List Mgmt. 2016 Trade and Free Agency Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I`ve said before & I`ll put it out there again, the Bont is going to be/is a great player. Acres when & I say when, as he doesnt realise fully yet how good he is, will be as good if not better than the Bont.

This. Acres oozes that Roll's Royce class the Bont has shown recently. Get a bit more composure under pressure, and with more confidence from match time, Acres ceiling will be limitless!

However, I have this horrible feeling that by the time we/he come to the realisation that we have a genuine elite A-Grade player on our hands, we will lose him back to WA. He just seems that unsettled type in Melb. Heck, the first chance he gets post season he is back in WA along with Hogan. And we all know how that story will end..

Don't mean to be the spoil sport. I just have this horrible feeling about Acres. Pray I'm wrong though

He signed a long contract extension, pretty sure he'd be happy.

If I was working interstate when i was about 21 pretty sure it's want to spend a few weeks visiting family and friends back in Victoria when I got a bit of time off.

I`ve said before & I`ll put it out there again, the Bont is going to be/is a great player. Acres when & I say when, as he doesnt realise fully yet how good he is, will be as good if not better than the Bont.

Acres doesn't yet realise how good he can be. I think he's still finding his feet but that huge breakout game is coming where he totally dominate a quarter & then a game. Then that will be his new standard & it all clicks from there, which will further intensify his attack on the ball. It's about confidence & self belief.

His improvement will improve those around him. I think he'll be a late bloomer but his upside is enormous. I can also see him being swung forward as a pitch hitter when needed.

He needs to tidy up his kicking on the run though.

Connors manages Billings, not saying that he is leaving but be prepared for him to be shopped around to the highest bidder via the media next season.
Or perhaps we will respect our younger players and not try to undercut them to pay our older guys overs. Meaning they don't have to get their managers to use other clubs to get their clients the wage they deserve.

On your bike troll boy.

This. Acres oozes that Roll's Royce class the Bont has shown recently. Get a bit more composure under pressure, and with more confidence from match time, Acres ceiling will be limitless!

However, I have this horrible feeling that by the time we/he come to the realisation that we have a genuine elite A-Grade player on our hands, we will lose him back to WA. He just seems that unsettled type in Melb. Heck, the first chance he gets post season he is back in WA along with Hogan. And we all know how that story will end..

Don't mean to be the spoil sport. I just have this horrible feeling about Acres. Pray I'm wrong though

Acres has been quoted as saying that he loves Melbourne & can't see himself moving back to WA. I suspect the go home factor won't be a factor with him.

He has never indicated anything about going back to Perth in fact he has only stated the opposite. What we need to do is make sure that we extend his contrcat before he comes out of contract which 'm sure we will as baines is switched on.

I think we can all pick the ones who would attract a high pick but different clubs see different things in players. Liam Jones and Jack Anthony are perfect examples. Cloke attracting a club has surprised plenty of people who think his time has been. You always like to say any player at any club barring St Kilda is worth thirty first round picks but anyone on our list is crap and wouldn't even get interest from another club. I'm not saying Lee or Eli will go but there have been stranger trades than those two. We have cleaned up gleaning players from other lists but normally clubs like hawthorn and Geelong get trades done by parting with fair value for targeted players. I heard Geelong were very keen on Geary a couple of years ago, at the time most of our fans would have helped pack his bags for nothing. In short just because you don't rate a particular player does't mean everyone does even if you hear it from Kornell.

Gringo your problem is you are comparing ordinary players who actually played a fair bit in the ones to Lee who has played about 20 games in 5 or 6 AFL seasons. At least use an example that is close to the same as the player we are talking about. And I never say a player at another club is worth 30 first round picks. You do get emotive when you run out of actual facts. If I could be bothered and I wouldn't I would go on another fan forum and tell them they are overating certain players. Last year I called we will have to pay pick 5 for Carlisle and get a second rounder back. We got better so that hardly saying a player from another club is better than they actually are. At least Eli is young. Lee is middle aged and hasn't hardly played. He has no trade value at all. Membery was young and had no trade value. Roberton the same. Bruce went for peanuts after costing more than peanuts. As for Geary well that is hersay but its also emotive to help your discussion that is clearly running out of legs.

