Review 2017 Free Agency & Trade Period

What type of player do we need most? (Whether mature or rookie age)

• A tall forward

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • An inside midfielder

Votes: 44 24.7%
  • An outside midfielder

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • A half back

Votes: 15 8.4%
  • A small forward

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • A ruckman

Votes: 5 2.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone reckon we will pull the pin on Liam Ryan?

I haven't followed the WAFL living down south and all, but I watched the Gf and must say I was underwhelmed by his performance especially after all the big wraps

He was easily contained

Yes hope we get him with our fourth or fth

For those who may not have seen tody's latest by Nick Bown AFL trade wrap

"Fremantle and GWS made no progress in their talks on Nathan Wilson over the weekend. The Dockers have offered a future second-round pick for the contracted Giants rebounder on the condition they get a later pick back from the Giants. GWS believes Wilson is worth a late first-round or early second-round selection."

"Fremantle and GWS made no progress in their talks on Nathan Wilson over the weekend. The Dockers have offered a future second-round pick for the contracted Giants rebounder on the condition they get a later pick back from the Giants. GWS believes Wilson is worth a late first-round or early second-round selection."
At least we don't have to give them this years pick 40 as well by the sounds of it. If next years 2nd is the worst we have to give up, I'm ok with it.

GWS can believe whatever they want, but so far they're only dealing with us, and we just don't have those picks.

By christ I detest those campaigners

Good on Bond and co for demanding a pick coming back, considering they were asking for a second + a later pick. Next years second rounder will get it done

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually don't mind Liam Ryan to cover injuries at pick 59 (assume there is no better option at this pick). Freo still need a goal scorer if one of bennell or Matera injured . As for forward pressure just treat it as a poor man version of Menzel.

Have no problem with Liam Ryan going to another club. We still have Nyhuis on our list.
Nyhuis not signed yet . ;) Could be a trade bait to GC for Matera. Don't think GC got a Lock down defender .

Fair warning for anyone venturing onto the draft & trading thread re: Wilson

GWS posters Bokonon and GG will suck you in with their arrogant, self entitled, whiny posts

They honestly think we will part with #5 in the Wilson deal, then they upgrade to #3 with Carlton for the Kennedy trade

They still have the silver spoon shoved firmly down their throat

Fair warning for anyone venturing onto the draft & trading thread re: Wilson

GWS posters Bokonon and GG will suck you in with their arrogant, self entitled, whiny posts

They honestly think we will part with #5 in the Wilson deal, then they upgrade to #3 with Carlton for the Kennedy trade

They still have the silver spoon shoved firmly down their throat
Or up another orifice?

I'd just pick up Ryan, Kelly, Schloithe and Banfield and play them at Peel for the LOLs.
Why not you think pick 50+ get you buddy ,Luke Hodge I will LOL together with you ?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Review 2017 Free Agency & Trade Period

Back