2017 Trade and FA thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Just over 24 hours left and so far dosent look like anything will get done. Havent heard any offers for schache and adelaide want too much for cameron.

Last edited:

Just over 24 hours left and so far dosent look like anything will get done. Havent heard any offers for schache and adelaide want too much for cameron.
Sit tight my friend, there is something brewing. Crows are backed into a corner a bit. Won't agree to a Cameron trade until they can say someone is coming in for fear of sending their supporter base into meltdown. Much easier to sell the 'Cameron got us Gibbs' story than 'Cameron got us pick 20 or pick 18'

Sounds now like the Gibbs deal is increasingly likely to get done now which should encourage Crows to let Cameron go.

I’m counting down to the end of this tense period; honestly can’t wait until it is over.

Exciting, isn't it???

:D

Sit tight my friend, there is something brewing. Crows are backed into a corner a bit. Won't agree to a Cameron trade until they can say someone is coming in for fear of sending their supporter base into meltdown. Much easier to sell the 'Cameron got us Gibbs' story than 'Cameron got us pick 20 or pick 18'
We can only hope that's all it is.

For all those saying “it’s just homesickness” just remember that Charlie is indigenous and that may mean a significantly different interpretation needs to be taken.
He's not exactly from a remote indigenous community. He's from Mt Isa, high school boarded in Brisbane. I understand that, as a generalisation, there are cultural differences with indigenous persons, but I don't think that's got a lot to do with this. The way this reads to me, and I am completely aware that I may be way off the mark, is that he's unhappy in Adelaide, and wants to come back to hang with his high school mates in Brisbane. If I'm wrong, I'm happy to accept that, but it looks to me like a standard move home.

Carlton need picks for Kennedy and Lang. Crows desperately need Gibbs. Should be interesting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are people's thoughts for an ideal trade period outcome for us:

For me, it's that:
- Schache stays unless a top 5 pick is offered
- Kennedy gets jack of Carlton and arrives for pick 20.
Cameron an optional - as long as we have been accomodating, we come out the good guys, and he trades here next year.
- Trade 18 and 12 for a pick around 5-7, with a bit of change upgrading our R3 pick. Maybe a swap with Collingwood. (Picks 12, 18 and 43 for 6 and 38)

Even better would be GWS forcing Kennedy to walk after Carlton don't budge, and us picking him up in PSD, use the pick for Cameron instead. Hodge traded for a late pick. Of course, that's even more unlikely than Kennedy changing his mind and moving up here willingly.

What are people's thoughts for an ideal trade period outcome for us:

For me, it's that:
- Schache stays unless a top 5 pick is offered
- Kennedy gets jack of Carlton and arrives for pick 20.
Cameron an optional - as long as we have been accomodating, we come out the good guys, and he trades here next year.
- Trade 18 and 12 for a pick around 5-7, with a bit of change upgrading our R3 pick. Maybe a swap with Collingwood. (Picks 12, 18 and 43 for 6 and 38)

Even better would be GWS forcing Kennedy to walk after Carlton don't budge, and us picking him up in PSD, use the pick for Cameron instead. Hodge traded for a late pick. Of course, that's even more unlikely than Kennedy changing his mind and moving up here willingly.

Assuming Hodge will happen.

Best case scenario for me; 2 top 6 picks, Cameron and points for Ballenden

Cream on the cake would be getting Kennedy, keeping Schache would be a bonus.

Blues are going to be a very strong team in a few years if they land all these players.

They have done seriously well out of GWS. It's been fashionable to bag Carlton the last few years but they'd copped it and quietly built up a stock of talent all around the ground.

Even if many of the kids they've taken don't work out, they've got most positions on the ground covered. Midfield is probably the only area that's shaping as a possible weakness long term.

It's finally all happening because Carlton realise they're unlikely to get Kennedy and Lang without moving Gibbs on. Right now their offer of pick 40 for Kennedy is a joke. What's more the Gibbs conversation will ramp up again next year so they might as well act now and speed up the rebuild by getting in the two above players and a first round pick and whatever else falls there way.

If Gibbs is finally traded you would expect the Crows to trade Cameron to us - hopefully for pick 18 or 20, I don't want us folding and giving 12. Wouldn't be surprised to see the Crows get Francis or Aish in late as well.

Considering that the Lions have been accused of 'Hijacking' a trade late last week. I wouldn't mind hijacking Lachie Weller. Throw em pick 12, and throw him a similar offer to what GCS are. 21 yr old fits that age bracket. Or are there a few reasons why we would not?

Considering that the Lions have been accused of 'Hijacking' a trade late last week. I wouldn't mind hijacking Lachie Weller. Throw em pick 12, and throw him a similar offer to what GCS are. 21 yr old fits that age bracket. Or are there a few reasons why we would not?

I've been thinking this too! Why wouldn't we get involved?

Remove this Banner Ad

2017 Trade and FA thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back