List Mgmt. 2016 Trade/FA Thread 2.0: Ahern (pg168); Hrovat (pg252); Williams (pg270)

Remove this Banner Ad

Corey all the way back in 96 should have got a Norm Smith, he was the difference, how did Cox go a decade ago?

But neither of these questions answer my initial question.

My answer is the next flags will likely be won by sides who come up with innovative game plans rather than copying others. I also doubt they will be built around a ruckman because of how football has evolved and what qualities are required by successful sides.

Yours was a bit of a loaded question though, as it is suggesting that I am saying that teams will just copy the Bulldogs and thus not want to trade for a ruckman. That's not what I am saying at all.

McKernan was effectively a ruck rover, and Cox was surrounded by one of the most dynamic midfields of the modern era. Both were revolutionaries in terms of how they played as a ruckman.

What's everyone's thoughts and trading for more 1st Round picks? Especially if the draft is as deep as it supposedly is.

NMFC -> GWS 11 & 30 & BMac (or Hansen)
GWS -> NMFC 15, 16 & 32

So we go to the draft with 15, 16, 32, (Wells Compo Pick, possibly 33) and 66

My answer is the next flags will likely be won by sides who come up with innovative game plans rather than copying others. I also doubt they will be built around a ruckman because of how football has evolved and what qualities are required by successful sides.

Yours was a bit of a loaded question though, as it is suggesting that I am saying that teams will just copy the Bulldogs and thus not want to trade for a ruckman. That's not what I am saying at all.

McKernan was effectively a ruck rover, and Cox was surrounded by one of the most dynamic midfields of the modern era. Both were revolutionaries in terms of how they played as a ruckman.

I like your answer, the fact you and most doubt it will be built around a ruckman, could be the prefect reason to try that.

yes it was a tad loaded, but then what fun would we have without that.

I agree with McKernan effectively being a ruck rover, do you look at Goldie and think at his best he too is a fourth midfielder? I doubt he will ever be traded as we will always value him higher then anyone is prepared to trade for, why would anyone trade the best in their role (arguably) for 1 lottery ticket?

Yjhg
I like your answer, the fact you and most doubt it will be built around a ruckman, could be the prefect reason to try that.

yes it was a tad loaded, but then what fun would we have without that.

I agree with McKernan effectively being a ruck rover, do you look at Goldie and think at his best he too is a fourth midfielder? I doubt he will ever be traded as we will always value him higher then anyone is prepared to trade for, why would anyone trade the best in their role (arguably) for 1 lottery ticket?

The fact that Goldy spreads better from a contested situation than any of our current mids qualifies him as an extra mid in my opinion.

so what is being announced tonight at the B&F?

Swallow to become both captain and vice captain
Ben Brown being traded to Hawthorn
Wells is staying on 4 year deal
Club has reached in principle agreement with Mayne
Terry Wallace joining club as assistant list manager

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boomer as an assistant coach.

Nah seriously, I reckon it will be JZ Capt, Boomer Guernsey retired, change of name of the Syd to the Brent Harvey Medal

What's everyone's thoughts and trading for more 1st Round picks? Especially if the draft is as deep as it supposedly is.

GWS -> NMFC 15, 16 & 32

There is no chance in hell we get a first rounder for Hansen or BMac. Third at most.

Also, if they're not best 22 at North, how are they going to play a game at GWS? Especially when they have to reduce their list size this year.

GWS -> NMFC 15, 16 & 32

Doubt GWS would go anywhere near either BMac or Hansen but I like your thinking re downgrading 11 :thumbsu:

We should be one of the clubs pushing for Brisbane's pick 2. no if's no but's no maybe's. just bloody do something bold. we must get a great young player to the club.

One I don't even think we have the currency to get into this, we don't have multiple high picks to swap, we also don't have the player currency to package with 11 to get it done.
Also trading out 11 and if we had the currency in players, pick 2 doesn't guarentee you a great player, development still needs to happen.
If you think having pick 2 then allows us to try and get an existing player in, they stil have to want to come to us..

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2016 Trade/FA Thread 2.0: Ahern (pg168); Hrovat (pg252); Williams (pg270)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back