List Mgmt. 2018 Draft, Free Agency & Trade Hypotheticals thread, Part II: Nothing happened!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If this is true...

There are serious issues at the club, not good at all.

Langdon stays at a club where a number of players have been banned for testing positive to illicit substances over the last few years. Yet it’s the Swans with the issues.

Hard to get a player to move from elsewhere unless they are unsettled.

Harley categorically ruled out May didn’t he?

If nothing else, we are at the same place as West Coast were last year. They finished 8th and brought in no players. Everyone said that they were declining. Improvement from all our sub 23s and some injury luck and we will be crowned champions in 19.

We dont seem to be interested in any GWS players from past experience.
Don’t often see players move to cross town rivals outside of Victoria - can’t think of many no one from crows to port or Freo to west coast of note - riscotellif frm lions to gc ? we know the background to the Mumford story - players maybe find it awkward after what is no doubt said in the dressing room !!

Just ******* annoying and jealous that Richmond, hawks and pies are adding quality and leaving us behind
It's always going to be easier for vic clubs.

I understand cola being removed but there needs to be a retention allowance for the Northern clubs, or for clubs where a much larger proportion than normal of their players are from interstate. Brisbane, Gold Coast and GWS are already essentially feeder clubs and we'll be exactly the same if we ever finish outside the 8 consistently. Same as we were in the early 90s before the retention allowance came in.

It's a joke how easily Hawthorn can pick up players for scraps and yet we have to throw ridiculous offers to players like Langdon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The bigger concern I have, we scored a collective 9goals in the last 2 finals and we are looking to recruit HB Flankers..I get it releases Either Mills or Jones into the middle....but this is hardly addressing our issues
Releasing Jones & Mills into the midfield means our midfield isn't Papley, Robinson and Ronke. Sounds like it's addressing our concerns

What is happening is exactly what the removal of COLA was intended to do. The ability to compete on a dollar for dollar, in real costs, is no longer there. 1.2 mil in SYDNEY is not the same value as 1.2 mil in Vic. The implementation of COLA was to equalise against the go home factor, or stay home factor. It was introduced to help recruit into non football states. The Vic moaning will not be complete until the 4 Northern clubs all miss the eight, or better, finish in the bottom 6. Trying to recruit best 22 players was more doable under COLA, without COLA, we need to go back to what we were known for, that is recruiting second tier A graders and giving them the opportunities they were missing out on.

This period, it appears we are bringing in Naismith, Reid, Mellican and Mills and lost Hanners and Rohan. Our ins create just as much risk as recruiting a Langdon, Scully or Moore, without adding to the amount of dodgy body players on our list.

So, will we be stronger or weaker next year? IMO the biggest hanger we will make to our chances is a new 2019 gameplan that plays to our strngths and does not revert to full defensive when you get 10points in front.

If the game day style of play does not change, we will be in further trouble, and it doesn’t matter who is running out on the park.

Harley categorically ruled out May didn’t he?

If nothing else, we are at the same place as West Coast were last year. They finished 8th and brought in no players. Everyone said that they were declining. Improvement from all our sub 23s and some injury luck and we will be crowned champions in 19.
He did rule out May. But we also thought we were getting Langdon/Moore at the time. I for one am so excited to watch our youngsters flourish. We have some mega talented youngsters atm.

If this is true...

There are serious issues at the club, not good at all.

WTF would it have to do with player morale or culture? Langdon came for a medical, not to hang out with the guys and talk ****. He chose to stay at his club, which by all reports, was his preference all along.

Reading any more into than that is just silly speculation.

Yer who is the 2nd

Rampe can no longer do it

Aliir plays his best as the floating 3rd tall then rebounding

Grundy at 33

You don't need two big key defenders. West coast didn't even have one. Mcgovern plays like Allir.

I would have zero interest in May. Gold coast are going to want a lot for him given they can get Lynch type Free agency compo next year.

Our issues are contested football and mature age help for Franklin forward line. Neither of those have been addressed in the trade period.

You don't need two big key defenders. West coast didn't even have one. Mcgovern plays like Allir.

I would have zero interest in May. Gold coast are going to want a lot for him given they can get Lynch type Free agency compo next year.

Our issues are contested football and mature age help for Franklin forward line. Neither of those have been addressed in the trade period.
Sorry I thought Barrass and Schofield played GF

My bad I must have nfi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back