Review 2017 Free Agency & Trade Period

What type of player do we need most? (Whether mature or rookie age)

• A tall forward

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • An inside midfielder

Votes: 44 24.7%
  • An outside midfielder

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • A half back

Votes: 15 8.4%
  • A small forward

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • A ruckman

Votes: 5 2.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

No mate it was definitely Wayne Carey.

Gretzky said it in the 80's so if Duck also said it he has ripped it off.

Its has also been atributed to Michael Jordan, both of which were before Careys time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Colin Young on Trade Radio saying that discussions re Matera and Wilson have gone smoothly between all parties so far and is confident that the deals will get done (while exhorting Lloyd to not play 'silly buggers' next week).

[edit: what Wally Walpamur said...]
If the deal don't go through blame it on Lloyd ?

Do you mean as in, these deals are done early, 10 days to work on Hogan deal?

I didn't.
More like, he was asked if these deals would get done and he said yes, unless Freo reneged. Why would Freo renege? Because of another bigger trade?

Yeah, I know - it's a stretch.

I assume the Matera deal is one of our lower picks (55-ish?).
Interesting that the Wilson deal is done, because I thought it might depend on other trades (eg Croz). Future second or downgrade of our first?

Did he say that jokingly or seriously?
Normal tone , I think not having second round this year make it harder on Lloyd side . Imagine given up second round and third round pick next year.

I assume the Matera deal is one of our lower picks (55-ish?).
Interesting that the Wilson deal is done, because I thought it might depend on other trades (eg Croz). Future second or downgrade of our first?
Considering GWS don't have a first i'm going to assume it's our 2018 second and it will be up to us to trade back into the second round with whatever we got for Croz, Balic etc. I'm OK with this because i'd rather have our business done early in the piece and not get held up through other complicated trades.

Edit: and why would he say this stuff 'jokingly?' It's player's careers he's managing here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review 2017 Free Agency & Trade Period

Back