List Mgmt. 2017 Free Agency & Trading - Part 2 (Take Gibbs talk to the Gibbs thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the case with stringer, it's mainly attitude and family problems, think you have him mixed up with Libba.
I don't believe so...

Do you know the real reason he was kicked out of his house...

JJ turning up to and watching every single game of footy that Stringer's ex plays probably speaks to why things are a bit tense at the kennel.

Yeah I was told he took the package elsewhere when his wife was going through pre natal depression after the birth of their daughter.
Including that she wasn't particularly happy about some if his behaviours around small children.

Including that she wasn't particularly happy about some if his behaviours around small children.
There were several stories in the papers over here no mention of that, in fact they lived under the same roof for 6 months after they'd split up, that would be a strange thing to do if what you say had foundation?

There were several stories in the papers over here no mention of that, in fact they lived under the same roof for 6 months after they'd split up, that would be a strange thing to do if what you say had foundation?
I'm going to be fascinated to see if Stringer can turn things around, because Imo he could quite easily go completely off the rails.

I'm going to be fascinated to see if Stringer can turn things around, because Imo he could quite easily go completely off the rails.
I reckon he can turn things around if he moves interstate and gets away from bad influences and a shitty situation (the majority of which he made for himself). That's not going to happen though.

Yeah I was told he took the package elsewhere when his wife was going through pre natal depression after the birth of their daughter.

I was told something similar

He has two kids however loves to party any weekend that he can and family basically becomes a default priority,
sounds like a real flog of a bloke

Not the case with stringer, it's mainly attitude and family problems, think you have him mixed up with Libba.

I know nothing of his problems. However, I did see him running around at Manuka in a preseason game this year, from a pretty close seat, and he didn't look like a footballer physically. He was very pasty and flabby, unlike all of his teammates.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have heard and read on another online forum that the Western Bulldogs would be interested in parting ways with Luke Dahlhaus, along with Gold Coast moving on Aaron Hall. West Coast might be partying ways with Andrew Gaff also.

These would all be better options then Gibbs and Rockliff!!!

As expected with the Lever Deal, and Charlie Cameron to go home we will have 3-4 1st Rounders to play with.

Thoughts?

I was told something similar

He has two kids however loves to party any weekend that he can and family basically becomes a default priority,
sounds like a real flog of a bloke
This is terrible, but is this unique amongst footballers? I've known a few over the years and they aren't exactly upstanding citizens during their playing days.

Have heard and read on another online forum that the Western Bulldogs would be interested in parting ways with Luke Dahlhaus, along with Gold Coast moving on Aaron Hall. West Coast might be partying ways with Andrew Gaff also.

These would all be better options then Gibbs and Rockliff!!!

As expected with the Lever Deal, and Charlie Cameron to go home we will have 3-4 1st Rounders to play with.

Thoughts?
I would look at Dalhaus. Would he move? Started like a house on fire and looks to have lost his passion a bit. Then again I dont think I could handle Beveridge for too long either. There has been commentary around coaches like Bevo in US College football. They come in , scare the kids wreck the joint and win a Championship, then the players stop listening to the same delivery of the message

I would look at Dalhaus. Would he move? Started like a house on fire and looks to have lost his passion a bit. Then again I dont think I could handle Beveridge for too long either. There has been commentary around coaches like Bevo in US College football. They come in , scare the kids wreck the joint and win a Championship, then the players stop listening to the same delivery of the message
Those guys tend to last a bit longer in college because the roster is consistently turning over and you're never with a guy more than 4 years, especially in basketball. When they go to the NBA and try that it doesn't last long. Larry Brown was an arseh*le like that and lasted 2-3 years most places his went.

Was just watching the Trade Radio launch on AFL website.

Damien Barrett asked Paul Connors(?) if Crows had enquired about Petracca. He said Adelaide really like him as a player, but he sees Petracca playing at Melbourne for his whole career (strong family ties).

Was just watching the Trade Radio launch on AFL website.

Damien Barrett asked Paul Connors(?) if Crows had enquired about Petracca. He said Adelaide really like him as a player, but he sees Petracca playing at Melbourne for his whole career (strong family ties).

Nothing too ground breaking there. Petracca is a massive talent, we'd be mad not to be interested in him. We've got rocks in our heads if we think he's a realistic possibility. The only way we get petracca is if we convince him to come here and that's not going to happen unless he's uncontracted.

You don't trade out talent to bring in talent. The only time talent moves is when it wants to move, or in Stringers case, there's other issues behind the scenes, or its aging and doesn't fit your list profile. Melbourne trading Petracca for Lever is akin to robbing Peter to pay Paul. You also need to convince the player to agree to leave. It will either be 2x firsts, or more likely a 1st, 2nd and fringe player IMO, with perhaps some swapping of picks later in draft.

Has anyone heard anything about Aaron Hall being linked with us?
Oh i've heard it, mainly when i've re-read my own posts! I really like his attribute's, inside/outside player, fast, big, goal kicking, but he would need to learn 2 way running to play in our midfield. From what people have stated that's his biggest deficiency, and the reason a late 2nd would probably do it.

Nothing too ground breaking there. Petracca is a massive talent, we'd be mad not to be interested in him. We've got rocks in our heads if we think he's a realistic possibility. The only way we get petracca is if we convince him to come here and that's not going to happen unless he's uncontracted.

You don't trade out talent to bring in talent. The only time talent moves is when it wants to move, or in Stringers case, there's other issues behind the scenes, or its aging and doesn't fit your list profile. Melbourne trading Petracca for Lever is akin to robbing Peter to pay Paul. You also need to convince the player to agree to leave. It will either be 2x firsts, or more likely a 1st, 2nd and fringe player IMO, with perhaps some swapping of picks later in draft.

Sure but it's great to see that we're having a serious crack.
Hard to see us folding and accepting anything less than what you've suggested.

Pick 10 and Salem I'd be happy with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back