List Mgmt. 2017 Trade & Free Agency Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have Wood....no need for Schache and the upside is still high due to Wood's ability to play up the ground due to his aerobic capacity. His issue is getting more involved and not get injured.

At the start of the year I was really keen on Lynch as a second key forward but as Brown had an astounding year and due to the cost I think I am passing on that now and keep it in the bank for Browns pay upgrade and for Josh. Im relatively happy with the rest of the list. Would be nice to have some more speed and power on the wing/HF who has some experience (Stringer would be ok if at the right cost) but I am willing to put faith in Josh Williams, Mountford and Simpkin (in terms of speed).....I would say Ahern but I am not banking on that.

I also am not a fan of Schache at all. From what I have gathered a poor weak attitude. Don't want players like that at our club.

!!Hypothetical alert!!

Out
North: 4
Geelong: Motlop
Gold Coast: Hall, Abblett

In
North: Hall, Motlop
Geelong: Abblett
Gold Coast: 4

Maybe chuck in a pick for GC or a swap

so much to say so little time

Firstly for your effort, you deserve a clap
tumblr_nftjo2qisT1rwfctbo1_540.gif

and the Magic Trade Dice says

wait for it I feel extremely confident

wait

wait

oh I thought you were in with a big chance,

please, by all means, come back and try again.

Why would he slip to 21 when Richmond have 15 & 16?

It won't happen, and we don't really need him.
If Waite retires and given that McKay and Durdin both look better suited as KPD's, then we absolutely need another key forward. All that's left would be Brown and Daw, with Wood filling that 'tweener role.

Why would he slip to 21 when Richmond have 15 & 16?

It won't happen, and we don't really need him.
It'd be trading for trading sake.

He's talented, but we have one of the best full forwards in the comp and he's only 24. Where else is Schache going to play?

I'm happy to see how Durdin goes as a high mobile CHF with Wood as the third forward and Jack down there as well.

If we are trading players in we have way more pressing needs than Schache.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

If Waite retires and given that McKay and Durdin both look better suited as KPD's, then we absolutely need another key forward. All that's left would be Brown and Daw, with Wood filling that 'tweener role.
Exactly. With McKay's move we aren't as stacked as we'd like to be. Yes durdin played okay there against brisbane but posters forget the coaches wanted him at CHF but he wasn't delivering so they moved him down back. He has performed far better as a defender than he has as a forward.
Schache for pick 21 I'd do
With my trade suggestion it works out that schache is worth ~pick 22

Hall and Motlop might win three clearances combined all season.

Will look good breaking away from packs and kicking goals when we're already 50+ points down midway through the third.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you watch the finals? Motlop was very good in high pressure games.

He showed up in the Sydney game because Sydney were cooked and showed no resistance defensively. Zero defensive pressure applied to him and was left to roam free cause it's well known he has minimal impact. Not to mention he only put in that extra effort, as a response to the disgraceful outing he had the week before.

He showed up in the Sydney game because Sydney were cooked and showed no resistance defensively. Zero defensive pressure applied to him and was left to roam free cause it's well known he has minimal impact. Not to mention he only put in that extra effort, as a response to the disgraceful outing he had the week before.

He actually played ok in the first week of the finals apart from 2 bad turnovers, kicking efficiency was still in the mid 60's%. Played well against the swans and crows. Zero defensive pressure applied to him? Thats not his fault. He has had an average season however his finals series was very good.

This is the way i look at Motlop:

Would he improve our side, answer is yes.

Would he get us to where we need to go, probably not.

Brent Harvey would improve our side but was not part of our strategic direction. A flaky inconsistent albeit talented player who doesn't bring any great leadership or learnings to the group and has probably 3 years, 5 max left based on conditioning wouldn't exactly be my priority signing.

He'd have to interview for the club as a very hungry (ie determination not for KFC twisters) candidate for me to change my mind.

He actually played ok in the first week of the finals apart from 2 bad turnovers, kicking efficiency was still in the mid 60's%. Played well against the swans and crows. Zero defensive pressure applied to him? Thats not his fault. He has had an average season however his finals series was very good.

It wasn't two bad turnovers - it was minimal impact as the designated midfield offensive player. He has no penetration with either his kicking or overlap. You can hit targets and have kicking efficiency in the 80% without actually doing any damage.

He averages 0.7 goal assists a game and goals per game averages in the last four years are 1.0, 1.3, 1.6, 1.0. Atley averages 3.7 I50's per game, to Motlop 3.4. We'd save ourselves a spot on the list and all that coin just by moving Atley up the ground.

Even if he's being signed for creative output and has arguably two of the three best clearances players in the game feeding him, he still puts up meh numbers. Imagine if he comes here with just Cunnington feeding him, while fighting off the whole opposition midfield by himself.

If you're spending north of $600 on a player who does neither, you're just spending for the sake of it.

Priority should be clearances, not another flakey flanker we can all sigh about not being there when the crunch comes.

Respect your opinion and your outlook on things Scoob, but can't get on board this one.

This should pretty much be our recruiting strategy.

Are they a midfielder?

Are the well balanced between defensive and offensive application?

Can they kick and be damaging consistently?

In the case of free agents

Are they elite for their position?

If you answer Yes for 3 out of 4 they are worth targeting. If not move on to the next.

In the case of Steven Motlop:

Is he a midfielder? No. Flaky half forward/wingman

Is he well balanced between defensive and offensive application? No. Front runner

Can they kick and be damaging consistently? No. Kicking Inconsistent and not damaging. Goes missing for long periods.

Is he elite for his position? No, no where near it.

Did he satisfy 3 of the 4 criteria? No. Move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back