List Mgmt. 2017 GC Draft/Trade Thread/FA - National Draft Pick 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Swans might trade pick 14 for one of your better second rounders and your 2018 second? Pick 14 plus something should get Weller done, no way will you give up pick 2, almost guaranteed to be a gun.

Points only matter to clubs who use picks that get converted to points, that's academy & F/S bids. You need to trade for the pick/s that can get your man. You don't want players nominating you then not getting them over the line. It's what makes Hawks so well regarded, they get nominated, they get the deal done even if they over pay like they did for O'Meara last year.
It took the hawks up until the last day to offer anything close to what we wanted, they spent 2 weeks offering under and even traded away the pick they could have given us.

Trade radio reporting there's some movement in the Ablett trade.
Ablett now happy to give money back to the Suns.
They are saying Pick 35 and Lang for Ablett

I have not been an Ablett basher at all through this. But I was privvy to the reasons of him wanting out earlier than most. Hopefully by him putting his hand into his own pocket to pay us back helps with the hard feelings people have

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeez that's a bit uncomfortable

Isn't the whole situation around cap space rather than the actual cash

Exactly - who gives a shit about actual $$$ - it's about having more cap room to get a better team.

I can only think that what they meant was Ablett will take less than he is contractually entitled to in 2018 to enable Geelong to be able to pay some of Lang's salary to indirectly provide us a refund/salary cap relief for 2018.

Exactly - who gives a shit about actual $$$ - it's about having more cap room to get a better team.

I can only think that what they meant was Ablett will take less than he is contractually entitled to in 2018 to enable Geelong to be able to pay some of Lang's salary to indirectly provide us a refund/salary cap relief for 2018.
Yep spot on, Ablett knows he will make the rest up from old mate frank costa

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2017 GC Draft/Trade Thread/FA - National Draft Pick 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Back