List Mgmt. 2017 Trade & FA Targets Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If MG legit then gotta be Sloane. Bloke always keen to come back to Vic. Loved saints. We have lots of $$ to offer. Leadership qualities. Crowd would demand the world to let him go. Would be a great get but crows won't be keen. That's my take. Like the club aiming high though. If happens could involve blues and Gibbs and our picks going everywhere. Still would be a great get.

If MG legit then gotta be Sloane. Bloke always keen to come back to Vic. Loved saints. We have lots of $$ to offer. Leadership qualities. Crowd would demand the world to let him go. Would be a great get but crows won't be keen. That's my take. Like the club aiming high though. If happens could involve blues and Gibbs and our picks going everywhere. Still would be a great get.

Wasn't Sloane OOC a year or so ago? Had his chance

Whenever I feel like a giggle I just head over to the Kelly to North thread on North's board.

Apparently known Roo's supporter Damien Purple Barrett stated that North was out of the running for Kelly. Now we all should know that this is only because he's doing North a solid because they don't want the rest of the league knowing he's going there....

Also, apparently Gresham is a poor man's Simpkin ......

Stringer is the type we need, speed, X factor, campaigner in him etc

He's an interesting one, he's a very good player at his best, but his best seems to not have happened for a long time. He looked on track to be like Ablett senior at one point. Perhaps it's all the rumours at the Dogs have effected his out put or maybe just in a hang over. If you got him cheap it could be a great get or a disaster.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's worth it although I doubt he fits Richo's prerequisites. Quads aren't bulky enough, lacks rump size & has aesthetic physique. I reckon we'll target another Dunstan/Stevens/Steele type.
Hearing we're into Hallahan

Moorabbin Ghost likes this

Id love to get Stringer. His issues are all mental. The family situation is a big distraction so if a team is willing to support him and ride that out they will get 2015 superstar Stringer.

Swap for Tom Hickey and pick 8. We get Stringer and Dogs 2018 first. No idea what next year's draft looks like but the Dogs are begging for a ruckman who can actually win a tap and we can roll the dice on 2016 being a fluke.

If Stringer comes good and the Dogs are middle of the road then we make out like bandits.

Id love to get Stringer. His issues are all mental. The family situation is a big distraction so if a team is willing to support him and ride that out they will get 2015 superstar Stringer.

Swap for Tom Hickey and pick 8. We get Stringer and Dogs 2018 first. No idea what next year's draft looks like but the Dogs are begging for a ruckman who can actually win a tap and we can roll the dice on 2016 being a fluke.

If Stringer comes good and the Dogs are middle of the road then we make out like bandits.
I like it a lot.

Thoughts Keg on legs

Why would they want Hickey then ?

I reckon we burnt our arses playing Carlisle out in public. It was good for excitement but made our trading position weaker. Luckily we see to have decided to play in the shadows this time and just do business behind closed doors. If we miss out we also haven't made dicks of ourselves. North look like some knob who offered a married woman a life of luxury and went around telling everyone how she couldn't resist him.....only to have her go back to her husband. If Kelly doesn't come we have only ever enquired.

Carlisle has been very good for us & Gresh is going to be a star - so to get both for pick 5 is amazing. BUT, the thing that really burns away in my guts is that no matter how good Carlisle & Gresh will be for us - it will never make up for the fact that we could have just grabbed Gresh at pick 5 if we really wanted him. Huge blue that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back