And of course it doesn't matter how I rate players and the end result but I'm backing I'm closer than you on most. By the way nearly every tom dick and harry said once Ledger was delisted he would get picked up. I think the only place he got picked up from was the gutter. We would have 15 players on our list worth zero. Apart from GWS nearly every other club would be similar.

There are three young midfielders on our list who have shown that they have some innate ability to dominate a match for 5-10 minutes and tke over in match winning capability.
Blake Acres
Jack BIllings
Jade Gresham

With jack he has shown he can be the match winner. Thats what makes Bont so appealing. He actually takes it upon himself to be the one to win the Dogs the game. There is no doubt tthat Billings can do this. He just needs to have some injury free time. Acres has shown in ppatches that he can dominate. Gresham dominates momments The more players like this the better we will be.

Nice try but I don't think any amount of spin can make a Saints supporter be happy that we took Billings before Bont

I'm wrapped that we took JB.

For those comparing the '13 draft to the '01 draft, at a similar stage (3 years post) Ball looked like a superstar & Hodge was a fat thug.

Bont is a young superstar no doubt but he's 3 years into a career that will hopefully go for another decade. Let's look at his career & JB's when they've BOTH had a free run injury wise.

The Dogs took a chance on Bont, just as they did with Christian Howard ahead of Fyfe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can understand why you hate us so much, I would react the same if I was in you situation.

A lovely attempt at insinuating you some how won a situation were you resigned one of you own players! Hmmmm.... Not very well thought out now that I think about it. He was your player, you won nothing apart from something you already had. Or is Essendon going so badly that retention is all you can hope for?

Oh and you did react the same way... When we took one of your players last year!

Unsettle type? Can you give us some information to prove what you are saying because I have heard he is very well settled at our club. Didn't he sign a 5 year deal after his first year?

Not a concern.
d0a09d7a03747305c0c79852906f3c10.jpg

With all due respect. I haven't seen a Bulldogs fan compare Billings to Bont in a while. You guys seem to do it daily..
Acres is the one you should be comparing him too. They have very similar traits.

It's just a bunch of trolls led by a head troll who keep bringing up anti-Billings rubbish.

Most likely not a single financial member of the club amongst them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can understand why you hate us so much, I would react the same if I was in you situation.
Bahahaha I actually feel sorry for bombers supporters. My best mate is a bombers supporter and I feel I have to text him positive news about his club just so he doesn't give up on the game completely. Ie Francis playing well in the 2's and possible trades ect.

Fellas my sources say we are legitimately balls deep into Hamish Hartlett due to richos connections with him when he was back at port. A country Victorian who Has speed and provides great disposal effiecency by hand or foot. A defensive midfielder with so much to offer and could be a superstar if guided well.Unproven talent as of now but a move could be the spark in his career and port are willing to trade. What ya think

A better option than Rockcliff but what does he cost?

Bahahaha I actually feel sorry for bombers supporters. My best mate is a bombers supporter and I feel I have to text him positive news about his club just so he doesn't give up on the game completely. Ie Francis playing well in the 2's and possible trades ect.
Do you feel like you need to send him positive texts or you actually send him positive texts ?

Im kind of sick of the Billings/Bont comparisons. The Bont is a very good player, and very young, but I think we obsess because he is the tall talented mid we think we lack.

We were all told by the club the Billings would take time, and I think he surprised a few in his first two years by pulling in out a couple of games that really made you sit up and take notice. This year he has been learning to play in new positions, and his development has continued.

The Bont came in with an afl ready body due to his size, billings didnt.

In 3 years time, I'm confident Billings will be ripping games apart.

Im not saying dont have a go. I'm saying have a go, but understand that he will make it work in time. Also understand that if Billings reaches his potential, we will have one of the most dangerous play makers in the game!

I reckon we had the better superstar players in Geelongs era but not much depth, they ran 24 players deep we ran about 16. We had to pay huge money to keep the guns while Geelongs even spread was reasonably compensated. I like guys like Billings being low key high quality. As long as he's a very high grade player I don't need him to be Bont. I reckon Billings is going to be an excellent player is the short of it but might never reach the same level as bont who keeps stepping up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back