List Mgmt. 2016 Trade/FA Thread 2.0: Ahern (pg168); Hrovat (pg252); Williams (pg270)

Remove this Banner Ad

We have tried this in previous years and it doesn't go well. People just continue to post in this version of the thread and the other one disappears off the front page of the board within hours.
Huh. So no-one except the poster wants to read their kite-flying ideas? There's a lesson in that - or should be. It's like when someone wants to tell you about a dream they had... Couldn't be less interesting.

Rooboy 96 said:
do you think the next premiership will come from playing follow the leader or coming up with an idea to beat the current trend?

Two questions.

1) Who was the last team to give up premium picks for a ruckman?
2) Who was the last team to win a flag where the ruckman was their best player?

AFL has evolved a lot the last 5-6 years but it's still all about speed, lateral movement and spread. Ruck can still be an important position but no one is building their side around a ruckman unless he is an athletic, fast freak like Naitanui.

Huh. So no-one except the poster wants to read their kite-flying ideas? There's a lesson in that - or should be. It's like when someone wants to tell you about a dream they had... Couldn't be less interesting.
By that I mean, we create a thread for confirmed trades and actual news instead of the random banter. It disappears very quickly, because there is no news for so long.

Did i stutter?

Correct. They are getting the best ruck in the league. 4 picks in the 20's are chump change for them. They need experience, we need picks. I'll be surprised if it doesn't get done.
Are you serious?
Contact the club, you pull that one off and you'll be list manager for life.
On par with Millers bag of cash with Carey/ Longmire deal

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Us signing players or trading for players at other clubs dont get announced at best and fairests, so if there is anything it has to be a resigning or change of captain (which won't happen this early into offseason) , so will probably be nothing.

Well actually Wells's leaving.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep B&F
Jack to be captain.
Wellsy to win Syd
Goldy to come out and reiterate for the 30th time he isn't going and won't be traded.
Wellsy to end his Syd award with the parting words, I'm off to the pies guys..

Maybe a separate thread should be crrated for people who want to think up ways of trading out players for picks.

Or maybe just a separate thread where Uber Posterling to can post with himself?
Good.

It'd still be more popular than the official one. I'm sure the esteemed members of this board would still come visit and fill it with tears or "good. I'm glad that thread exists so i can fast track who i need to ignore lol".

I'm running at a success rate of 0%, which is the same as every other poster thus far.

Sorry couldn't let this gem get lost in the ether...the cure to our lack of picks.

North:
Hansen and Golstein
Gold Coast:
Picks 4, 8, 22, 23, 25, and 28.

North:
Picks 11 and 25
GWS:
Picks 15, 16, 32, and 34

North:
Pick 28
Geelong:
Picks 35 and 39

Wells comp = pick 20

North lose: hansen, goldy,11, 25, 28
North gain: 4, 8, 15, 16, 20, 22, 23, 32, 34, 35, 39

11 picks inside the top 40. Reset complete.

I am so glad someone brought this across, it is by far our best case scenario and what we should be working towards. :)

I am so glad someone brought this across, it is by far our best case scenario and what we should be working towards. :)
I've faxed it to joyce. The egg on his face when he goes down into the basement after the trade period and stubbles across the fax machine...

Two questions.

1) Who was the last team to give up premium picks for a ruckman?
2) Who was the last team to win a flag where the ruckman was their best player?

AFL has evolved a lot the last 5-6 years but it's still all about speed, lateral movement and spread. Ruck can still be an important position but no one is building their side around a ruckman unless he is an athletic, fast freak like Naitanui.

Thewlis, you are correct it does not happen anymore, you have to go back to Round, Dempsey, Madden and Salmon as trades for quality ruckmen and three of these were from a time when it was a transfer fee, Salmon was part of a monster trade where Adelaide received Darren Jarman (from Hawthorn) and pick No.45 (Scott Hodges); Essendon received Sean Wellman (from Adelaide) and Paul Barnard (from Hawthorn); Hawthorn received Paul Salmon (for Barnard) and pick No.25 (Daniel Chick).

Corey all the way back in 96 should have got a Norm Smith, he was the difference, how did Cox go a decade ago?

But neither of these questions answer my initial question.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2016 Trade/FA Thread 2.0: Ahern (pg168); Hrovat (pg252); Williams (pg270)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back