List Mgmt. 2018 Draft thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys,

Think your side could use a late pick on Collingwood academy player Atu Bosenavualagi who happens to be cousin to my best mate. Relation to Joffa of your cheer squad so perhaps that's how you came to add him to your Academy program? Anyway...

What a pick up it would be too - Atu was sublime in the back end of the TAC Cup this year and finished the TAC Cup GF on the weekend with 17 touches 3 marks 5 tackles and a goal.

Maybe Knightmare has posted a bit about him already but if you pick him up you have a ripper.

He didn't get an invite to the combine but being your academy player if an oppo club puts in a bid for him at the draft your side has the ability to match it.

Would love to see him get a go at it - the family are all mad Pies supporters (May have seen them in the Hun over the last couple days!) and would be nice to have someone relatively close to me end up making it.

All the best

So do they take it in turns for drafting the state league guys?

Seems like they can just pre-list them? Just hand them a contract and sign on the dotted line...?

Gold Coast will receive access to three mature-age players prior to the draft and extra rookie spots

The Courier-Mail
7 minutes ago

GOLD Coast has revealed the AFL assistance it will receive rather than priority picks.

The Suns will gain pre-draft access to three mature-age players that have previously nominated for the draft or been on an AFL list.

Carlton and Gold Coast were on Monday denied a priority pick by the AFL Commission but the Suns are happy with the result.

Gold Coast CEO Mark Evans said the club was striving to improve its on field and off field player development.

“We wish to thank the AFL Commission for their understanding and support through this process, we feel the Commission have a full understanding of the challenges we have already faced and acted upon, and those challenges that we will be addressing during the next phase of club’s journey,” he told the club website.

f4cb7f37bb7a7d5b46d31e0c7c892f6a

Tim Kelly has been a mature-age success at Geelong.
e3a7db93ee63559618d0f91ff98c2603

Michael Gibbons won his second VFL B&F.
“As part of that we know we need to develop an environment and build a football program that thrives in the future, and our new football department led by Stuart Dew, Jon Haines and Craig Cameron are up for that challenge.

“The competition assistance provided to the club by the AFL Commission presents us with an opportunity to look at more mature players and that’s what we will do.

“The additional category A rookie positions grant us more flexibility with our list as we bring in these mature players.”

MORE TO COME ...

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...s/news-story/ef8d049c5d12fb366659ae528942e933

He doesnt have to sign for them. Could still go to the draft and hope hell get pocked up. Assuming either club would want him hed be mad not to go to either. He may run the risk of being overlooked in the draft 2 years runnin

Brodie grundys brother is a friends barber in Adelaide.. ...apparently a gun player ad well..
Why is there no news on him

Shuuuuush! We gonna rookie him or pick him up late! Keep Grundy happy! Don’t see Grundy ever leaving if his brother joins. He seems the family type.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does yesterdays results change how the Draft team will look at this years draft?
I don’t think so, as they would have a very good idea on where the list sits. I guess it’s now what they do with our first pick

I don’t think so, as they would have a very good idea on where the list sits. I guess it’s now what they do with our first pick

Anything be Changed be during the FA/Trade Period

Whatever you do, don't tell Knightmare about this...

Haha of course his manager had to come out and say this because if it’s true, he’ll be up for draft tampering

See, this where Brodie had it down pat. Don't tank the interview. Embrace it. You're the most important person in the room. Work it. GWS interviewed Grundy in his draft year at the combine. Brodie asked them why he would want to go to a club that was only one year old. Some will interpret that as the mark of a driven uber professional. Others will take it as a sign of a free-thinking individual who won't be lobotomised and run for the hills accordingly.

Kids these days. Learn the art of subtlety, young Jack...

Whatever you do, don't tell Knightmare about this...
He likes him.

Good reason.

As long as he leaves Sier for me I’m
Ok :)

See, this where Brodie had it down pat. Don't tank the interview. Embrace it. You're the most important person in the room. Work it. GWS interviewed Grundy in his draft year at the combine. Brodie asked them why he would want to go to a club that was only one year old. Some will interpret that as the mark of a driven uber professional. Others will take it as a sign of a free-thinking individual who won't be lobotomised and run for the hills accordingly.

Kids these days. Learn the art of subtlety, young Jack...

You seem to know about all of Grundy's Interviews MagpieBat ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2018 Draft thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back