List Mgmt. 2018 Draft thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade our first for someone good. Take Quaynor, Kelly and Bosenavualagi as our academy and father/son picks. Rookie Bugg and a key position talent from the VFL, SANFL, WAFL. Some Hine/Rendell specials please.

Brodie grundys brother is a friends barber in Adelaide.. ...apparently a gun player ad well..
Why is there no news on him
He’ll be taken by an Adelaide club hoping to use him as bait to lure Grundy home.

He’ll be taken by an Adelaide club hoping to use him as bait to lure Grundy home.
Is Grundy little brother any good

I think he’s regarded as a mid-late draft prospect. Plays KPD iirc, around 196cm.

Stop acting like you know everything, you child.
Childish response from a childish suggestion. Log off and chill out bud.

Childish response from a childish suggestion. Log off and chill out bud.
All your responses are childish. Perhaps you should take your own advice, because you’re the angriest little poster on this board. As an aside, do you think that Brisbane recruited Claye Beams because he was such a fantastic player? Clubs do actually recruit strategically in these situations. Take a look at what Brisbane did to entice Neale this year.

Love to know what our chances are of picking up Riley Grundy, will he slide to the rookie draft or will we have to risk losing a higher prospect. Not over a lot of the draft stuff but have seen some clips of him in the last few days and the sentimentalist in me would love to see him head our way.

Love to know what our chances are of picking up Riley Grundy, will he slide to the rookie draft or will we have to risk losing a higher prospect. Not over a lot of the draft stuff but have seen some clips of him in the last few days and the sentimentalist in me would love to see him head our way.
Apparently this draft is pretty heavy with SA talent. It's the reason Adelaide and Port are trying to work their way up the draft order. Makes me think we don't have a great shot.

Knightmare is it worth taking Riley Grundy at pick 18 (our first pick)?

Think getting Riley night easy contract negotiations with Brodie. He also fits a need. Who knows, might even turn into a forward.

Definitely not. He's in the mix to get picked at some point in the draft, but not in the first half I wouldn't have thought.

I'm not sure I'd take him as a rookie. He's fine athletically, his build is fine. He just doesn't intercept/rebound enough to be a player of interest.

If I'm to recommend a KPP from the junior ranks. My strong preference outside of those first round prospects is Noah Gown. Strong 1v1, attacks the ball aerially for marks, reads it in flight masterfully. Had a huge second half of the year leading the TAC Cup with 21 goals and 19 contested marks from his last seven games. He has the attributes to play back with the way he reads it. As he was only invited to the state combine, I'm not sure where he gets picked. But he's for mine worth a first round pick. He's the one KPP no one is talking about but should.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely not. He's in the mix to get picked at some point in the draft, but not in the first half I wouldn't have thought.

I'm not sure I'd take him as a rookie. He's fine athletically, his build is fine. He just doesn't intercept/rebound enough to be a player of interest.

If I'm to recommend a KPP from the junior ranks. My strong preference outside of those first round prospects is Noah Gown. Strong 1v1, attacks the ball aerially for marks, reads it in flight masterfully. Had a huge second half of the year leading the TAC Cup with 21 goals and 19 contested marks from his last seven games. He has the attributes to play back with the way he reads it. As he was only invited to the state combine, I'm not sure where he gets picked. But he's for mine worth a first round pick. He's the one KPP no one is talking about but should.
KM who do u have us taking with our first pick of you disregard Quaynor and Kelly?

Buckley's chance. For starters we shouldn't pick him up for his own sake, nothing can be gained by drafting a brother of a gun. Dayne and Claye Beams is a prime example of this sentiment, Dayne is a superstar and Claye was always going to struggle to break through in the same side. Secondly, he doesn't fit the list need in the future, we already have Cox and Max Lynch developing as a back up ruck.

Darcy Moore can play a bit and as a tall athletic big man, he's got the ability to match it against Kennedy/Darling if he can string games together.

KM who do u have us taking with our first pick of you disregard Quaynor and Kelly?

I would strongly advise against matching bids in the first round on either. There are better prospects in this draft. I feel like I could find better prospects in the third round. Not that the depth is necessarily amazing, but there are numerous underrated prospects this year who I feel like the pros have got completely wrong.

From the state combine list in no particular order: Mathew Walker (GWS Academy - powerful marking utility who can take over games. for mine worth a mid draft pick, and if available late/rookie is a bargain with big time scope to develop), Martin Frederick (Port Academy - unclear if drafted but he's worth a mid-late draft pick with his acceleration with ball in hand among the best in the draft and he's a clean one touch player. For mine, highly developable), Nathan Kreuger (athletic overage key forward - has improved a lot in the SANFL as an athletic freak who is terrific at ground level but also can take a grab. solid numbers for an overager and on the improve which is key. worth a mid-late draft pick), Sam Fletcher (one of the best tall ball winning mids in the draft. worth a second round pick but could be there late), Noah Gown (the best KPP after Lukosius and the King boys for mine. I wouldn't hesitate taking him with the Pies first round choice if there is any doubt he won't be available later, if there is any chance he is available in the third round, I'd use the pick on Gown ahead of Quaynor), Brayden Ham (seriously good overage fwd/mid who does a lot of damage. worth a mid draft pick but if available late/rookie represents value), Sam Sturt (I have him going first round and after his close to the season I expect clubs will also, or top 30 at the very least), Mitch Podhajski (perhaps the best overager in the draft. 191cm mid who is a big time ball winner and goes forward, takes grabs and kicks multiple goals each game. worth a second round pick but could be there late/rookie), Jack Ross (seriously good ball winning mid with good skills. worth a pick mid draft and could be available late), Daniel Hanna (Ess Academy - somehow only able to get to the rookie me combine - after those first round KPPs and Gown he's for mine that next most appealing key defender. A contested marking beast who intercepts everything and is capable 1v1. Would love him late or even better as a rookie if Essendon don't even want him).

And that's before getting to state leaguers, many of whom haven't received invites to any of the combines - top of mind - Mitch Maguire, Mitch Grigg, Haiden Schloithe and Jye Bolton to name a handful.

Hey guys,

Think your side could use a late pick on Collingwood academy player Atu Bosenavualagi who happens to be cousin to my best mate. Relation to Joffa of your cheer squad so perhaps that's how you came to add him to your Academy program? Anyway...

What a pick up it would be too - Atu was sublime in the back end of the TAC Cup this year and finished the TAC Cup GF on the weekend with 17 touches 3 marks 5 tackles and a goal.

Maybe Knightmare has posted a bit about him already but if you pick him up you have a ripper.

He didn't get an invite to the combine but being your academy player if an oppo club puts in a bid for him at the draft your side has the ability to match it.

Would love to see him get a go at it - the family are all mad Pies supporters (May have seen them in the Hun over the last couple days!) and would be nice to have someone relatively close to me end up making it.

All the best
There has been talk about him, I think they call him R2.

Atu Bosenavualagi

The Collingwood Next Generation Academy prospect is giving clubs plenty to think about. He is one of the big improvers in the competition and his AFL attributes are becoming more obvious by the week. He set the early pressure intensity for Oakleigh, making himself known without the ball and being physical towards his opponents. Although it is his attacking play that has really come on in recent weeks. A subtle side step out of traffic to create a goal for Williams gave Oakleigh an early lead late in the first term, while he took a clever mark from behind his opponent later in the first half. In the third term he burned off an opponent to give his side a genuine spark by kicking a bounce and carry goal. He is lively and if he wins 17 disposals like he did on Saturday, he will more than likely have an impact.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2018 Draft thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back