Review 2017 AFL National Draft - Friday 24th November

Dow, LDU & Rayner are taken. Who do you select at pick 4?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I've really warmed to Adam Cerra with pick 4 - he's a complete midfielder.

As midfield is our most serious issue, hard to really justify drafting anyone who isn't a genuine midfielder for mine.

You know I often ponder away and come up with scenario's, which are of course all of my own doing...

I think we should move our second rd pick to 16-19 as I think J. Stephenson is going to slide, but won't be available at 22.

So that probably puts me in the same camp as we need a mid and not another winger/fwd. Just my thoughts of course, not sure how we move up six places though?

Oh I was buying some beer and wine and I was standing there getting angry at the dude who had ****ing Meatloaf blaring through the shitty speakers..... ****ing Meatloaf!! But clearly he was friendly with this women and I wasn't particularly interested until she mention her son being a top draft prospect.

And how GC, Brissy and Freo have been showing some interest. And they wouldn't mention anymore than," oh good for him", and yeah if he goes interstate, we'll miss him." He's a great kid though". And 'ol nn is thinking," what the **** is his name"!!!!!

So I asked her as she leftlol........................................................

Sam Hayes?

Someone on the draft boards was saying that Freo are going to reach for Hayes at pick 5. Crazy!

Oh FFS GR........

Oh I was buying some beer and wine and I was standing there getting angry at the dude who had ******* Meatloaf blaring through the shitty speakers..... ******* Meatloaf!! But clearly he was friendly with this women and I wasn't particularly interested until she mention her son being a top draft prospect.

And how GC, Brissy and Freo have been showing some interest. And they wouldn't mention anymore than," oh good for him", and yeah if he goes interstate, we'll miss him." He's a great kid though". And 'ol nn is thinking," what the **** is his name"!!!!!

So I asked her as she leftlol........................................................

:D

You know I often ponder away and come up with scenario's, which are of course all of my own doing...

I think we should move our second rd pick to 16-19 as I think J. Stephenson is going to slide, but won't be available at 22.

So that probably puts me in the same camp as we need a mid and not another winger/fwd. Just my thoughts of course, not sure how we move up six places though?
Sounds like whatever will be, will be. If you know what I mean.

Hard not be impressed by that testing from Bonar and for anybody who knows a bit about these kids, what are the chances he bolts in to the top 10?

Has freak athlete written all over him.

Oh FFS GR........

Oh I was buying some beer and wine and I was standing there getting angry at the dude who had ******* Meatloaf blaring through the shitty speakers..... ******* Meatloaf!! But clearly he was friendly with this women and I wasn't particularly interested until she mention her son being a top draft prospect.

:D
Oh they posted it yesterday morning. I just saw it earlier today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard not be impressed by that testing from Bonar and for anybody who knows a bit about these kids, what are the chances he bolts in to the top 10?

Heard Brett Anderson say he was more than likely a teen pick but could be the Taranto of this draft. There's usually one that jumps up dramatically in the last month.

Its an intersting one.

Physically he seems to have recovered from his dual reco and his explosive testing at the combine is testament to that. What is unclear is his potential to be a full time mid with his injury robbing him of opportunity to show his wears in there and the ability to build a strong tank.

I guess it will come down to how recruiters project his development and footy nous off limited exposure. A risk for sure, but potentially a good risk to take. If he is capable of building a tank and can show the ability to win the footy then he could be anything.

We need elite midfielders - not good midfielders, elite midfielders. If the Top 4 - LDU, Dow, Rayner and Cerra are this year's elite, then we pick the one that is left over at our pick.

As do St Kilda and it's no surprise to hear them state yesterday that the one wish they have is to move higher up the draft to access one of the obvious few.

We need elite midfielders - not good midfielders, elite midfielders. If the Top 4 - LDU, Dow, Rayner and Cerra are this year's elite, then we pick the one that is left over at our pick.
It's certainly starting to look like there might be a bit of daylight between those 4 and the next group.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

In Cam Joyce's words " we are going to aggressively hit the draft".

For mine, pick 4 and 22 is not enough to "aggressively hit the draft" - especially considering the shape of our current list.

Can someone please explain why we are not looking at getting additional picks in the top 30?

2 picks in the top 22 is not enough to rebuild.

For mine, pick 4 and 22 is not enough to "aggressively hit the draft" - especially considering the shape of our current list.

Can someone please explain why we are not looking at getting additional picks in the top 30?

My interpretation was that Cam was referring recent feedback and referring to the tone of his voice and mannerisms. He will be calling out those names loud and deep with waving and fist pumps! All much mofe aggressive than his natural state.

Ideally we would. And it was mentioned in the club podcast. Easier said than done though. We've got players no one wants to pay up for or players we can't afford to lose or players who don't want to leave.

Seriously.....a because we haven't screamed from the roof tops exactly what we want to do and b it hasn't happened yet.

I expect those who criticise the club for not being active enough with stuff like this are also the ones who think Thomas, Mullet, Swallow etc are going to get us more picks inside 30.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review 2017 AFL National Draft - Friday 24th November

Back