List Mgmt. 2016 Trade/FA Thread 2.0: Ahern (pg168); Hrovat (pg252); Williams (pg270)

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 11 for rockliff
Pick 29 and Hansen for Hanley

Premiership mode
Rockliff is a plodder who doesnt damage the opposition and Hanley is okay as the 3 or 4th mid but is late 20s year of age. Apart from that they both have been disrespectful towards our club in the past and are a "cancer" to a list. No thanks, not even for fourth rounders.

Gut feel is other than Wellsy saying goodbye this trade period is going to be pretty much a non event for North.

I hope so. If we aren't going for elite I don't want any other teams speculations and junk. Trade out who wants to leave, package picks for better ones if we can and then hit the draft. Perfect.

I hope so. If we aren't going for elite I don't want any other teams speculations and junk. Trade out who wants to leave, package picks for better ones if we can and then hit the draft. Perfect.
Yeah makes sense and shows commitment to a rebuild rather than top up strategy...the issue will be how patient North fans will be!!

Two questions.

1) Who was the last team to give up premium picks for a ruckman?
2) Who was the last team to win a flag where the ruckman was their best player?

AFL has evolved a lot the last 5-6 years but it's still all about speed, lateral movement and spread. Ruck can still be an important position but no one is building their side around a ruckman unless he is an athletic, fast freak like Naitanui.

I agree with you, but to say NicNat can be built around LOL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's like buying a food court curry with the oil rising to the top at 6.05pm because it's marked down.
I even think he's overrated but his output is huge and according to Glenn Luff he hardly ever loses a one on one. Would add something to our midfield but I doubt he'd be going that cheap even after injuries and being caught out for being a massive flog several times.
Good movie, but he should of take the Red Sox gig. I watched it about a week ago.
He couldn't do that to his daughter though. He's still there too. Vice president now.

There is no chance in hell we get a first rounder for Hansen or BMac. Third at most.

Also, if they're not best 22 at North, how are they going to play a game at GWS? Especially when they have to reduce their list size this year.

Fair point, my trade is probably unreasonable. The main point I am trying to make is whether there is value in downgrading our 11 pick to either two later first rounders or a later first rounder (15 - 19) and an early second round pick (sub 25). Is there value in getting two high quality players at the expense of missing a potential gun mid with pick 11?

It will be interesting to see Mayne in a non Lyon coached team where defense is paramount. Mayne has pace, good hands and was a reliable kick before he was asked to play a defensive role.

It might sound crazy at present but i would not be surprised if Mayne become a handy FA acquisition. He definitely brings effort and a great work ethos which can only be a good thing for the playing group.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2016 Trade/FA Thread 2.0: Ahern (pg168); Hrovat (pg252); Williams (pg270)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back