2017 Trade and FA thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Dogs having difficulty moving up the order (regarding their attempts to turn two picks in the 20s into 13)

Think it'll be the same for us. Not really much value in a pick outside the Top 20 this year.

Read in the paper yesterday there are about 8 clubs trying to package together later picks but no takers.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

See what we can do to trade up still, we do still have pick 1. I would look at trading 1, 18 and 20 for 2 top 10 picks and a late 20s pick. If we have Cameron, Hodge and Ballenden coming in, we really only need 2 live draft picks. Id try land those 2 picks as high as i could.

Bet ya there are heaps of good players after pick 20.

Even 'weak' drafts have some decent players to about 25-30, if you know how to pick em. I won't mind taking and 18/20 to the draft still worst case scenario.

Bet ya there are heaps of good players after pick 20.

It's a safe bet because so many picks will be taken after 20. The problem is that a single team doesn't get to take all of those picks...

Pies need forward depth. Can we make this deal happen.

Michael Close, Pick 12, Pick 20 and Pick 43
for
Pick 6 and Pick 38

Use 6 on Stephenson / Cerra / Brayshaw
Use 38 to match Ballenden bid

Our only hope to trade up IMO would be to package up 12 and 18 (2253 points) for one of the Saints picks 7 (1644) or 8 (1551) + their current pick 45.

We take a bit of a hit on the pure points basis but it is more nuanced than that.

I would be happy to come out of draft night with 2 top 10 mids + a slider at 20 (Aiden Bonar:)) if not used for Charlie Cameron + Ballenden.

Our only hope to trade up IMO would be to package up 12 and 18 (2253 points) for one of the Saints picks 7 (1644) or 8 (1551) + their current pick 45.

We take a bit of a hit on the pure points basis but it is more nuanced than that.

I would be happy to come out of draft night with 2 top 10 mids + a slider at 20 (Aiden Bonar:)) if not used for Charlie Cameron + Ballenden.
Ok, hold on everyone.
Adelaide - 10 + 16
Carlton - Gibbs

Then;
Carlton - 16 + some later picks next year
Bris - 18 + 20

Bris - Schache
Carlton - 10

At this point we have 1, 10, 12 and 16

St Kilda - 8 + (don't care at this point)
North - 4 + 24

St Kilda - 4 + 7
Bris - 1

Bris - 12 + 16
Freo - 5 + a second round from GC as part of the Weller trade

We finish with 4,5,7 and 10 with some later picks for Ballenden. Thank you very much and only took me 10mins.

Edit - screw it, I'll also do the draft
4 - Cerra
5 - Brayshaw
7 - Stephenson
10 - Hunter Clark
And Ballenden

ala Mal Michael's move to Essendon.

Nah.

Mal was contracted, initiated the retirement to void his contract, and then walked to the PSD.
Hodge was not contracted (I believe), and the club initiated his retirement. Both of those were different.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah.

Mal was contracted, initiated the retirement to void his contract, and then walked to the PSD.
Hodge was not contracted (I believe), and the club initiated his retirement. Both of those were different.

yeah people constantly refer to Mal Michael as the example while completely forgetting he was actually contracted. The closest equivalent today would be if ablett retired and then entered the draft and got picked up by geelong. Thats what the Mal Michael rule stopped.

If gibbs deal falls over carlton will need to use their future 2nd round to get Kennedy. Still pretty unlikely but not totally beyond the realms of possibility that we swoop in for him.

So apparently we trade for needs and draft for talent. Would have thought as wooden spooners we would probably have some needs.....

Yeah I don't understand why they're deliberately not completing trades. Lever would have been handy, Stringer as well, Dusty would have been great.

Who are 1...2...3....where is A.Bonar and Payne?
Ok, hold on everyone.
Adelaide - 10 + 16
Carlton - Gibbs

Then;
Carlton - 16 + some later picks next year
Bris - 18 + 20

Bris - Schache
Carlton - 10

At this point we have 1, 10, 12 and 16

St Kilda - 8 + (don't care at this point)
North - 4 + 24

St Kilda - 4 + 7
Bris - 1

Bris - 12 + 16
Freo - 5 + a second round from GC as part of the Weller trade

We finish with 4,5,7 and 10 with some later picks for Ballenden. Thank you very much and only took me 10mins.

Edit - screw it, I'll also do the draft
4 - Cerra
5 - Brayshaw
7 - Stephenson
10 - Hunter Clark
And Ballenden

Remove this Banner Ad

2017 Trade and FA thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back