Review 2017 Free Agency & Trade Period

What type of player do we need most? (Whether mature or rookie age)

• A tall forward

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • An inside midfielder

Votes: 44 24.7%
  • An outside midfielder

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • A half back

Votes: 15 8.4%
  • A small forward

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • A ruckman

Votes: 5 2.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

So the last couple of trade periods I've gone on about Rhys Stanley. He has been low-key on our radar since he was at Saints (I assume because of Ross). I don't think he has a contract for 2018 onwards. I think Tippett will be going back to Queensland if he does leave Sydney - and I think since Stanley has more years in him he would be more serviceable for us than Tippett. Just a thought, we could get him for nothing and his depth helps.
yeah. He wasn't awful during the finals.

No ones coming over here to not play (although that's exactly what Spencer would do at West Coast). We'd be better off drafting Scott Jones or a similar level state ruck. May night play at all, could play 10-12 games. Doubt whoever it is plays unless Sandilands and Darcy are both not available. Cox, Apeness or Taberner will play 2nd ruck if only one them are injured.

With Griffin also not kept as insurance, I know he struggled a lot this year but he'd likely have been ok playing wafl unless needed, safe to assume we have our eye on a ruckman during the trade period, whether that is Tippet or someone else? Would be nice if it was just faith that Apeness is recovering strongly and could be our 3rd option.

So the last couple of trade periods I've gone on about Rhys Stanley. He has been low-key on our radar since he was at Saints (I assume because of Ross). I don't think he has a contract for 2018 onwards. I think Tippett will be going back to Queensland if he does leave Sydney - and I think since Stanley has more years in him he would be more serviceable for us than Tippett. Just a thought, we could get him for nothing and his depth helps.
Absolute spud. More inconsistent than Kersten, and that's saying something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolute spud. More inconsistent than Kersten, and that's saying something.

He's inconsistent because he's never strung together games and only comes in for injuries. Kersten isn't even real.

Regardless he would still be a handy experienced back-up for Darcy and we would get more games out of him compared to the Tippett alternative. Not saying we must get him, but I'd rather him than Tippett if we are searching for an experienced ruck.

He's inconsistent because he's never strung together games and only comes in for injuries. Kersten isn't even real.

Regardless he would still be a handy experienced back-up for Darcy and we would get more games out of him compared to the Tippett alternative. Not saying we must get him, but I'd rather him than Tippett if we are searching for an experienced ruck.

Ugh, not the "Shane Kersten is a made up figment of of our imagination" conspiracy theory again.

Considering you'd ideally only want to be playing one ruck each game (Darcy or Sandi) I'm pretty fine with just picking up a mature aged guy that could maybe compete late in the draft. No point paying to bring in a Stanley/Nicholls etc just to have them or Darcy sit on the sidelines.

Hawkies mob are in a tizz over something Lloyd said re their club not wanting B Hill last year. hoolie doolie a few words taken out of context create a hurricane

I think up until Monday (hopefully) my constant mood will be;
DisgustingSleepyCanary-max-1mb.gif

There is plenty of truth in your comment, but the way we enter the forward 50 and our almost complete lack of tactics inside 50 also contributes a lot to our scoring woes.
I think the entries are fixable quite quickly. Rejigging with Wilson and Blakely/Weller more midfield.

Tactics in the 50 would also be semi-addressed if that happens, but wow, we desperately need someone drilling them. Hard to expect such a massive change in personnel that we experienced there last season to go smoothly though. Not only the recent losses of Pavlich, Mayne and deBoer, but also the failure of Apeness and Bennell to get on the park in a meaningful way, and Ballantyne's sporadic impact. It would be pretty unrealistic to have any real expectations.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review 2017 Free Agency & Trade Period

Back