List Mgmt. 2017 Draft Discussion (cont in Pt 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bonar glides across the turf like a young but more powerful Nicky Winmar. He's so nice to watch, just makes things look easy. You can easily see him becoming the pick of this whole crop.

Agree 100%

I reckon the most likely outcome is Bonar & Froffield

BONARFIELD

FIELD OF BONARS

Top 3 locked in, will be Rayner, LDU and Dow. Brayshaw to go to North at 4, Fremantle likely take Cerra followed by Collingwood taking Naughton. Stephenson goes at 7 and Coffield or Fogarty 8, whichever one of those we don't take the Dogs will - they have a massive hard on for Coffield.

Top 3 locked in, will be Rayner, LDU and Dow. Brayshaw to go to North at 4, Fremantle likely take Cerra followed by Collingwood taking Naughton. Stephenson goes at 7 and Coffield or Fogarty 8, whichever one of those we don't take the Dogs will - they have a massive hard on for Coffield.
Now that is a good result, for the Bonar fans maybe he will still be there at our next pick.

What if we've decided we're not comfortable with the risk on Stephenson? If we were to take Coffield and Fogarty then that feels pretty underweight in the midfield.

I rate Balta incredibly high. For a kid to be played in the ruck, midfield and then thrown down back and excel has all the traits of someone who will only get better.

Watch some of his highlights through the comp. Honestly think he’ll end up one of the best players through this draft.

Kevin Sheehan seems to be a huge Balta fan too, he's very raw and not played a heap of footy. Some say he's got the highest ceiling of any KP in the draft. There is something about him that looks good but also something a bit like Tommy Walsh where he can get lost on the field but does other stuff that make you see the potential. Crossley in that All Stars game looked like he could impact the ruck from day one and also no slouch at getting in good attacking spots. I reckon he's going to be Shane Mumford in a few years. On potential Crossley is probably at around 16 but he'd be a huge risk there as well. L Fog looks a gun and Ed Richards is very good but tiny. I'd say it's just a really hard to rate draft all in all.
Yeah I would be excited if we got Balta at 34, as I said the other day, because his potential is huge, with that speed, athleticism, versatility and booming kick, etc. Could be anything, maybe even on the wing.

There is a fair bit of talk about queries about his personality, application or whatever, which could be why he won't go earlier.

There were similar whispers about Battle around draft time last year tho (possibly part of the reason he slid to 39) and we picked him up, so we'll see.

If it's...

1 Rayner
2 LDU

Then I think Carlton are a chance to take Cerra at 3.

Meaning...

1 Rayner
2 LDU
3 Cerra
4 Brayshaw

Leaving Freo at 5.

POTENTIALLY they could still pull a swifty here, especially if they already have the best pure midfielder in the draft, in LDU. Perhaps they jump at a Fogarty or a KP.

Leaving the Pies to hopefully take Naughton or another player who is not a midfielder.

Meaning basically... DOW slips to us.

Would we take him?

Dow and Coffield anyone? Dow and Clark/Stephenson a better fit?
Carlton would pick Dow and I reckon Freo will take Cerra unfortunately.

If we use up our top 10 picks on a half back and a forward, I'll be pretty annoyed, we need gun outside mids, don't we?

Agreed we do but you take best available especially in the first round. So if that is D-Fog, De-Fib (Stephenson) or the Coffmeister so be it!

steve could be on the mail there

brisbane did have their meeting today where they locked in pick 1. remember once pick 1 is locked in, clubs tend to lock in pick 2 pretty quick

fremantle would be trying to manage who ever they take due to home sickness, not wanting the surprise they had with balic/his family, so the mail that LDU has already been told, lines up IMO

based on stevo's mail:
Pick 1 Brisbane: Rayner
Pick 2 Dokers: LDU
Pick 3 Cucks: Dow
Pick 4 Tassie: Brayshaw
Pick 5 Dokers: Cerra
Pick 6 Racists: Naughton/Coffield/Stephenson

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dockers any chance to take D-Fib? Norf take Brayshaw & filth take Naughton/D-Fog & we take Cerra?

personally i think they'd be reckless to overlook naughton, but i agree with you, they need to go tall

loading up on two talented victorians in this era is madness. if any one of them gets any good, they'll be back home before they know it

Played 10+ games with Cerra and IMO is the best player I have played with by a fair way. Composure and use of both feet is absolutely elite. Remember him kicking 3 in the 3rd quarter of an APS firsts game out of the mids when he was in year 10 to get us back ahead and into a win.... Would be elated if he slid to us

Played 10+ games with Cerra and IMO is the best player I have played with by a fair way. Composure and use of both feet is absolutely elite. Remember him kicking 3 in the 3rd quarter of an APS firsts game out of the mids when he was in year 10 to get us back ahead and into a win.... Would be elated if he slid to us

can you drop any bombshells, like drug use or him sleeping with an AFL executive to help him slide?

did he swear just that one time?

Talking to one of the Collingwood recruiters prior to trade period and he expressed the fact they were trying to trade one of their established mids because they needed to bring in a Talented KPP.
They feel they have too many general midfielders as is, so I’d be surprised if they didn’t select Naughton as a pairing with Darcy Moore for the future. Risk not taking best available at that pick but even bigger risk if they go into another year with KPP holes on their list

Is this mail out of the Woofers, Nang?

Talking to one of the Collingwood recruiters prior to trade period and he expressed the fact they were trying to trade one of their established mids because they needed to bring in a Talented KPP.
They feel they have too many general midfielders as is, so I’d be surprised if they didn’t select Naughton as a pairing with Darcy Moore for the future. Risk not taking best available at that pick but even bigger risk if they go into another year with KPP holes on their list
Hopefully it's Brander

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back