List Mgmt. 2017 Trade Free Agency and List Management Watch Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

My guess is it was all for insurance.
If the Dogs bid 16 on Naish, then we match it with 17 and take 20 and 25 to the draft.
All a bit underwhelming.
Remember thouugh that we got a premiership and pick 15 (turned into picks 20 and 25) for Deledio, who will barely play another game.
Question?
If Dogs pick at 16 and we match with 17 does our pick 20 become lower?
With the discount surely we will have points left over...

Sounds okay to me, three picks are better than two, particularly if they're all of similar value.

Not sure where we stand with Naish. I thought the earlier Geelong trade was to get some points for him but now I'm confused by it.

Holding onto our depth players was a real win of this trade period.

OK, so I don't think I have seen the reigning Premier of a season showing as little interest in improving their list through trading and free agency like Richmond have this year. I also don't think it this is a good thing.

But, the very last trade that we did with the pick swaps gives me a little hope. We now hold 17, 20, 25, 53, 55, 74 and 92 (the latter two are probably used for rookie upgrades of Castagna and Soldo?). Anyway, that is enough picks to pick up a slider, Naish, a tall forward and perhaps some midfield depth.

Additionally, it looks like we haven't lost any of the depth players that we had last year so that is a bonus for me. Let's see what we can get in the draft.

Don't know why some don't think that's a bad deal.

We could get Naish with 25. Remember it's where he gets bid on minus 20% discount.
So we have 17 & 20 for the draft.

Looks more than fine to me
It's a good deal. A smart trade overall.....

Would have been great, and maybe a little wishful, to trade 17 instead of 15, but this deal now secures Naish and we can have a shot at bringing in a tall late in the first round.

Remember, someone always slides. Tigers will be there to catch them.

Hilarious some people are melting over our lack of involvement, FFS we won the Premiership! A bit of tinkering, we don't need to replicate last years trading!

Glad we avoided Schache! I wish we had a crack at Stringer, but overall I am content!

Onto the Draft!!! Bishop !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I guess we must be at the salary cap limit. Schache & Stringer went pretty cheaply & we sat on our hands.

Nope. Good list management. We have a great group of players. Tightknight.

Schache got extremely emotional in our interview with him when asked about his headspace and interviewed with us really poorly.

Stringer stormed out of his interview with us because we were pretty upfront about his offield issues and asked him upfront if he was willing to change.

Dogs better not bid at 16. Although if they do we can match easily now.

So we really didn't think much of this draft after the early teens.

I think there's 2 (tall) targets we like in the draft that we think will be around our mark plus Naish and don't want to go into points deficit next year.

They know exactly what they're doing

3 picks inside 30 should net us Naish and 2 top 30 kids without risk of points deficit.

Not sure why there is so much angst about this trade.

If we had 15 and 17 then picks in the 50s and naish got bidded on at 16 then we use 15 on a kid, 17 on Naish and then peanuts.

Now if Naish get a bidded on at 16 we use 17 to nab him and get two kids at 20 and 25 and then peanuts.

That last pick swap has me confused.
Before that I was happy.
Use pick 15 & 17 on players, ignore Naish if bid before then, if bid after use 3 picks in the 50s to match points and next year's draft we have lost a 3rd rounder instead of sliding our 2nd rounder from points deficit. I was happy with the future swap with Geelong rather than a poor trade for Miles or Lloyd.

Now we have 17, 20, 25, 52, 55. Basically get 3 top 25 players, one of which is presumably Naish but a small chance of his bid being after 25?
Presume the players we are keen on in the draft we would have been reaching for with first round picks.
It's OK, I suppose but can we cancel the earlier Geelong trade & get next year's 3rd back?- don't see the need for our 52 or 55 any more....

I honestly have no idea why people are melting, people just want to trade for the sake of trading. Schache is a pick 2 who had next to no interest by the end of the window and ended up leaving for peanuts, should tell you something. And that picks swap is easily in our favour imo. We just won a flag and have 3 picks in the top 25. Chill out lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2017 Trade Free Agency and List Management Watch Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back