List Mgmt. 2018 Draft, Free Agency & Trade Hypotheticals thread, Part II: Nothing happened!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which isn’t so bad, we should definitely be looking at him.

Unless Langdon signed because we cooled on him for someone else. That someone else could be May given the Melbourne angle might have fallen through. Seems unlikely but you never know.
Guarantee we sit pat Mase. Its like the first time a teenage boy looks at a Playboy Magazine. You can only hope !

We actually suck... clearly issues at the club.

Vandemberg, Darcy Moore and now Tom Langdon. All slightly better than average player who likely took less to not play with us.

Disappointing though that we have gone after 3 players in this trade period and only managed to land one of them. There used to be a time when we pretty much always got our trade targets.

I don't believe there ever was a time like that. More likely we don't hear about the other trade targets.

This is where people are so gullible worrying about what we were alleged to being going to pay him. Collingwood have upped the offer to keep and I am telling you it is nowhere 450k let alone the 600 & 6 years the media dribble said we were going to give him. Must say though bit concerning that we talk a good fight when the trade period started and we are going to leave it without a whimper. When I consider things though as much as I don't give a flying **** about Hawthorn they are astute with their planning and know what it takes to get better from year to year. Wingard & Scully FMD !!!! Pick 53 and **** all compared to what he was on at GWS. Proof will be in the pudding but I reckon those responsible overrate what we have on our list and what it will do going forward. How else do you explain James Rose for one still being on ito_O

And to add to that Hawthorn are also now chasing Scrimshaw from Gold Coast which was a previous top 10 draft pick, if they get these 3 deals over the line, it will be hats off to them.

This is where people are so gullible worrying about what we were alleged to being going to pay him. Collingwood have upped the offer to keep and I am telling you it is nowhere 450k let alone the 600 & 6 years the media dribble said we were going to give him. Must say though bit concerning that we talk a good fight when the trade period started and we are going to leave it without a whimper. When I consider things though as much as I don't give a flying **** about Hawthorn they are astute with their planning and know what it takes to get better from year to year. Wingard & Scully FMD !!!! Pick 53 and **** all compared to what he was on at GWS. Proof will be in the pudding but I reckon those responsible overrate what we have on our list and what it will do going forward. How else do you explain James Rose for one still being on ito_O
Look we are at a severe disadvantage compared to to big Vic team. For starters no one wants to leave the Hawks then Clarko can cherry pick who he wants so they can play on the MCG while the Hawk medicos perform miracles on their amputated limbs.

Not convinced how well Langdon would've fit in given the presence of Aliir and Rampe, but still crap our biggest recruit is ******* Ryan Clarke.
Clarke is our only experienced recruit in the past 3 years. We clearly are not focusing on bringing in external talent

We actually suck... clearly issues at the club.

Vandemberg, Darcy Moore and now Tom Langdon. All slightly better than average player who likely took less to not play with us.
Don't know if I agree with this then you mention those 3 perspective signings that we failed to get done and the blokes who's job it is to get those done should have some self reflecting to do. Bad business. They obviously had a plan going in and by trades end they will have **** all to show for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To save everyone I have provided plenty space here for your abuse. Bring it on, I deserve it.

Let me know if you need more space.
You put your orchestra stalls on the line trying to give us something to look forward to. Wasn't accurate no harm done. We'll all still read your posts and alot of the time get as frustrated as **** with them but you put it out there. Good enough for me.

You put your orchestra stalls on the line trying to give us something to look forward to. Wasn't accurate no harm done. We'll all still read your posts and alot of the time get as frustrated as **** with them but you put it out there. Good enough for me.
Argh!
We've been played.
Oh well Blakey sounds promising. Skinny bones & all.

So now we have 600k sitting there? Perhaps we should have paid part of Hanners salary and got a higher pick? I think we thought we had Langdon, hence why we trade hanners yesterday for nothing

So now we have 600k sitting there? Perhaps we should have paid part of Hanners salary and got a higher pick? I think we thought we had Langdon, hence why we trade hanners yesterday for nothing

Perhaps we can ask the AFL to renegotiate Buddy's contract a little to pay him an extra $600,000 in 2019, not decreasing the length of his contract, or the amount, but just changing how much he gets each year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back