2017 trade/draft thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2nd Rounder + Karpany

While McGovern is a talent he hasn't actually done anything notable

A team would give up a first rounder for Barrass v Mitch.

Good to see Gov Snr adding his 10 cents worth to get little brother to West Coast.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-02-04/brotherly-love-mcgovern-keen-to-lure-sibling-west

Sounds like they are brothers that actually get along well, which isn't always the case. Certainly positive for WCE

Really have to see how he plays this year and where in the pecking order he is for a strong Adelaide forward line.

The form of guys like Lamb and Waterman in the 2s, I think will also impact any decision.

What would you guys pay for Mitch McGovern. Crows board already starting at a first rounder and fringe player

Our first and Karpany / Lamb. Partington possibly but we would ask for a later pick swapif Partington was involved.

Depends on our first obviously but that would likely be 11 + and the year Mitch has. If he steps up another level we'll need a 1st rounder, if he regresses it will slip to a 2nd.

Realistically our first should be fair and reasonable.

Le cras and Hill coming to the end of their careers. Butler also and Priddis and Mitchell on year to year contracts. A fair bit of cap space to be freed up.

Wouldn't be surprised to see either one of MacKenzie or Schofield traded or in MacKenzie's case a FA move.

Gov Jnr was always coing back. Why we took Lamb over him will always be a mystery.
Shit even a useless prick like me was calling out for us to take him.

I reckon we could send Butler to the Crows but I don't know if we have the room in the salary cap to fit all of the Crows best 22 in

Gov Jnr was always coing back. Why we took Lamb over him will always be a mystery.

Sounds like you answered your own question there. Maybe we figured that he would be easy enough to poach later on if he developed into a worthwhile player, but a player like Lamb wouldn't be easily acquirable if he didn't start out with us.

Sounds like you answered your own question there. Maybe we figured that he would be easy enough to poach later on if he developed into a worthwhile player, but a player like Lamb wouldn't be easily acquirable if he didn't start out with us.
Or perhaps, at the time, they just drafted the player that they thought would be better...crazy that a club would use that logic:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe but it's too risky to draft like that.

No way he's worth a first round pick so will be interesting to see how it pans out.

In a draft year reputed to be deep in quality talls, I think we'd be crazy to give up our first for Mitch.
We need a Kennedy replacement...We have plenty of mid sized forwards on our roster.
Give me a sure thing like McGovern with a (hopefully) late first round pick ahead of an unknown that could develop into a Butcher.

McGovern's skill set makes his height somewhat irrelevant.

Or perhaps, at the time, they just drafted the player that they thought would be better...crazy that a club would use that logic:rolleyes:

Agree that's what they did

Pity is, they got it wrong

Give me a sure thing like McGovern with a (hopefully) late first round pick ahead of an unknown that could develop into a Butcher.

McGovern's skill set makes his height somewhat irrelevant.
We wouldn't get a late 1st pick back imo...We'd have to buy out of the 1st round which I wouldn't be willing to do.
He looks a talent but I don't see superstar potential.

We wouldn't get a late 1st pick back imo...We'd have to buy out of the 1st round which I wouldn't be willing to do.
I meant we'd give up a late first rounder - hopefully a late one as it means we'd have had a good 2017. :)

S
A yet to be proven out of contract second year player isn't worth a first rounder and a fringe player. Adelaide supporters actually dumb.
so why would your club offer $500k year for so called player. Club must be pretty dumb

Bit of perspective here. Tom Mitchell was traded for 14 and I think some exchanging of later picks.

Gov Jnr 22 I think. Mitchell 23.

Yes that does say something.

Redden and Wellingham were picks 17 and 18 though.

Really hope we land Mitch, perfect Le cras / Hill replacement.

Who knows how long Kennedy will play for,at least his first 3 years was in Vic and not flying 10,000 km a year. Hopefully he'll last to 32 / 33.

2018 forward 6

Rioli(175) Kennedy(196) Cripps (183)
McGovern (191) Darling (191) ( Venables (185)

Bench: Waterman (192), Lycett / Vardy (200), Redden (190), Partington (181)

Nice spread and the heights are that of the more modern mobile forward line.

Land of the giants no more.:thumbsu::D

one of darling or mcgovern would have to show that they have what it takes to play as a genuine number one tall IMO.

Is Le cras at his peak a super star?

I can see Mitch reaching that level.

But bigger and more imposing on the contest.:thumbsu:

Would Le cras be worth a late first rounder?

Is Le cras at his peak a super star?

I can see Mitch reaching that level.

But bigger and more imposing on the contest.:thumbsu:

Would Le cras be worth a late first rounder?
total different Player IMO. Mitch probably has the traits of probably becoming a second tall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back