. Just another 20th century industry like print media that refuses to move into the future.

Oh you just know the AFL will implement this rule the year we have a very poor year and finish bottom 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back