List Mgmt. 2017 Trade & FA Targets Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If it was one Laird, Gaff, Sloane, I'd be quite happy to cough up the two firsts and a player for Kelly and one of the above mentioned. However, unlikely 7 and a player we'd be prepared to trade gets Kelly here.

to be fair on Tom he was pretty much slated to play VFL so for him financially he was better off coming home to Perth and playing WAFL on a decent wage and getting work in Perth to suplement it (surrounded by family) then it was to stay on an AFL list as a full time player for a pretty lowly wage (away from family)...
he is doing pretty alright for himself these days

Good. I'm glad

Doesn't tackle and doesn't kick goals. Eh. Would be extremely disappointed if we gave up a lot for Gaff, which it would take to get him out of West Coast. Literally a poor man's Kelly if ever there were such thing.

They'd want Acres but I'd give them pick 8 & that's it. Turns 26 next year so has plenty of footy left in him. Averaged 29 touches at 75% efficiency. Mild froffage

BUT, the thing that really burns away in my guts is that no matter how good Carlisle & Gresh will be for us - it will never make up for the fact that we could have just grabbed Gresh at pick 5 if we really wanted him. Huge blue that.
b96s7t.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Id love to get Stringer. His issues are all mental. The family situation is a big distraction so if a team is willing to support him and ride that out they will get 2015 superstar Stringer.

Swap for Tom Hickey and pick 8. We get Stringer and Dogs 2018 first. No idea what next year's draft looks like but the Dogs are begging for a ruckman who can actually win a tap and we can roll the dice on 2016 being a fluke.

If Stringer comes good and the Dogs are middle of the road then we make out like bandits.

Why not just do hickey for stringer...

If we don't get Kelly or Whitfield I think we should go to the draft and get the best selections for 7 and 8 and trade someone for Balic , then just hope McCartin , Armitage , Steven have a good season and we get improvement from Dunstan , Steele , Sinclair , Gresham , Billings , Webster , White , Acres , Freeman , Rice , Lonie , Longer , Long , Goddard , Marshall , Battle .

If this occurs we will be in the 8 and we will have 2 young players from the top 10 in the draft

I wouldn't have a clue who we should get , but must get best available

Twomey's top 20
1 - Rayner
2 - Davies-Uniacke
3 - Cerra
4 - Dow
5 - Brander
6 - Stephenson
7 - Fogarty
8 - Higgins

9 - Hayes
10 - Naish
11 - Coffield
12 - Naughton
13 - A. Brayshaw
14 - Hunter Clarke
15 - O'Brien
16 - Constable
17 - Allen
18 - Ballenden
19 - Balta
20 - Garner

As well as the Dockers, Collingwood have enquired about Mav. This was about a fortnight ago.

By the end of this year he looked like someone who needed a fresh start. If he indeed was playing with his ankle NQR then you could at least spread the blame for his lesser output. Not sure how much a club would give for him - I could imagine he'd fit into a Ross-type set-up though.

By the end of this year he looked like someone who needed a fresh start. If he indeed was playing with his ankle NQR then you could at least spread the blame for his lesser output. Not sure how much a club would give for him - I could imagine he'd fit into a Ross-type set-up though.

I said the same thing about Roberton after his 2015 i think after an ankle, took him a while to get over it.

I think a fully fit Mav has a good year next year, gets back to his 2016 self

I'd be okay with our three available firsts for JK and Gaff. It'd be slight overs for one of them depending on how we executed it, but a few here have agreed 7+8 for JK would be acceptable, and ideally if our first was outside the top 10 in 2018 that, I think, would be okay for Gaff.

WC have been bona fide campaigners to deal with though.

I'd be okay with our three available firsts for JK and Gaff. It'd be slight overs for one of them depending on how we executed it, but a few here have agreed 7+8 for JK would be acceptable, and ideally if our first was outside the top 10 in 2018 that, I think, would be okay for Gaff.

WC have been bona fide campaigners to deal with though.

There is talk they are preparing for full scale rebuild with up to 12 changes though. Some are saying they are prepared to pull the trigger and bring in picks through trades this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back