List Mgmt. 2017 Draft Discussion (cont in Pt 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm all for Bonar if you guys really think a third tall is a pressing need.
That's not the role he's expected to play at AFL level though.

Is anyone expecting anyone that we draft this year to be pushing any of Steven, Ross, Armo/Koby, Dunstan, Steele, Newnes, Sincs out of their spots in their first season at AFL level anyway?

Highly doubtful that anyone we pick will be seeing much midfield time for the first year or two I reckon, especially if Acres really comes on with a 5th preseason under his belt and Freeman starts hitting his straps and stays fit. Then we might also be looking to get Gresh into the midfield more as well. They could be as far back as 12th in line for one of those spots!

Whoever we pick is surely more likely to be playing either up forward or down back to start with, and with his mix of aerial ability, elite speed and brilliant tackling ability, I could think of worse things than having Bonar easing into AFL footy in our forwardline, gradually working his way into the midfield. He could be like a mix of Membrey and Weller up there.

I’m in.

Here2tellyouwhy is my head recruiter.
I heard Sam Butler went to dinner with Cuz in cell block 9 and they're both nominating for the rookie draft.

Pick them up next week then start getting your 2018 premiership merchandise ready

That's not the role he's expected to play at AFL level though.

Is anyone expecting anyone that we draft this year to be pushing any of Steven, Ross, Armo/Koby, Dunstan, Steele, Newnes, Sincs out of their spots in their first season at AFL level anyway?

Highly doubtful that anyone we pick will be seeing much midfield time for the first year or two I reckon, especially if Acres really comes on with a 5th preseason under his belt and Freeman starts hitting his straps and stays fit. Then we might also be looking to get Gresh into the midfield more as well. They could be as far back as 12th in line for one of those spots!

Whoever we pick is surely more likely to be playing either up forward or down back to start with, and with his mix of aerial ability, elite speed and brilliant tackling ability, I could think of worse things than having Bonar easing into AFL footy in our forwardline, gradually working his way into the midfield. He could be like a mix of Membrey and Weller up there.

Yeah, for sure.

If he's your man, then rock n roll, back the lad in. Just can't remember anyone wanting a Justin Westhoff type throughout the year.

Yeah, for sure.

If he's your man, then rock n roll, back the lad in. Just can't remember anyone wanting a Justin Westhoff type throughout the year.
Justin Whesthoff?

Not sure how you're getting 199cm Westhoff out of 189cm Bonar, but OK!

I might be a fruit loop, but Naughton looks way more likely than Bonar to transition to top level footy and be a gun.
Could that be because Naughton isn't coming back from two knee reconstructions and missing the best part of two years of footy perhaps?

I might be a fruit loop, but Naughton looks way more likely than Bonar to transition to top level footy and be a gun.

Different players of course, but neither an AFL midfielder imo.

A subtle fishing expedition lmao

Bonar will be fine. There’s a reason why the pros rate the campaigner so highly. The Pelican predicts he’ll be wearing red, white & black. Gonna be some nice milts!

Clarke Brayshaw combo ticks the most boxes for mine. Just think there will be a definite slider w/ Brander & Naughton a chance to go to Coll/Freo, and we're sitting in the box seat.

Brayshaw just has natural game and instincts that suit today's football perfectly. Clarke feels like a cheeky wildcard gun that has a massive ceiling, and could provide a rare point of difference if he comes on.

I do love the Fog, just want a couple of pro runners that could get a game here and there next year when a player needs a spell in the ressies. Put some heat on our 2013-2015 crop who need to start producing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2013 - James Aish - pick 7
2014 - Peter Wright - pick 8
2016 - Will Brodie - pick 9

The above were all tipped to go pick 1 only months out from the draft. Who slides to pick 7/8 in 2017? My tip: Paddy Dow

Pick 1 - Bris - LDU
Pick 2 - Freo - Cerra
Pick 3 - Carl - Rayner
Pick 4 - North - Stephenson
Pick 5 - Freo - Brayshaw
Pick 6 - Coll - Naughton
Pick 7 - StK - Dow
Pick 8 - StK - Bonar
Pick 9 - WBD - Murphy
Pick 10 - Carl - Constable

Slider: Coffield
(Looks a bit petit, not sure he’s up to finals type footy tbh)

so realistically we're picking up the leftover of Brayshaw/Stephenson/Coffield.

With pick 8 pick Hunter Clarke.

The more vision of the rest of draftees get posted the more obvious it becomes

Hunter will come in as a winger to begin with and run through the middle and when he builds a frame will be a full time mid like David Mundy

Easy choice for Trout

We definitely don't need inside mids, we need outside run in the Shuan Higgins, Andrew Gaff, Josh Kelly mould. Watch his highlights, he has real X factor and incredible hands off the deck and exudes confidence. There is something about him the just looks like he'll be a star.

I watched him 4 times live along with bonar this year he's either gonna be a flanker or an inside mid. That's where he plays his best footy is as I said nice prospect but unless we see him long term as an inside mid we won't pick him.

2013 - James Aish - pick 7
2014 - Peter Wright - pick 8
2016 - Will Brodie - pick 9

The above were all tipped to go pick 1 only months out from the draft. Who slides to pick 7/8 in 2017? My tip: Paddy Dow

Pick 1 - Bris - LDU
Pick 2 - Freo - Cerra
Pick 3 - Carl - Rayner
Pick 4 - North - Stephenson
Pick 5 - Freo - Brayshaw
Pick 6 - Coll - Naughton
Pick 7 - StK - Dow
Pick 8 - StK - Bonar
Pick 9 - WBD - Murphy
Pick 10 - Carl - Constable

Slider: Coffield
(Looks a bit petit, not sure he’s up to finals type footy tbh)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back