List Mgmt. 2016 Trade and Free Agency Targets Part 1

Who do you hope we target?

• Daniel Rich - Brisbane Lions (Free Agent)

Votes: 21 7.5%
  • Jaeger O'Meara - Gold Coast Suns (Trade)

Votes: 112 40.1%
  • Dion Prestia - Gold Coast Suns (Trade)

Votes: 53 19.0%
  • Tom Lynch - Gold Coast Suns(Trade)

Votes: 24 8.6%
  • Ollie Wines - Port (Trade)

Votes: 55 19.7%
  • Other

Votes: 65 23.3%
  • Peter Wright - Gold Coast Suns (Trade)

Votes: 23 8.2%
  • Tom Rockliff

Votes: 15 5.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ross was a genuine inside mid

but acres and dunstan certainly were not. acres played across half back and half fwd flank in the champs where as dunstan was a half back flanker. acres at colts level spent time in the center against very inferior opposition, which is not a good indicator of if he is a midfielder

i'll let barrels speak for gresh

armitage and ross are probably the genuine mids that came through (outside of gresh) where as the other seemed to be partial entities that we are trying to push into the role. my worry is this is different to say a cripps, brayshaw, oliver, wines, viney etc. that were genuine midfielders
Dunstan absolutely was. Gresh too; they made him play forward at the Champs to show he had other strings to his bow due to height concerns.

ross was a genuine inside mid

but acres and dunstan certainly were not. acres played across half back and half fwd flank in the champs where as dunstan was a half back flanker. acres at colts level spent time in the center against very inferior opposition, which is not a good indicator of if he is a midfielder

i'll let barrels speak for gresh

armitage and ross are probably the genuine mids that came through (outside of gresh) where as the other seemed to be partial entities that we are trying to push into the role. my worry is this is different to say a cripps, brayshaw, oliver, wines, viney etc. that were genuine midfielders
Dunstan was drafted as a genuine midfielder. He may have spent a fair bit of time on the flanks in the champs (he also spent time up forward) but as a junior he was always predominately a midfielder, even at SANFL level.

Yes Acres did play all over the ground, but I think before injuring himself in his draft year he spent most of the year in the midfield (you'd know more than me there).

Gresham averaged 30 touches a game playing in the midfield last year.

I don't think it's a concern that some of our midfielders can play various roles either.

One way to look at it is with our picks we have had we could have picked the 10th-15th best mid or the 1st-8th best flanker and we've taken some flankers.

we pretty much have all areas covered except blue chip mids which I suspect we'll draft from now on with our early first round picks.

If we add 2 players like a bont, cripps, wingard, oliver, martin, parish ect our midfield starts to look extremely good with a good spine.

One way to look at it is with our picks we have had we could have picked the 10th-15th best mid or the 1st-8th best flanker and we've taken some flankers.

we pretty much have all areas covered except blue chip mids which I suspect we'll draft from now on with our early first round picks.

If we add 2 players like a bont, cripps, wingard, oliver, martin, parish ect our midfield starts to look extremely good with a good spine.

Exactly , we can only draft the players that are available at our Pick.
Maybe we could have got a good pure mid instead of Billings, but the we wouldn't have got Billings.
Same with McCartin. Should we have got Crouch instead of Acres? its the only one we had a chance at that i can see.
Jack Steel instead of McKenzie?

I think it is F/A that will land that extra elite mid we only need one player who sits on top of Steven in our mid field.
Otherwise its just luck in the draft if you go through AA teams the best mids come from everywhere in the draft much easier to use money. Treloar was the best opportunity so far, we hired that Carlton guy to sweet talk anyone who gets disgruntled so lets hope it pays off in the next couple years otherwise we will get stuck just inside or outside the top 8.
The plan was always to build a top 8 team then use F/A to make a top 4 team seems to be on track. I think they would be very pleased with our recycled and later round players and a little disappointed with our 1st rounders.
If there was a snowballs chance i would back the truck up for Heppell

Exactly , we can only draft the players that are available at our Pick.
Maybe we could have got a good pure mid instead of Billings, but the we wouldn't have got Billings.
Same with McCartin. Should we have got Crouch instead of Acres? its the only one we had a chance at that i can see.
Jack Steel instead of McKenzie?
Steele was an academy selection

