2017 trade/draft thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't remember if Dustin Martin is out of contract this season or next but I was told by a high profile Richmond supporter, a regular where I work, who's mates with Chris Newman (now at Hawks) and he was talking to him the other day and Chris said Dusty is 100% gone at the end of his contract. He was pretty pissed off by it too. I brought up the whole thing about staying on the east coast due to his dad but the supporter told me Dusty would go anywhere if the price was right as apparently he's a total mercenary.

Take from that what you will.
Heard he's a 100% gone to the Crows too.

Mitch mcgov to the eagz

Surely it would be Eagles or Crows. Would you leave a good thing to play in the same city as your brother but not the same club, albeit at the club your dad played at or go to the club your brother is at? Family history is one thing, current family is bigger. It's just the same as we being no chance at Brad Hill ever.

Mitch gov is exactly the type of player we don't need unfortunately. No more 2nd/3rd tall forwards please.we really need a Kennedy successor and could be leaving it a bit late to develop one

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Surely it would be Eagles or Crows. Would you leave a good thing to play in the same city as your brother but not the same club, albeit at the club your dad played at or go to the club your brother is at? Family history is one thing, current family is bigger. It's just the same as we being no chance at Brad Hill ever.
He hates us tho. There's a chance he could still go to freo and play for the club his dad did.

He hates us tho. There's a chance he could still go to freo and play for the club his dad did.
I would like to think that professional players are beyond "hating" a club when looking at playing AFL football.

Comes across as childish and immature.

The Hill brothers were Eagles fans, don't underestimate the lure of playing football with your brother.

The Hill brothers were Eagles fans, don't underestimate the lure of playing football with your brother.
Especially if Senior Gov stays down back with Junior forward, they'd get to spend a lot of time training against each other which would have huge appeal for brothers imo.

Mitch gov is exactly the type of player we don't need unfortunately. No more 2nd/3rd tall forwards please.we really need a Kennedy successor and could be leaving it a bit late to develop one

The way I see it we have Darling, Lamb and Waterman that would play a similar role. I would be happy to add Gov Jr to that list but has to be the right price.

Especially if Senior Gov stays down back with Junior forward, they'd get to spend a lot of time training against each other which would have huge appeal for brothers imo.
maybe They could swap end. Gov goes up forward to replace jk and gov jr plays as a third tall.

The way I see it we have Darling, Lamb and Waterman that would play a similar role. I would be happy to add Gov Jr to that list but has to be the right price.
If he continues to improve he won't come cheap.
Also I can't see lamb staying beyond his latest contract.he won't get much of a run this year

Heard he's a 100% gone to the Crows too.
Wasn't mentioned to me other than the fact that Dustin is a mercenary and would take the money and run if Freo chucked a huge offer his way for example. Not that they have, was just used as an example to say that he's not tied to Vic by any means.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't see it happening unless we offloaded another one of our 3rd tall options.

Even if they turn Lamb into a defender (which imo they should) we'd still have Waterman and Darling in the same role.

Would be a total forward line restructure i guess, say Lecras or Hill (more likely) is moved on at the end of the year it could work? That'd be a tall fwd line.

Lamb to the wing. Gov to play mid? You can never have enough quality talent. Darling yeah he has runs on the board, Lamb has played 1 game and Waterman is yet to play. I'd say take Gov and let the rest work itself out.

he had to carry that form or improve on that in 2016 but he completely failed

Quite a few in that category though.

Back on topic - for mine Butlers last year, one of our four taller defenders will be traded (form in 2017 will determine who that is), Petrie gone (for good this time), Jetta/Redden need to step up. Karpany and Lamb will need to show something this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back