List Mgmt. 2017 Trade & FA Targets Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I doubt moving 30 minutes away to another Victorian club would make much difference. He's happy there and WB love him, besides the fact that they would want 2-3 1st round picks and for us to pay all of what's remaining on his current contract. It just wouldn't ever happen.

Not so much about the physical distance, probably more about the stigma over his contract. As you say, they wouldn't want to trade him - but i remember it being mentioned that our recruiters were very keen on him.

I don't think it would be stringer because the doggies wouldn't be difficult about letting him go, they'd be actively seeking out takers I'd imagine. Unless they're valuing him as though he was still playing as he was 18 months ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

West Coast: Duggan, Gaff, Venables
Freo: Tucker, Weller, Langdon, Walters, Balic
Adelaide: Atkins, Sloane, Laird, Cameron, Lever
Port: Amon, meh.
Geelong: Noone
Dogs: Macrae, Stringer, Hunter, Bontempelli
Essendon: Parish, Laverde, Merrett

I wonder if said name is from this list.

I reckon we burnt our arses playing Carlisle out in public. It was good for excitement but made our trading position weaker. Luckily we see to have decided to play in the shadows this time and just do business behind closed doors. If we miss out we also haven't made dicks of ourselves. North look like some knob who offered a married woman a life of luxury and went around telling everyone how she couldn't resist him.....only to have her go back to her husband. If Kelly doesn't come we have only ever enquired.

To be fair to the club once Carlisle nominated us that trade was always going to be subject to a heavy level of scrutiny, and anything to do with Essendon was already a feeding frenzy for journalists. I think the mania surrounding Carlisle really only heightened once Clarkson engaged in some skullduggery and threw Hawthorns hat in to the ring. Then it just went next level when Jakes Essendon mates burnt him on snapbook or which ever.

But just a quick review.

FOX sports reported in March that the club had ruled itself out of the race for Dustin Martin, and reported that we were into Kelly and Fyfe. Then in early June the HUN reported that Jamie Cox had announced we were effectively out of the race for Fyfe. Since then the club has maintained a strong silence on free agency other than to stay on message that we are chasing elite talent. This all seems to tie into the rainbow grenades that TEW drops here every now and then. I don't think any ITK's here have categorically said we are out.

And so hope springs eternal in the St Kilda breast. I have swallowed the Koolaid. And it is mightily sweet. So listen carefully to what I say next so you might also taste the rainbow.

It's happening.

Last edited:
I've mentioned it before, we are into a contracted player west of Melbourne. Things have gone up a notch BUT to get his club to agree to a trade will be close to impossible. It's an interesting situation.

And the club has shut up shop in regards to Kelly. I'm still hearing from non St Kilda people with good contacts that Kelly still slightly more likely to stay than go. I would still be absolutely stunned if he didn't choose St Kilda if he leaves.
Laverde.

Gaff is a very good player.

Stringer is not.

(I reckon the Dogs would be praying that someone will make them an offer. I just hope we don't.)
Stringer is the type we need, speed, X factor, campaigner in him etc

Tell him if he wants to swap jobs and wages im all ears

harden up knuckle down and crack into the 22
Exactly. Plays footy for about 4 times what a kid his age gets for work.

Dont like it get in the real world and get a job.

Doesn't tackle though. campaigner just runs around in circles
isnt that what the saints need though? Dunstan, Steele, Stevens, armitage et.al all tackle great. But they don't stretch opponents with running power. That's what gaff does.

Also. MG liked my post and blacrejacks whom both had gaff in it.
It's happening.

West Coast: Duggan, Gaff, Venables
Freo: Tucker, Weller, Langdon, Walters, Balic
Adelaide: Atkins, Sloane, Laird, Cameron, Lever
Port: Amon, meh.
Geelong: Noone
Dogs: Macrae, Stringer, Hunter, Bontempelli
Essendon: Parish, Laverde, Merrett

I wonder if said name is from this list.

Parish would be a coup

Zerrett even more so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back