List Mgmt. 2016 Trade and Free Agency Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You guys have some short memories. He's going to be a 250 game StKilda star.
Heres a little something just to remind you.

I'd say you're the one with a short memory if you can't remember a better young kid coming through our door.
I never said Billings wasn't going to be a great player, but he's no better than any of players I listed.

I'd say you're the one with a short memory if you can't remember a better young kid coming through our door.
I never said Billings wasn't going to be a great player, but he's no better than any of players I listed.
100% agree with that, he's got talent however I think majority of us are just annoyed we took him ahead of Bont.

100% agree with that, he's got talent however I think majority of us are just annoyed we took him ahead of Bont.
Bont was a riser in that draft year and originally wasn't even seen as a second round pick at best at the start of the year. even by the end of the year Bont hadn't played much and was very unproven and was only relying on some strong glimpses of talent and his draft combine. Not our fault but shows bulldogs have balls by picking such an unproven player at that time for pick 4. Now the universe has rewarded them for their faith

Fellas my sources say we are legitimately balls deep into Hamish Hartlett due to richos connections with him when he was back at port. A country Victorian who Has speed and provides great disposal effiecency by hand or foot. A defensive midfielder with so much to offer and could be a superstar if guided well.Unproven talent as of now but a move could be the spark in his career and port are willing to trade. What ya think

Fellas my sources say we are legitimately balls deep into Hamish Hartlett due to richos connections with him when he was back at port. A country Victorian who Has speed and provides great disposal effiecency by hand or foot. A defensive midfielder with so much to offer and could be a superstar if guided well.Unproven talent as of now but a move could be the spark in his career and port are willing to trade. What ya think
I think the Full Moon tonight is effecting this board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The one thing so cannot wait for next year is for Billings to explode and silence the critics. It's going to be sweet.

Wondering whether they'll all just disappear into the night, continue to nitpick whatever they can clutch at in his game or act like they always knew he would come good.
It's gonna be quite nice

images
Love sauces

Think it's an impatient view.
He's there on the table so we snatch at him?, when he's not what we want.

I'm sure we won't go after him

Im kind of sick of the Billings/Bont comparisons. The Bont is a very good player, and very young, but I think we obsess because he is the tall talented mid we think we lack.

We were all told by the club the Billings would take time, and I think he surprised a few in his first two years by pulling in out a couple of games that really made you sit up and take notice. This year he has been learning to play in new positions, and his development has continued.

The Bont came in with an afl ready body due to his size, billings didnt.

In 3 years time, I'm confident Billings will be ripping games apart.

Im not saying dont have a go. I'm saying have a go, but understand that he will make it work in time. Also understand that if Billings reaches his potential, we will have one of the most dangerous play makers in the game!

Im kind of sick of the Billings/Bont comparisons. The Bont is a very good player, and very young, but I think we obsess because he is the tall talented mid we think we lack.

We were all told by the club the Billings would take time, and I think he surprised a few in his first two years by pulling in out a couple of games that really made you sit up and take notice. This year he has been learning to play in new positions, and his development has continued.

The Bont came in with an afl ready body due to his size, billings didnt.

In 3 years time, I'm confident Billings will be ripping games apart.

Im not saying dont have a go. I'm saying have a go, but understand that he will make it work in time. Also understand that if Billings reaches his potential, we will have one of the most dangerous play makers in the game!

IMO we obsess because 'the Bont' has established himself as a bona fide young star of the comp. I won't deny this or state it as any less.

& unfortunately for Billings, he was taken the very next pick in the same draft. One of those Hodge/Ball/Judd scenarios. That old chestnut.

In all fairness, the same was said for Bontempelli re: he'll take time. Needs to grow into his body/put it all together yad yada. Was almost seen as a 'project' with enormous potential. He realised that potential real quick.

I actually agree with you on Billings ceiling. By no means will he turn out a dud. I think he'll be very, very good in the fullness of time. Still one of, if not THE greatest prospect we have on our list. It's just what Bont's managed to do in the same time that JB hasn't quite found his feet in the comp that's caused the discussion. Which is fair enough IMO. For the right here, right now.

Watching Bont interview after the win Friday night, mentally, from a confidence point of view, they're apples & oranges at this stage. The bloke speaks with the confidence of a 40 year old man. Thinking back on any time I've seen JB speak in the simplest of interviews, he's clearly not very comfortable. Still a kid. Who's down on confidence for whatever reason. All this tells me is that It'll be a slower burn his growth. He'll get there though. Actually really reminds me of a young Seb Ross when he first came to the club. At a young age, intense to a fault, a little awkward/shy. Just wait till that intensity and drive (not to mention the talent and skills) are paired with a little self belief..

So yeah, essentially we're making the same point lol. Give him time.

Watching the game last night got me thinking about our ruck dilemma.

The dogs had Roughhead and Boyd rucking, and when compared to the rest of the comp would come near last on effectiveness/talent. All the rucks need to do is break even with their opponent and anything else is a bonus.

Now back to our dilemma, I think that if we get a high teens pick for Longer that we certainly take that deal and improve on a position that wins you the game and that is midfield. We saw last night what happens when you win the contested ball and shut down the opposition.

Correct.

Comparing Billings to Ross mentally is kind of apt. Ross was far more awkward and unsure of himself, looked like the kid he was, only two years ago. Now he seems far more confident of his abilities and his teammates.
75% of this game is all about whats in your head. Get that right and the rest will click.

The one thing so cannot wait for next year is for Billings to explode and silence the critics. It's going to be sweet.

Wondering whether they'll all just disappear into the night, continue to nitpick whatever they can clutch at in his game or act like they always knew he would come good.

Remember the ones who continually called for Geary to be dropped and just abused him at every opportunity?

They still post here like it never happened....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back