2017 trade/draft thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Le cras at his peak a super star?

I can see Mitch reaching that level.

But bigger and more imposing on the contest.:thumbsu:

Would Le cras be worth a late first rounder?
I agree with what Avishka said i terms of player type however for arguments sake for overall game impact, I'd be picking Lecras in his prime vs Mitch potential.

Yeh we would pay him more than his all Australian brother. Again, clever one you are.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
I didn't write the article most people are referencing and I didn't state those figures. Just making the point

I didn't write the article most people are referencing and I didn't state those figures. Just making the point
More importantly, what have you heard on your end regarding Darling for Ellis Yolman?

Seems to have died down a bit here.

havent heard anything in that regard. Darling is a great player with a lot more value then CEY.
More importantly, what have you heard on your end regarding Darling for Ellis Yolman?

Seems to have died down a bit here.

What would you guys pay for Mitch McGovern. Crows board already starting at a first rounder and fringe player
If he states he wants to come back to WA I think a 2nd rounder and a fringe player OR your McGovern and a pick for one of our senior SA boys, Hurn/Lycett, not saying we will trade them just an example. If he states he wants to come to West Coast you'll need some KY. I'd say a 2nd rounder.

Yes that does say something.

Redden and Wellingham were picks 17 and 18 though.

Really hope we land Mitch, perfect Le cras / Hill replacement.

Who knows how long Kennedy will play for,at least his first 3 years was in Vic and not flying 10,000 km a year. Hopefully he'll last to 32 / 33.

2018 forward 6

Rioli(175) Kennedy(196) Cripps (183)
McGovern (191) Darling (191) ( Venables (185)

Bench: Waterman (192), Lycett / Vardy (200), Redden (190), Partington (181)

Nice spread and the heights are that of the more modern mobile forward line.

Land of the giants no more.:thumbsu::D
Switch Venables to the center and put McGovern there :eek:

If he states he wants to come back to WA I think a 2nd rounder and a fringe player OR your McGovern and a pick for one of our senior SA boys, Hurn/Lycett, not saying we will trade them just an example. If he states he wants to come to West Coast you'll need some KY. I'd say a 2nd rounder.
I say rip them off, send them Masten and that's it. Pyke will know this and do the deal as a patriotic ex-player :)

I agree with what Avishka said i terms of player type however for arguments sake for overall game impact, I'd be picking Lecras in his prime vs Mitch potential.

That wasn't the discussion. Was Le cras a super star or just a very good A grader?

I think Mitch has the potential to match Le cras in out put and the physical attributes to deliver more.

But that call will take 4-5 years at least to be judged.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Easy. Lock him in to replace Masten when we trade him for McGovern....;)
Adelaide need a David McKay replacement once they delist him at the end of the year, so I guess the crows would be chomping at the bits to lure Masten over.

That wasn't the discussion. Was Le cras a super star or just a very good A grader?

I think Mitch has the potential to match Le cras in out put and the physical attributes to deliver more.

But that call will take 4-5 years at least to be judged.
We disagree on this one I suppose.
I don't think he'll be as good as LeCras in his prime.

Lecras as his best was a 50-60 goal small that dominated taller opponents and equally freakish on the ground. People froth over Betts at the moment but lecras was doing the same but was doing it in a shit side while basically playing as a tall somewhat. Injury stalled his career. Gov is good but I don't think he has the ability to push down the ground or is as a true kpf. He would be that x factor sought that would work well with a dominant kpf Or two.

Lecras as his best was a 50-60 goal small that dominated taller opponents and equally freakish on the ground. People froth over Betts at the moment but lecras was doing the same but was doing it in a shit side while basically playing as a tall somewhat. Injury stalled his career. Gov is good but I don't think he has the ability to push down the ground or is as a true kpf. He would be that x factor sought that would work well with a dominant kpf Or two.
Fido was still better.

Screen Shot 2017-02-07 at 10.21.03 PM.png
look at them legs
Screen Shot 2017-02-07 at 10.23.33 PM.png
Mutimer has done what no other young mid in recent times has done and thats put bulk fast. That also applies to snadden. Unfortunately both seem like they have a lot of development left before they can push for afl recall. Both this guys could do ok for EP tho as they probably have the size to physically impose themselves.

I have seen a few comments floating around saying that nelson seems like the type that struggles bulking up but from what i have seen it seems like he has put on some significant gains. He could possibly be the type that could be fully developed by their 5th/6th season.

Screen Shot 2017-02-07 at 10.29.02 PM.png
Bae :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

Vintage post Vishnu. Compelling, and rich.

Personally I'm more interested in their football development, rather than their bulking prowess.

Snadden sounds like he'll have an uphill battle to stay on the list at this point, Mutumer and his thighs will be watched closely for the Royals.

Shuey is just an explosive unit but Dustin Venables is going to be the one to show even more raw power when he fills out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back