2016 Non-Crows AFL Discussion - Cont. in Part 2 (link in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since moving to Adelaide Oval we've had more people through the gates from 3 less games.

Their average attendance has dropped off by 5,000, ours started at 48,000 and remains at 48,000.

They also have the 11 lowest Adelaide Oval attendances.

But yep they've overtaken us.

Time for a "Port fans, do you want your club to be more like Adelaide?" article? Rucci?

Reading this a few years on is good for a laugh...

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...k=c1fdcf6b55a5d916be9a9aec2b68e3f0-1465629486
I love the bloke that replied on April 21 this year 'Lol yeah we are real jealous'

Butcher - 28 games, 3.1 marks/game, 1.3 goals/game, 1.0 contested marks/game, 1.5 marks inside 50/game, 0.3 goal assists/game
Dixon - 11 games, 4.5 marks/game, 2.4 goals/game, 2.0 contested marks/game, 2.3 marks inside 50 per game, 0.7 goal assist/game

So here's the key question: what does the extra $500k a year get Port?

1.4 marks a game
1.1 goals a game
1.0 contested marks a game
0.8 marks inside 50 a game
0.4 goal assists a game

That's it. For $500,000.
Yet some Port supporters thought we overpaying for Betts & he is being paid much less than Dixon - about $500K pa.

Just had a look at my tips and apparently I tipped Brisbane even though I was sure I tipped Fremantle :huh::eek::oops::'(
I thought about the Lions as their team looks OK on paper & they were home, but then remembered they were playing with no heart.

Me after looking at the free kick count and then the final scoreboard...

735.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yet some Port supporters thought we overpaying for Betts & he is being paid much less than Dixon - about $500K pa.

You remember the shit we copped. Massive dump on their board shot getting Betts, FFS even MM thought we overpaid him.

I lived watching him at Carlton I thought he was brilliant. To get that blue chip talent here was impressive. Yes I do believe he is a blue chip small forward.

The AFL needs to send a please explain to Brisbane for blatantly tanking this game. They pushed Hawthorn at home and only got blown away in the last quarter and yet in a very winnable game, the cue is in the rack and players are out of positions. The way Fremantle players are barely celebrating anything they do suggests they know what is happening. A full investigation needs to occur. This game is just a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back