List Mgmt. 2017 GC Draft/Trade Thread/FA - National Draft Pick 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit of risk here, still have to trade for him next year.. he is not a free agent... if we come last then we can get him in the PSD.. but there are a lot of if's but's and maybe's, including Weller breaking up with his missus and wanting to go else where...
indeed. AhChee nom'd us last year, we didnt get the deal done - chose not to nominate us again this year.

Bit of risk here, still have to trade for him next year.. he is not a free agent... if we come last then we can get him in the PSD.. but there are a lot of if's but's and maybe's, including Weller breaking up with his missus and wanting to go else where...

You don’t sell your soul on an if

Howdi gents. General consensus is he is worth between 10 - 15. Seems about right seeing as though he was picked with 13 a few years ago and has not stagnated at his time in Freo. Could be a couple of intangibles with this one: he is contracted, he will be great pr for GC in keeping other young talent, he is a marketer's dream.
Anyway, let's just hope both clubs come out of this smelling like roses and we stick it up the Victorian kooks.

Howdi gents. General consensus is he is worth between 10 - 15. Seems about right seeing as though he was picked with 13 a few years ago and has not stagnated at his time in Freo. Could be a couple of intangibles with this one: he is contracted, he will be great pr for GC in keeping other young talent, he is a marketer's dream.
Anyway, let's just hope both clubs come out of this smelling like roses and we stick it up the Victorian kooks.
Totally agree. I’d say it will be tied in with GWS and Abletts pick 19, Matera and maybe another pick should see it through. Otherwise a pick bundle. Can be all managed correctly and I hope it does get handled correctly.

If it came to the closing minutes, would we miss out on LDU to get him? I hope not. But right now when there is a player of quality asking to cone here, we need to get it done somehow. Not saying he's worth pick 2 but is he worth a downgrade in a shallow draft?

I wouldn’t do it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 2 or your 2018 1st is a very fair trade and I know fair trades. Believe me.

I can't give you either of those 2 picks but here's what I can do, I'll give you Matera, Pick 70 and Jarrod Garletts number.

That way all that happens is you took a two pick downgrade from the 2014 draft and you got matera. Seems fair yeah

Probably get 19 from Geelong for Ablett, we give Freo that and Matera doesn't deal with the salary issue though unless the AFL deal with that behind the scenes like they have in delivering Geelong pick 19

This is pretty much what I see happening, probably a little bit overs but something that is overall fair.

Pick 2 or your 2018 1st is a very fair trade and I know fair trades. Believe me.

Relax-Im-a.jpg

bit strange that one...better for us if you offered those straight to us =21+24 +ltr = 1700 points apx .......13 is only 1200.

But I thought Freemantle didn't care about points?

We have no academy nor father son picks. So you can calculate all this made up points comparison which means nothing to us. Pick 14 with 4 years of development coming into his prime does not equate to pick 11 or 12. Especially when in contract and you've made him a big offer. Pick 2, 2 mid to high 1st rounders or GTFO.

Swans might trade pick 14 for one of your better second rounders and your 2018 second? Pick 14 plus something should get Weller done, no way will you give up pick 2, almost guaranteed to be a gun.

Points only matter to clubs who use picks that get converted to points, that's academy & F/S bids. You need to trade for the pick/s that can get your man. You don't want players nominating you then not getting them over the line. It's what makes Hawks so well regarded, they get nominated, they get the deal done even if they over pay like they did for O'Meara last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2017 GC Draft/Trade Thread/FA - National Draft Pick 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Back