Review 2017 Free Agency & Trade Period

What type of player do we need most? (Whether mature or rookie age)

• A tall forward

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • An inside midfielder

Votes: 44 24.7%
  • An outside midfielder

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • A half back

Votes: 15 8.4%
  • A small forward

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • A ruckman

Votes: 5 2.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You would hope a future 2nd for Wilson is where it's at. Any complicated deals would require waiting to see where picks end up after preliminary trades etc.

Would anyone do pick 5 for Wilson and their future 1st?

Even if GWS finish 1st and receive pick 18 it values Wilson at pick 21, which is about bang on value.
Not me. Not sure the points value is relevant unless you have academy or father sons.

The list update takes into account the retirements of Garrick Ibbotson and Zac Dawson, while senior listed players Zac Clarke, Jon Griffin and Sam Collins and rookies Josh Deluca and Matthew Uebergang have been advised that their contracts would not be extended for the 2018 season.

First list update lodged.

Ibbotson and Dawson retired.
Zac Clarke, Griffin, Collins, Deluca and Uebergang have been told their contracts won't be extended.
Collins the real surprise here. Maybe paves the way for Naughton?

Stiff on Collins and Deluca, but Collins didn't do it for me to be honest.

With a backline of Hamling, Pearce, Logue, Johnson and potentially Cox... I'm not sure where he fits in.

Taberner still lives!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stiff on Collins and Deluca, but Collins didn't do it for me to be honest.

With a backline of Hamling, Pearce, Logue, Johnson and potentially Cox... I'm not sure where he fits in.

Taberner still lives!

It's basically been confirmed that Lloyd has offered Taberner a contract by his manager.

Suban's the one that has survived really.

Collins will surely end up elsewhere.

Probably, I'd still be surprised if he ever amounts to anything more than an ok depth player. Am disappointed for Deluca though who I really thought could be something. I know I'd rather Deluca on our list over Sherro.

Collins not surprising but I had hoped they'd seen enough in Uber to warrant an extension.
It's gonna be another big trade and draft period.
Maybe to allow time to do 2x rebuilds in 4 years??

Remove this Banner Ad

Review 2017 Free Agency & Trade Period

Back