List Mgmt. 2018 Draft thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry to bring a negative, but I still cant believe we don't have a 2nd round pick in this super draft.

Sam Murray, AKA wiggle, will want to be a very good player.

Complete Stupidty

0% Chance of Getting Lynch as a Free Agent
We have as good chance as any, if Gold Coast cannot make the deal.
But as a club we should not be totally reliant on Tom coming to us

We have as good chance as any, if Gold Coast cannot make the deal.
But as a club we should not be totally reliant on Tom coming to us

AFL will make sure the Suns will be able to match ANY Offer

AFL will make sure the Suns will be able to match ANY Offer
Yes dave they will be able to match, but that does not mean he will stay.
If there is no improvement, they will be very lucky to keep him.
Still it Gold Coast favour at the moment.

Yes dave they will be able to match, but that does not mean he will stay.
If there is no improvement, they will be very lucky to keep him.
Still it Gold Coast favour at the moment.

Then we have to Trade and at Minimum it be 2 1st Round Draft Picks and Probably something Else

Then we have to Trade and at Minimum it be 2 1st Round Draft Picks and Probably something Else
Yep, that’s my guess on it to. If it is the case then l don’t know if he is worth that much cause l believe that is the minimum that they will ask for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, that’s my guess on it to. If it is the case then l don’t know if he is worth that much cause l believe that is the minimum that they will ask for.

Agree. I don't like Throwing the Kitchen Sink at Lynch as that could even send us Backwards.

Hate to Trade to 2 1st Rounders when we only have had 1 1st Round Pick in 3 Years

Agree. I don't like Throwing the Kitchen Sink at Lynch as that could even send us Backwards.

Hate to Trade to 2 1st Rounders when we only have had 1 1st Round Pick in 3 Years
If it were any other year I wouldn't mind it but at this stage 2018 looks to be the draft of the decade, probably even further back than that. If we're being realistic I think our first rounder + 2019 2nd rounder would get us a pick that will be in the range of the King twins or Bailey Williams, which give us 6+ more years than Lynch

I'd rather throw the kitchen sink at Lukosious/ Max King, to go on top of Quaynor, Kelly and Holt-Fritz than set ourselves behind once more by trading 2 first rounders

Throwing the kitchen sink at that pair is going to set us back as much as giving up 2 first round picks for Lynch. Assuming Lukosious is the consensus number 1, how do you propose we get that pick without giving up an absolute shitload? I am basing that on the assumption that we finish somewhere around mid-table. I certainly don't want to be in a postion to be able to draft either of them straight up. That would mean 2018 is a disaster.

Throwing the kitchen sink at that pair is going to set us back as much as giving up 2 first round picks for Lynch. Assuming Lukosious is the consensus number 1, how do you propose we get that pick without giving up an absolute shitload? I am basing that on the assumption that we finish somewhere around mid-table. I certainly don't want to be in a postion to be able to draft either of them straight up. That would mean 2018 is a disaster.
Assuming that we finish somewhere that gets us pick 8-12 I think that pick + a 2019 2nd would get us the pick we need which would just be pick 4 or 5, could probably get a 3rd or 4th coming the other way. Rankine seems to be consensus pick 1 amongst bishop, knightmare and the like, then lukosious, rozee and hill seem to be the other ones considered contenders, assuming nothing changes pick 4 or 5 would net us a King. I'd be just as happy keeping the pick for Williams but I think any pick outside of the top 10 might be needed for Quaynor, he seems to be under rated at the moment thankfully bit cant see that lasting for long

If it were any other year I wouldn't mind it but at this stage 2018 looks to be the draft of the decade, probably even further back than that. If we're being realistic I think our first rounder + 2019 2nd rounder would get us a pick that will be in the range of the King twins or Bailey Williams, which give us 6+ more years than Lynch

Depends where we Finish 1st

Assuming that we finish somewhere that gets us pick 8-12 I think that pick + a 2019 2nd would get us the pick we need which would just be pick 4 or 5, could probably get a 3rd or 4th coming the other way. Rankine seems to be consensus pick 1 amongst bishop, knightmare and the like, then lukosious, rozee and hill seem to be the other ones considered contenders, assuming nothing changes pick 4 or 5 would net us a King. I'd be just as happy keeping the pick for Williams but I think any pick outside of the top 10 might be needed for Quaynor, he seems to be under rated at the moment thankfully bit cant see that lasting for long

But why would a Team Trade Down in a Super Draft?

I just cant see the Suns not matching. Tom isnt the sort of kid who is going to go in stomping his feet. I would work on the assumption we are goign to have to trade for him (and pay big time) and if that's the case I think you have to look at the kid Lukosius albeit the problem there is at this stage you would need one of the top 2-3 picks to be even a chance.

Its reasonable to assume we end up with neither.

Re Quaynor, LHF and Kelly I wouldnt be to worried about the price just yet as dont have any of them in my top 30-35.

I just cant see the Suns not matching. Tom isnt the sort of kid who is going to go in stomping his feet. I would work on the assumption we are goign to have to trade for him (and pay big time) and if that's the case I think you have to look at the kid Lukosius albeit the problem there is at this stage you would need one of the top 2-3 picks to be even a chance.

Its reasonable to assume we end up with neither.

Re Quaynor, LHF and Kelly I wouldnt be to worried about the price just yet as dont have any of them in my top 30-35.
Again depends where we finish. Most likely the contract would be 1.2-1.3 mil a year which would net GCS band 1, so likely a top 5 pick which is much better than they'd get through a trade you'd assume, since we should be finishing 10-6 on the ladder

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2018 Draft thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back