List Mgmt. 2017 GC Draft/Trade Thread/FA - National Draft Pick 19

Remove this Banner Ad

I recon just give pick 2. It's not every day someone wants to go to the suns. Will he give as good a service to your club over the next ten years as the pick 2 ... yes. He's quality, just doooooo it

I recon just give pick 2. It's not every day someone wants to go to the suns. Will he give as good a service to your club over the next ten years as the pick 2 ... yes. He's quality, just doooooo it
I’m sorry but I find this disingenuous coming from club that wants to give us nothing for the greatest player of all time

Yeah thats I'm thinking, well get a decade out of him hopefully, high draft picks are still a gamble, never know how they will pan out.

I'm happy I don't have to make the decision.

Trade Week has consisted of clubs trying to screw us and get a victory, media bias, media saying we should be thankful a player wants to come here and our club struggling to make any decent moves.

By enlarge it feels no different to any other time as a Suns fan

More posturing by Freo
Freo and GC will make it happen.

Freo still need to satisfy GWS for Wilson so the Weller to GC scenario is now crucial for this to occur (unless GWS accepts a swap of future picks which they have already knocked back). Also we have to get Matera in.

This trade really does need to happen, as much as Lloyd would like everyone to think we have control, we have committed to getting Wilson and Matera to the club, and this will help us facilitate that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo still need to satisfy GWS for Wilson so the Weller to GC scenario is now crucial for this to occur (unless GWS accepts a swap of future picks which they have already knocked back). Also we have to get Matera in.

This trade really does need to happen, as much as Lloyd would like everyone to think we have control, we have committed to getting Wilson and Matera to the club, and this will help us facilitate that.
I was just thinking that. Wilson is a still contracted go home as well isn't he?

Exactly what I was thinking. If the Suns get Weller, Lang, Young and Swallow as well as keeping pick 2 and a couple of seconds i will be over the moon

I agree that this should be easy it’s a win win situation if everybody is reasonable, the pic 2. request though is just beyond ridiculous which isn’t helpful in the negotiation process I think you would agree.
Two early second rounders plus Matera allows you to get Wilson plus a spare pick to pick up another quality young kid, not trying to convince you it’s just seems like an obvious trade

Everyone needs to step back and understand where Lachie Weller stands in the AFL landscape

Tom Mitchell - A grade / now Elite - went for pick 12 last year
Hibberd - maybe B / possibly now A grade for 25
Brad Hill - B grade when traded and won B&F for something in the 20s
Harley Bennell - A grade with issues for something in total around pick 20
Prestia - for an A/B grade inside mid for pick 6
Lever - A grade key back for effectively 2 x 1sts in the teens
Caddy - B grader for pick in the 20s
O'Meara - Elite but with injury issues - pick 10 + 23
Saad - B grade - pick in the late 20s

Weller to my mind is a B grade player who could get to an A grade but as an outside player which is not as highly valued as an inside mid or key position

I think the max you can afford to go is 2 x early 2nd rd picks + Matera. If that is not enough to get the deal done at least it shows to Weller that we were serious and we make a play for him next year to come home.

I would be happy to lay a bet that LDU/Dow or Rayner are going to be much better than Weller so no deal with #2 unless we are looking at going backwards.

Yes he is still contracted and has already moved back to WA. In fact has bought a house close to Freo's new facilities.
Thanks for that, do you feel that Freo. management stamping their feet about a contracted player when you have brought in so many in the last few years seems a bit hypocritical? I am not trying to push your buttons I just don’t understand the logic

That goose on trade radio (former Freo player "schnooky" whoever that is) is going hard for pick 2.
That is frankly ludicrous.
Just tell Weller he's got to spend another 7 months in Freo (not the worst thing ever) and you'll have him in the following with this year's no 2 AND next year's number one (sorry you guys are a monty for it) - and the following 5 years should be pretty awesome.

Sell that plan to Lynch today, or trade him to the Pies now for Sidebum and a 2018 top 5 pick, (that the Pies agree to get from somewhere)

Forgive intrusion - our trade week is boring as.
Goodluck

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2017 GC Draft/Trade Thread/FA - National Draft Pick 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Back