Review 2017 Free Agency & Trade Period

What type of player do we need most? (Whether mature or rookie age)

• A tall forward

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • An inside midfielder

Votes: 44 24.7%
  • An outside midfielder

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • A half back

Votes: 15 8.4%
  • A small forward

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • A ruckman

Votes: 5 2.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Be interesting who wins one first, us or them.

Mate get your money on us. We have our issues but at least the administration of our club is stable. They suck from top to bottom.

Like GWS they struggle to pull a crowd and the Leonora Golf Club probably has more members. They will be a hole in Queensland that the AFL will continue to pour money into.

Mate get your money on us. We have our issues but at least the administration of our club is stable. They suck from top to bottom.

Like GWS they struggle to pull a crowd and the Leonora Golf Club probably has more members. They will be a hole in Queensland that the AFL will continue to pour money into.

Brisbane won 3 in a row with no fans.

I'd be backing us atm too but a lot can happen over 10 years.

We have way more members at the Leonora golf club.

He can't turn down $800,000 a year for five years (+ maybe some extra outside the cap cash from the AFL ambassador program). Good for him!

That puts him in band one (top 5% for players his age) if he were a free agent which would get us pick #6.

He is contracted with ten years or more to play.

Pick #2 is reasonable. Asking for two first round picks is fine as well, but finishing on pick #2 is fine as well.

Perhaps pick #2 and a swap of firsts next year.

Brisbane inherited a lot of Melbourne based Fitzroy supporters. Moving away from the Gold Coast didn't hurt them either.

Between 2001 and 2010 their average attendances at all home and away games was above 29000. Even this year they averaged 21000.

Gold Coast averaged 22000 in 2011 and have been declining to the point where they were down to averaging a bit under 17000 this year. Despite all the talent that has been on their list they haven't built a supporter base.

Sadly the AFL will never admit they f%&%ed this up badly so they'll continue to try and pretend it isn't a complete cluster.

He can't turn down $800,000 a year for five years (+ maybe some extra outside the cap cash from the AFL ambassador program). Good for him!

That puts him in band one (top 5% for players his age) if he were a free agent which would get us pick #6.

He is contracted with ten years or more to play.

Pick #2 is reasonable. Asking for two first round picks is fine as well, but finishing on pick #2 is fine as well.

Perhaps pick #2 and a swap of firsts next year.
Good point. The size of the offer certainly puts a different spin on value. GC can't reasonably argue for a value trade when their offer is so large.

Anyone rather 2 2nd rounders over a straight pick 2?

I mean pick 2 and 5 allows us to really go BANG but 21 and 24 make it easy to get Wilson and keep 5 and have 24 for a reasonable player.

Thoughts.

GC I'd imagine more likely to do 2 2nds too.

I mean pick 2 and 5 allows us to really go BANG but 21 and 24 make it easy to get Wilson and keep 5 and have 24 for a reasonable player.

Thoughts.

If we have 2 and 5 we could get Hogan and maybe something else back.

Thoughts.

Pick 2 is probably Rayner. The kids in the 20's aren't meant to be that good. It's like giving up 1 fyfe to get 2 sheridans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The media are going to town on us asking for a first rounder - pick 2.
Sports FM 91.3 : are laughing with Julian Destoop.
A. Barich - saying Freos outrageous claims for pick 2.
Regardless the club courting him have stated he is worth a pick below 10.
The buyer sets the value to pay and luck to him if the coin that is being muted is anywhere near correct.
I'm all for him going back if we get good value for him, I'd he say his intentions now before we get butt plundered next year for bugger all.
This different to Balic, Weller has given his service and signed a contract last year so we will get his worth as a trade.
Don't begrudge GC in building a list and getting a "local" home.

The media are going to town on us asking for a first rounder - pick 2.
Sports FM 91.3 : are laughing with Julian Destoop.
A. Barich - saying Freos outrageous claims for pick 2.
Regardless the club courting him have stated he is worth a pick below 10.
The buyer sets the value to pay and luck to him if the coin that is being muted is anywhere near correct.
I'm all for him going back if we get good value for him, I'd he say his intentions now before we get butt plundered next year for bugger all.
This different to Balic, Weller has given his service and signed a contract last year so we will get his worth as a trade.
Don't begrudge GC in building a list and getting a "local" home.
The only ones going to town on us are the ones worried about our success in this state

As long as we get well compensated I can't say I'm gutted. No doubt the guy has big upside but he not indispensable. I can't blame him for take the dollars - he's going to make himself a wealthy young man.

I just hope he understands the pressure to perform he's going to be under being on that sort of coin. You don't get paid $800k a year for having potential.

5 + Weller for 2, 11, 37, Wilson & matera;
5 For 9, 24, 29; Weller + 29 for 2, 37, matera; 9, 24 for 11 + Wilson. Values Weller at approx pick 2, but if he was in nd and named gc I think they would use in him rather than other with unknown go-home factor

As long as we get well compensated I can't say I'm gutted. No doubt the guy has big upside but he not indispensable. I can't blame him for take the dollars - he's going to make himself a wealthy young man.

I just hope he understands the pressure to perform he's going to be under being on that sort of coin. You don't get paid $800k a year for having potential.
True, but if you're going to go to a club on big coin and get away with not living up to those expectations, it'd be GC. People are forgotten in GC. (that's if he doesn't live up to them)

Remove this Banner Ad

Review 2017 Free Agency & Trade Period

Back