List Mgmt. 2017 Trade & Free Agency Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have said it once and i will say it again - it astounds me that we have a multi million dollar war chest and we get no one and Geelong who have nothing to pay players can get a superstar like ablett to take a pay cut to return back to vic and then are in the box seat to get Stringer and Devon Smith - well i"ll be.

Last edited:

i have said it once and i will say it again - it astounds me that we have a multi million dollar war chest and we get no one and Geelong who have nothing to pay players can get a superstar like ablett to take a pay cut to return back to vic and then are in the box seat to get Stringer and Devon Smith - well glory be me.
My guess is they will get Ablett....lose Motlop.....keep Menzel and miss out on one of Stringer/Smith due to Ablett.

No way they have the capacity to get all 3 done. They dont have the trade currency for both Stringer and Smith even.

Ablett is a disgrace. I thought he was unreal but after this year etc my respect for him went out the window. What he did to that club I think is so unprofessional. Just a big self centered sook who is full of shit.

He signed a 3 year extension 2 years ago, and wanted it front loaded. he knew what he was doing. get as much of the cash up front, then gtfo.....

He signed a 3 year extension 2 years ago, and wanted it front loaded. he knew what he was doing. get as much of the cash up front, then gtfo.....
I forgot about that.....that makes it even worse.

But what would you expect with whom his manager is. I think I would spit on Pickering if I ever see him.

Not being a smartass but can anyone explain why we aren't chasing Stringer? Is only 23 is a previous All Australian, is just having a slump in his career like Goldy. Would also be the perfect replacement for Waite.

!!Hypothetical alert!!

Out
North: 4
Geelong: Motlop
Gold Coast: Hall, Abblett

In
North: Hall, Motlop
Geelong: Abblett
Gold Coast: 4

Maybe chuck in a pick for GC or a swap

giphy.gif

+
giphy.gif

=

200w.webp

Not being a smartass but can anyone explain why we aren't chasing Stringer? Is only 23 is a previous All Australian, is just having a slump in his career like Goldy. Would also be the perfect replacement for Waite.
I believe general poor attitude and poor training.
Also suggested there maybe a few off field problems affecting his performance a la Goldy.

I think we have been burnt by too many risky trades in the past and in the middle of a rebuild, adding a player with question marks, could derail our rebuild.

I forgot about that.....that makes it even worse.

But what would you expect with whom his manager is. I think I would spit on Pickering if I ever see him.

imho, pickering needs to be notvallowed to be involved with player managment. most deals u hear with him involved seem dodgy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe general poor attitude and poor training.
Also suggested there maybe a few off field problems affecting his performance a la Goldy.

I think we have been burnt by too many risky trades in the past and in the middle of a rebuild, adding a player with question marks, could derail our rebuild.

Have we met with him? Anyone know?

We got the money and picks ahead of cats or anyone for that matter

imho, pickering needs to be notvallowed to be involved with player managment. most deals u hear with him involved seem dodgy
He only has his own interest at heart. Bit of a difference between Conners and Pickering.

Barrett Brain:

If Stringer to NMFC -> "After missing out on star midfielders North Melbourne get the last thing they need with an erratic burst forward who leaves his club on very poor terms"

If Stringer to any other club -> "After missing out on star midfielders noone at North Melbourne would've been surprised to miss out on yet another elite talent in Jake Stringer who saw his future elsewhere"

The Stringer to North quip is more in line with the facts.

Get his fitness up and he could definitely be a majority of the time midfielder pinch hitting up forward. Has perfect line breaking speed, agility and ability to avoid tackles.

If we're going to consider Stringer from a development perspective then the safer bet is to take one of the kids with pick 4.

Have we met with him? Anyone know?

We got the money and picks ahead of cats or anyone for that matter
Not sure, just got this vibe from reading through this forum and from some articles in the Hun and the Age.

We could well be talking to him but also ensuring we are keeping cards close to our chest and not letting the media latch onto it.
Imagine the headlines if we fail to get Stringer after missing out on JK and Dusty.

Not sure, just got this vibe from reading through this forum and from some articles in the Hun and the Age.

We could well be talking to him but also ensuring we are keeping cards close to our chest and not letting the media latch onto it.
Imagine the headlines if we fail to get Stringer after missing out on JK and Dusty.

Forget the headlines, why would we chase absolute elite midfielders and then opt as a second option for a bloke who is chancy at even being able to play the position? It makes no sense whatsoever, unless we brought him on to the list for a player swap & change. I cannot see any logic in compromising pick 4 for the bloke.

It's more logical for us to consider Dalhaus & Liberatore.

Forget the headlines, why would we chase absolute elite midfielders and then opt as a second option for a bloke who is chancy at even being able to play the position? It makes no sense whatsoever, unless we brought him on to the list for a player swap & change. I cannot see any logic in compromising pick 4 for the bloke.

It's more logical for us to consider Dalhaus & Liberatore.

Because we can’t get anyone elite into our club?

I wouldn’t compromise pick 4 but over pick 20 why not. He can come straight in, get a good preseason and can make a impact straight away

Do you think Pickering forces players to clubs they don't want to be at?

Not sure how he's only interested in himself.
Pickering is only part of a problem. You only need to look at his track record though.

A player manager is not just guy who gets deals done for you. They give you advice over a long period of time and basically mentor you on your career. They have an influence....as to how big of a one depends on the individual.

One example last night......Dusty said his manager (forgotten his name now) is basically family to him. Doesn't get that tag from getting deals done for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back