I think it is F/A that will land that extra elite mid we only need one player who sits on top of Steven in our mid field.
Otherwise its just luck in the draft if you go through AA teams the best mids come from everywhere in the draft much easier to use money. Treloar was the best opportunity so far, we hired that Carlton guy to sweet talk anyone who gets disgruntled so lets hope it pays off in the next couple years otherwise we will get stuck just inside or outside the top 8.
The plan was always to build a top 8 team then use F/A to make a top 4 team seems to be on track. I think they would be very pleased with our recycled and later round players and a little disappointed with our 1st rounders.
If there was a snowballs chance i would back the truck up for Heppell
Heppell? Plz

I want my gun mid to kick the ball forward, not backwards & sideways (his metres gained stats are shocking), & not stand off the back of packs like a seagull waiting for a chip

Whitfield would be perfect.

He's the one I want, over O'Meara too.....only because I'm not sure Jaeger will get over his injuries.

It's going to be exciting over the next two seasons especially how we go about making the list better in terms of acquisitions. Specific trading v the draft v free agents

Whitfield would be perfect.
not for what he will cost to outbid every team.

id take heppell every day of the week.

this crap talk about his meters gained can easily be fixed in a different system. he's miles ahead of witters

He's the one I want, over O'Meara too.....only because I'm not sure Jaeger will get over his injuries.

It's going to be exciting over the next two seasons especially how we go about making the list better in terms of acquisitions. Specific trading v the draft v free agents

Born in 94, he'd fit our age demographic perfectly. I'd happily give up our first pick...or even better our future first seeing as I reckon we'll climb the ladder next year.

not for what he will cost to outbid every team.

id take heppell every day of the week.

this crap talk about his meters gained can easily be fixed in a different system. he's miles ahead of witters

Whitfield is a couple of years younger & already accumulating plenty of footy. A running machine & exactly what we need. But I wouldn't say know to Heppel either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whitfield is a couple of years younger & already accumulating plenty of footy. A running machine & exactly what we need. But I wouldn't say know to Heppel either.
these are the numbers whitters is going to have to match because this is hep at the age whitters is now (heads up he won't come close)

Screen Shot 2016-03-29 at 9.16.28 pm.png

i feel like if whitfeld went 20 in the draft then people wouldn't be talking him up as much as he is sought after now, a little bit of the jack watts aura about him because he went 1 (in an comprimised draft)

Heppell is a cheat who took performance enhancing drugs for 2 years, of course his stats will be better. He was doped to the eyeballs FFS

It's no coincidence that Watson, Carlisle, Heppell, Stanton, Hooker & co all became gun players around this 2012-2013

Long term for our needs Whitfield is the man, but I'd even make a play for Sam Mayes too.

these are the numbers whitters is going to have to match because this is hep at the age whitters is now (heads up he won't come close)

View attachment 229977

i feel like if whitfeld went 20 in the draft then people wouldn't be talking him up as much as he is sought after now, a little bit of the jack watts aura about him because he went 1 (in an comprimised draft)

As I said, more than happy to take Heppel as well, his numbers are elite but Whitfield's are nothing to sneeze about & hes OOC.

would u be happy with pick 5 and next years 1st or 2nd for him?

thats what he's costing.
What's Heppell costing?

He ain't gonna walk as he's going to be offered captaincy next year. He'd cost the same if not more as he's contracted & for some uncanny brainless reason still actually loves Essendon FC

Born in 94, he'd fit our age demographic perfectly. I'd happily give up our first pick...or even better our future first seeing as I reckon we'll climb the ladder next year.

It could even be our 2016 and 2017 firsts for Whitfield and their 2017 second kind of deal....

would u be happy with pick 5 and next years 1st or 2nd for him?

thats what he's costing.

I wouldn't say he's Treloar value...close tho.

For Prestia I'd pay our first. He's pretty much bust-proof & accumulates plenty of ball but he doesn't seem to have an elite quality that stands out.

GC would ask for the world, they're a greedy bunch & did well in the Hickey & Dixon deals.

I wouldn't pay 2 x firsts for him & their future 2nd. He's shown a lot but not as much as Treloar. I'd go to the draft or look elsewhere.

Agreed but I think the Treloar deal is what most clubs will try for going forward for Whitfield, Prestia etc.

I think I would do that deal for Shiel (and I hope we do at the end of 2017 when his contract is up)

Does anyone expect jack sinclair to be back in the side soon? Or is he under an injury cloud or something? He has plenty of outside talent and has shown heaps at senior level in the past

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back