2017 trade/draft thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

He won't be at Richmond next year.

We won't be prepared to pay him the money other clubs will offer him and I'm comfortable with that

He won't be at Richmond next year.

We won't be prepared to pay him the money other clubs will offer him and I'm comfortable with that

Agreed 100%

I tend to think high profile / priced free agents tend to carry significant risk. It can put a massive dent into salary cap and there is no guarantee they replicate their best form.

Agreed 100%

I tend to think high profile / priced free agents tend to carry significant risk. It can put a massive dent into salary cap and there is no guarantee they replicate their best form.
Especially when in this case, Martin is purely chasing dollars imo

Sceptical of guys who are playing for the pay cheque - mercenaries aren't the best for team morale

av0yAYd_700b.jpg

What would you guys pay for Mitch McGovern. Crows board already starting at a first rounder and fringe player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What would you guys pay for Mitch McGovern. Crows board already starting at a first rounder and fringe player
it depends. IF Mitch Goes on to have a second year like Jeremy Had in 2015 then that would be justified. As good as Gov jr was last year, he is a surplass to our requirement as we have a few players on our list like him. What we really need is a genuine KPF that can replace kennedy in few years time. At 191cm he ain't that type and there no evidence he can as he has always played as the 4th tall for you guys. Thats why i don't believe in giving up a first rounder (in a draft rumoured to have good tall) and a fringe player (one of the SA boys i assume) at the moment.

My gut instinct is that Mitch will re-sign and he seems to be enjoying it in Adelaide.

I'd give you our first and fringe player, but I'm assuming you are giving back Gov Jr and your first.

it depends. IF Mitch Goes on to have a second year like Jeremy Had in 2015 then that would be justified. As good as Gov jr was last year, he is a surplass to our requirement as we have a few players on our list like him. What we really need is a genuine KPF that can replace kennedy in few years time. At 191cm he ain't that type and there no evidence he can as he has always played as the 4th tall for you guys. Thats why i don't believe in giving up a first rounder (in a draft rumoured to have good tall) and a fringe player (one of the SA boys i assume) at the moment.

My gut instinct is that Mitch will re-sign and he seems to be enjoying it in Adelaide.

Think this nails it. Way to early to be calling for a first plus more, until he shows he will make another step up. Plus a first in next years draft maybe more valuable due to expected draft class.

Adelaide had trouble in the off season landing Gibbs and your board probably have unrealistic views of Jnr Gov's valuation. I understand Gov Jnr is out of contract come season's end while Gibbs had another 3 or so years to run. Out of contract usually sees players valuations drop significantly.

I expect the issue may be more in terms of what will you offer him to re-sign? Your forward line with Tex, Betts, Jenkins and Lynch is already taking up a big share of the salary cap. You have to ask yourself are you paying him like a first round and fringe player or is he still on a lower salary. You cannot expect to land top currency in a trade unless you are paying him accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back