List Mgmt. 2016 Trade and Free Agency Targets Part 1

Who do you hope we target?

• Daniel Rich - Brisbane Lions (Free Agent)

Votes: 21 7.5%
  • Jaeger O'Meara - Gold Coast Suns (Trade)

Votes: 112 40.1%
  • Dion Prestia - Gold Coast Suns (Trade)

Votes: 53 19.0%
  • Tom Lynch - Gold Coast Suns(Trade)

Votes: 24 8.6%
  • Ollie Wines - Port (Trade)

Votes: 55 19.7%
  • Other

Votes: 65 23.3%
  • Peter Wright - Gold Coast Suns (Trade)

Votes: 23 8.2%
  • Tom Rockliff

Votes: 15 5.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed but I think the Treloar deal is what most clubs will try for going forward for Whitfield, Prestia etc.

I think I would do that deal for Shiel (and I hope we do at the end of 2017 when his contract is up)

Shiel for sure he's already proven to be elite & has some real qualities. Treloar seemed like a win-win....but I will lol if the Pies finish bottom 3 or so giving GWS pick 3 this year...they would've been banking on finishing well in the 8

No way would I be giving up multiple picks (especially top 5 picks) for Whitfield.
He's a nice player but he's so far behind guys with that sort of value (like Shiel & Treloar)... Agree that Kelly has gone past him at a great rate of knots too.

I'd prefer to keep our 1st rounder for the draft & work on young money ball picks like Brucey was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone expect jack sinclair to be back in the side soon? Or is he under an injury cloud or something? He has plenty of outside talent and has shown heaps at senior level in the past
Had 27 touches & 4 goals in the Sandy/Box Hill praccy match, so he's definitely not injured at present

Scenario.... hickey plays all year like round 1. Forward line is cemented with paddy, bruce(resting ruck) and hickey for bigmen. Richmond put pick 11 on the table for Longer. Do we pull the trigger and enter the draft with picks 8 and 11? Albeit with little quality ruck stock in the reserves... pearce and holmes.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

No way would I be giving up multiple picks (especially top 5 picks) for Whitfield.
He's a nice player but he's so far behind guys with that sort of value (like Shiel & Treloar)... Agree that Kelly has gone past him at a great rate of knots too.

I'd prefer to keep our 1st rounder for the draft & work on young money ball picks like Brucey was.

I'd take a look at Sean Lemmens from GC as a money ball trade.

Wingman with pace & has played played 37 games already (from the Billings/Dunstan/Acres draft of 2013)

Scenario.... hickey plays all year like round 1. Forward line is cemented with paddy, bruce(resting ruck) and hickey for bigmen. Richmond put pick 11 on the table for Longer. Do we pull the trigger and enter the draft with picks 8 and 11? Albeit with little quality ruck stock in the reserves... pearce and holmes.

Hard choice depends on how good this draft ends up but if it is as good as they say I'd be greedy and look for steak knifes late pick or player.
Also need to have Longer re-signed at that point

Hell yes, Holmes has shown himself to be a good tap ruckman so if Hickey goes down there's a replacement, albeit he's not a star, he can at least be competitive in the ruck.

If Hickey had a consistent season playing like he did on Sunday we would have to consider. If we did trade Longer for pick 11 and had another first rounder such as 8 we could potentially complete our midfield and pick up 2 guns. Probably would need a cheap ready made depth ruckman (Redden??). Or another option is go for a cheapish ruck/forward like Vardy to compliment Hickey.

Or we could just develop Longer/Hickey into the best ruck combination in the league :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Horlin-Smith and/or Murdoch (old mate Brodie's brother) from Geelong are two that fill our need for a taller mid and could be looking for greater opportunities come the end of season...
What are everyone's thoughts on these guys?
Personally I believe you're far better off getting undervalued players and working on them rather than breaking the bank on one star player.
*A champion team will always beat a team of champions*

I wouldn't say he's Treloar value...close tho.

For Prestia I'd pay our first. He's pretty much bust-proof & accumulates plenty of ball but he doesn't seem to have an elite quality that stands out.

GC would ask for the world, they're a greedy bunch & did well in the Hickey & Dixon deals.

Prestia is going to Melbourne end of story.
Think we are far better going after talent not getting games.

GWS.. Hoskin -Elliott , Barrett , ...........not Pickett.

Prestia is going to Melbourne end of story.
Think we are far better going after talent not getting games.

GWS.. Hoskin -Elliott , Barrett , ...........not Pickett.

I have read that Prestia & his fam are big Melb supporters & he was close to going there last year...but only rumours at this stage. What makes you so confident. I ask cos we've seen guys like Boyd strongly linked to Carlton & Shiel to Richmond only to re-sign or go elsewhere.

I like the idea of going after guys on the peripheral of selection. Steel I like but he'd cost a bit considering his output & the fact he was essentially a pick 16 (Roo's bid at 16) if we're basing it on the new system.

We trade Hickey for 2 first rounders and back Longer :D

thats exactly right find the fringe gems there out there.

Horlin-Smith and/or Murdoch (old mate Brodie's brother) from Geelong are two that fill our need for a taller mid and could be looking for greater opportunities come the end of season...
What are everyone's thoughts on these guys?
Personally I believe you're far better off getting undervalued players and working on them rather than breaking the bank on one star player.
*A champion team will always beat a team of champions*
Murdoch looks alright but better to invest games in Acres and Webster. I'm not worried about our height only worthwhile "money ball" play I see is finding a Brett Guerra type as a near term Geary replacement but I wonder if Eli could go back.

Our team is already a "money ball" team compare our picks/trades with any other rebuilding team and we have done more with less. We are a bottom 4 team that had a de-listed play picked up by a prelim team and was unlucky/didn't try to win the VFL cup we have depth we need an extra game winner.

Add Treloar or Kelly or Wingard or Dangerfield into our team last week and we win that's it or we use the draft but even if we hit the draft jackpot it will take 3 to 4 years to lift us into the top 4 team.

Murdoch looks alright but better to invest games in Acres and Webster. I'm not worried about our height only worthwhile "money ball" play I see is finding a Brett Guerra type as a near term Geary replacement but I wonder if Eli could go back.

Our team is already a "money ball" team compare our picks/trades with any other rebuilding team and we have done more with less. We are a bottom 4 team that had a de-listed play picked up by a prelim team and was unlucky/didn't try to win the VFL cup we have depth we need an extra game winner.

Add Treloar or Kelly or Wingard or Dangerfield into our team last week and we win that's it or we use the draft but even if we hit the draft jackpot it will take 3 to 4 years to lift us into the top 4 team.

If we are really in a rush to replace Geary short term, the obvious choice is Dempster. Next year we will have Carlisle, Gilbert, Roberton, and Goddard for the talls.

If we are really in a rush to replace Geary short term, the obvious choice is Dempster. Next year we will have Carlisle, Gilbert, Roberton, and Goddard for the talls.
What . Replace him with someone already in the side . Who replaces Dempster . ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back