2. Mitch Duncan
3. Tom Hawkins

;)

Richmond do well to gag this idiot.

His reasoning why they will win this time:

1. Martin will play better
2. Cotchin will play better
3. The small forwards were overawed by the small ground

So he's saying, 'everyone will play better and therefore its a guarantee we'll win!'

And in regards to this small forward issue. They are a vaunted forward half pressure team that loves tackling. If you can't get the job done in a small skinny ground like SS, then how are you going to do it on a wide ground like the MCG?

The man's an imbecile.

Which relates well to the Richmond faithful.

Hey Choco,

1. Joel Selwood
2. Mitch Duncan
3. Tom Hawkins

;)

The man's an imbecile.

Which relates well to the Richmond faithful.

Imbecile indeed. He's expecting his best players to perform even better, and his new small forwards to be elite in their performance and he's forgotten that we actually do have significant improvement by adding three of our top four players. WTF?

Exactly.
I also love how he ignores that we were missing Selwood, Duncan, Blicavs and Hawkins from the team that will line up this weekend....
Well their unearthed champion Townsend didn't play after all... and he's now their best forward so I can see why Choco is so certain about their prospects!

Townsend = Hawkins.
Cockchins improvement will equal us having Selwood back in the team.
Dustbins improvement will equal having Blitz and Duncan back in the team.

I guess Scott Selwood and Guthrie can kick tumbleweeds around...

Richmond do well to gag this idiot.

His reasoning why they will win this time:

1. Martin will play better
2. Cotchin will play better
3. The small forwards were overawed by the small ground
R
So he's saying, 'everyone will play better and therefore its a guarantee we'll win!'

And in regards to this small forward issue. They are a vaunted forward half pressure team that loves tackling. If you can't get the job done in a small skinny ground like SS, then how are you going to do it on a wide ground like the MCG?
Richmond are apparently a certainty yet he's pleading with their supporters to make a noise and spur them on. :$

Oh I agree Turbocat, totally agree. Swans are our bogey team. I'll never ever forget that utterly humiliating flogging we were given at the SCG, just demoralising! What I wonder is why our strategy remains the same when playing them? Surely it's time to play them at their own game? Why isn't Geelong focusing on stopping their forward half pressure? Looking at their weaknesses + capitalising on them. A good example was the GWS -v- Swans game where the Giants smashed them at clearances (56-32), beat them in contested possession (160-154) and I50s (59-50). Still Swans beat them. Swans are brilliant a scoring from turnovers.

"Swans have outscored their opposition by 72 points in the opening 10 minutes of games this season, hitting the scoreboard hard early with 169 points for in the first 10 minutes of games, second only to the fast-starting Essendon.

Swans are the sixth-best scorers in 2017 while the Crows are in the top four for stopping scores against."

The last time we played, our game was so ugly! Turnovers, skill errors + dropped marks. Then Selwood's injury unsettled our players. We'd clawed back from 37 points down to within three goals, but after Joel went down the Swans were up by 29 at half-time. Swans kicked a seven goal opening quarter.

"The Swans' opening quarter score of 7.5 was the biggest first quarter by a Geelong opponent at Simonds Stadium since round nine, 1986 when Hawthorn kicked 8.0.

It also equalled the visitors' highest first-quarter score at the venue with the Swans kicking 7.5 way back in 1948.

The 46-point final margin was Geelong’s biggest loss at Simonds Stadium since a 52 point loss to Hawthorn in round three, 2006."

View attachment 411613

View attachment 411612
View attachment 411615
View attachment 411616
View attachment 411617

So people, how do we adjust our strategy to beat Sydney?

Lets worry about it some other time surely, like when we play them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're the home team, so it should be SS end. Can't see it on the MCC website though.
We are at the Ponsford end. They switch things back to front for the finals. Last year we were the home side for both finals we played but the cheer squad was in the Ponsford stand each time. I don't know why they do that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Umpires for this week: Stevic, Nicholls, McInerney

On the bright side, no Chamberlain?

432948b85ea3e7619f67e0c041fe544c.jpg

Well that says who the AFL want to win, bloody hell. Nicholls and Stevic, oh my god.

That could be right, I guess.

Just refreshing to see that he's totally over the 119 and that none of that non-objective angst is reflected in his 'certainty' that the Cats will go down.

:cool:

He is good mates with Dusty and Dusty sought him out in the last few weeks again.

Comfort. But yeah, I see what you mean.

Looking at the train timetable and there just appears to be the standard footy specials and only half of them go to marshall and waurn ponds

For those driving, with the forecast of rain all week theres a good chance Yarra Park will be closed so good luck getting a park anywhere near the ground

Sure hope everyone can get away from work early enough because it's going to be a shitfight getting to this game

Looking at the train timetable and there just appears to be the standard footy specials and only half of them go to marshall and waurn ponds

For those driving, with the forecast of rain all week theres a good chance Yarra Park will be closed so good luck getting a park anywhere near the ground

Sure hope everyone can get away from work early enough because it's going to be a shitfight getting to this game
Only two trains running straight to the G. FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back