List Mgmt. 2016 Trade/FA Thread 2.0: Ahern (pg168); Hrovat (pg252); Williams (pg270)

Remove this Banner Ad

Ahern will be at North for a later future pick.

We will be keeping our first round pick, from pick 11 the only way we go is up the draft.

I respect your posts and this one got me thinking if we did move up how high would we need to go?

This lead me to a top 12 mini phantom based purely on my opinion.

The following has 2 matched bids thus only goes up to pick 10 in draft order. Note I expect GC to get pick 3 from Bris as part of the Hanley deal thus have GC picking at 3 and Bris at 4 + 6.

1 Ess - H McCluggage
2 GWS- A McGrath
3 GC- W Brodie
4 GC- J Bowes (Bris bid on Bowes here and GC match)
5 Bris- T Taranto
6 ?(carl)- B Ainsworth
7 GWS- W Setterfield (Bris bid matched by GWS)
8 Bris- G Logue
9 Fre- S Petrevski-Seton
10 ?(gc)- ?
11 Port- ?
12 ?(likely gc via haw) likely used on points for Bowes

In conclusion this leads me to believe if we want to move up the order we really need to get pick 6 or better which will net us one of Brodie/Taranto/Ainsworth/SPS.

Edited to include top 10 live picks before our 11

Last edited:

I respect your posts and this one got me thinking if we did move up how high would we need to go?

This lead me to a top 10 mini phantom based purely on my opinion.

The following has 2 matched bids thus only goes up to pick 8 in draft order. Note I expect GC to get pick 3 from Bris as part of the Hanley deal thus have GC picking at 3 and Bris at 4 + 6.

1 Ess - H McCluggage
2 GWS- A McGrath
3 GC- W Brodie
5 Bris- T Taranto
6 ?(carl)- B Ainsworth
8 Bris- G Logue
9 Fre- S Petrevski-Seton
10 ?(gc)- ?

In conclusion this leads me to believe if we want to move up the order we really need to get pick 6 or better which will net us one of Brodie/Taranto/Ainsworth/SPS.
Everyone thinks you guys will bottom out next year( I don't) but your first rounder next year coukd net a nice package from GC if you offered something, your first next year for a top ten this year

The following has 2 matched bids thus only goes up to pick 8 in draft order. Note I expect GC to get pick 3 from Bris as part of the Hanley deal thus have GC picking at 3 and Bris at 4 + 6.

1 Ess - H McCluggage
2 GWS- A McGrath
3 GC- W Brodie
5 Bris- T Taranto
6 ?(carl)- B Ainsworth
8 Bris- G Logue
9 Fre- S Petrevski-Seton
10 ?(gc)- ?

If this is the case we'll happily take Scrimshaw at 11. I think 11 sets us up to pick one of the sliders from that top group.

But ideally we'd have a trade that can get us another pick around the mark. However, we have no players of real currency though apart from Goldy.

He could but it's a massive risk and will he ever play to his potential??? id rather use our pick 11 on somebody that hasn't got injury concerns and is ready to play straight away. look at Anthony morabito he was a pick 4 and interesting fact morabito has only done his knee 3 times ahern already 2. Players that do the knee more than once find it very hard to come back from history shows this

If we thought he would get close to his "potential" he would cost us an early draft pick. There is a lot of risk with him so the cost will not be anything of the sort, while he is unlikely to hit the same level as he could have had he not done any knee injury, there is still a good probability he can play to a very high standard.

It wouldn't be worth the risk if the asking price was very high but I haven't heard anything that would suggest he would cost our first round pick. Giants would likely have kept him if he wanted to stay and would have been more likely to hold on to him had they not had 2000 first round pick players to choose from.

1 Ess - H McCluggage
2 GWS- A McGrath
3 GC- W Brodie
5 Bris- T Taranto
6 ?(carl)- B Ainsworth
8 Bris- G Logue
9 Fre- S Petrevski-Seton
10 ?(gc)- ?

Hard to get a good gauge on what is going to happen. If Essendon/Bris/Freo don't bid on Bowes/Setterfield/Perryman then there is going to be a lot less value around pick 11.

Lazy and has a bad attitude, wouldn't touch despite the links

Maybe he's not in the right environment, if he got to us with our strict standards and non gifting of games I'm sure he'd go alright...

Definitely think we should be offering a future 2nd-3rd rounder for Ahern, Wont play next year so only fair GWS can't cash in til next year, plus they don't really have any leverage to demand a high pick other than "oh we spent pick 7 on him".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This lead me to a top 12 mini phantom based purely on my opinion.

The following has 2 matched bids thus only goes up to pick 10 in draft order. Note I expect GC to get pick 3 from Bris as part of the Hanley deal thus have GC picking at 3 and Bris at 4 + 6.

1 Ess - H McCluggage
2 GWS- A McGrath
3 GC- W Brodie
5 Bris- T Taranto
6 ?(carl)- B Ainsworth
8 Bris- G Logue
9 Fre- S Petrevski-Seton
10 ?(gc)- ?
11 Port- ?
12 ?(likely gc via haw) likely used on points for Bowes

Edited to include top 10 live picks before our 11

Scrimshaw at 10 in that scenario I would say.

There is also word that Brisbane want SPS, even as high as 3.

We're in no man's land in this draft - if we can't trade up it might be worth exploring trading down a few picks and see what we can get for that.

Scrimshaw at 10 in that scenario I would say.

There is also word that Brisbane want SPS, even as high as 3.

We're in no man's land in this draft - if we can't trade up it might be worth exploring trading down a few picks and see what we can get for that.

Yeah.

If Brisbane interested in SPS perhaps they take him instead of Taranto and Logue drops to Freo.

I'll do a little top 25ish phantom on here once we finalise the draft order. Going to be a fair bit going on to that list in the next week

Look forward to seeing it.

I might try and keep updating my mini one as more trades get done as I think its important to have a feeling as to who might go where while the trade window is still open as it makes the value of certain picks more concrete at least in my head :/

Im also starting to think that 15 might be a little too far down the order than is desirable for us.

This lead me to think perhaps we could get involved in the Gibbs deal.

Out: 11 + 69 (69 maybe handy for Ade as if they trade their first they wont enter draft until 53)
In: 13 + 2017 Ade 3R (3R then ontraded to GWS for Ahern)

Does anyone know how deep next years draft runs?
Not sure why I sing this when I read this, but I do:

How deep is the draft , how deep is the draft
How deep is the draft?
I really mean to learn
'Cause we're living in a world of fools
Breaking us down when they all should let us be
We belong to you and me

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2016 Trade/FA Thread 2.0: Ahern (pg168); Hrovat (pg252); Williams (pg270)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back