List Mgmt. 2018 Draft, Free Agency & Trade Hypotheticals thread, Part II: Nothing happened!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So the 194cm Tom Barrass is not as big as the 193cm Steven May? I don’t think you know what your point is!

Barrass and May play nothing like each other. Barrass is an intercepting 3rd defender. May is a big lockdown full back.

The original post which i disagreed with was that the club should be chasing May and poster seemed incredulous that we werent. 'My point' is that we have much greater needs than key defenders.

Rampe is one of the best key defenders in the league. Even Rance would look shaky at times if Richmond conceded the kind of I50 differential that we so often do.

Rampe is a better defender than both of those, and neither of them a big full backs like May.

I don't understand what your point is?!

Schofield is 196cm
Barrass is 194cm
May is 193cm

Edit: beaten to it!

I think IMaowe need 2 pillars like we did in Grundy and ted at there best

Melican 1

Rampe since the talk is ****ed and is only 188cm and giving away frees every week , mov him up to the HBF

Aliir is best playing the floating 3rd tall then rebounding.

That’s why I think we need another KD , May or Homsch like

I think imo we need to pillars like we did in Grundy and ted at there best

Melican

Rampe since the talk is ****** and is only 188cm and giving away frees every week

Aliir is best playing the floating 3rd tall

That’s why I think we need another KD , may or homsch like

You know I’ve been saying this for sometime now against much opposition that feel our midfield is our only major concern.

Freeing up Aliir and Rampe to be more attacking defenders should be a priority for us as it will help our midfield and transition.

I didn’t think Langdon would have really helped us with that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know I’ve been saying this for sometime now against much opposition that feel our midfield is our only major concern.

Freeing up Aliir and Rampe to be more attacking defenders should be a priority for us as it will help our midfield and transition.

I have said that midfield class and depth is a massive issue and with jpk and Jack dropping off it becomes more so
Paps and ronke in there shows me that we desperate at times

Read this tweet earlier today and I finally found it again. Probably nothing but just throwing it out there.

2 days ago this guy said we were still circling a big fish. Cant see us pinching anyone who is still contracted as we have nothing of value to trade now.

So let me get this straight. We heard less than a week ago Moore, Langdon and Goldsack were being forced out of Collingwood because of salary cap pressure. Yet Moore has stayed, Langdon has stayed, they were talking about getting May and now Beams wants in. Either the media have NFI, which is quite possible, or there Collingwood are doing so many underhanded deals that it is laughable. I strongly expect the likes of Langdon and Moore will suddenly have semi regular appearances on 9 or Foxtel with their appearance fees abnormally high.

More to do with May not heading to the Pies than anything else.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I have said that midfield class and depth is a massive issue and with jpk and Jack dropping off it becomes more so
Paps and ronke in there shows me that we desperate at times

I agree with that, definitely need more midfield depth and class.

Having a more self reliant defence however potentially means our mids aren’t burning out having to run back so hard to support. Puts them in better positions for the transition.

Mills and Jones into the mid rotation, possibly Dawson and Clarke as a gut runner. Florent potentially going to another level. Hewett should be ready to take more responsibility and Heeney has another level to go to.

We have a lot of those tools on our list (but perhaps not fully there yet) however we could definitely do with a mid with some acceleration out of congestion and a bit of clsss on the outside. I am hoping Florent can assist there amongst others.

2 days ago this guy said we were still circling a big fish. Cant see us pinching anyone who is still contracted as we have nothing of value to trade now.

I found it pretty amazing that he had the (exact) Hannebery trade tabled the day before (some 17 hours earlier than lodged) the information was released. Gives food for thought.

Didn’t mention them I mentioned this years top 4 and adding quality

Correct you didn't mention the clubs i posted about in my reply. My point refers to disagreeing with the idea that you need to bring in top talent via trade each year otherwise the top 4 will go past you.

Who did Eagles trade in last year? How tough was Collingwood's draw in 2018 compared to what it will be like in 2019?
What impact will the ruck rule changes have in 2019?

I reckon Melbourne will be the team to beat in 2019 with Gawn and Preuss in the middle handing it to outside runners on a platter (especially if Hogan stays put). That and Tigers having Lynch and Riewoldt up forward.

2019 1st and now 2 x 2019 seconds can be utilised.

You trade out your 2019 first, you can't trade out any other of your future picks.

So we would have 1 2019 first & Saints 2019 2nd to use in trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back