Mod. Notice 2018 finals ticketing - update (10/9): semi-final member tix on sale now (AFL members tomorrow)

Remove this Banner Ad

Me every time I get timed out after having got through the 2 online queues, finally selecting tickets only to have the website stall:

VbtE.gif

At least the clubs have let supporters know - Ticketek couldn't be ****** communicating.
They just keep saying “there is high demand. Thanks for your patience.”

****ing campaigners

They just keep saying “there is high demand. Thanks for your patience.”

******* campaigners

If I eventually get tickets then I will be asking them for a refund of the processing fee. I am not paying for this batshit system having ****ed me over all morning.

If I eventually get tickets then I will be asking them for a refund of the processing fee. I am not paying for this batshit system having ****** me over all morning.
Yep we need to pressure AFL into forcing refund of all fees.
Money is the only thing that talks these days.

Have been on for 2.5 hours. Have 5 memberships. Once I got to enter everything but they then spent 10 minutes timing me out. No tickets. Kids disappointed. Have to give up now and get back to work.

What is the point of buying memberships if I essentially cannot buy finals tickets?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am so angry and honestly 12 months to get this right - I got on ordered my tickets and then bang froze up

It happens every year, although this year is particularly bad.

They don't care. They will still make a fortune.

so silly to put 3 games onsale at the same time

Richmond v Hawthorn was always going to crash the site, but no reason to inconvenience supporters of the other 4 clubs this morning

Common sense suggests staggering the onsale time for each match

Ticketek are now tweeting responses to people saying:

"Today's competing club member on-sale is on hold. More information to come shortly."

It then says thanks for your patience - but that is just taking the piss. I have zero patience for you leach-campaigners - no need to thank me.

Once more, the Hawks will feature in the finals campaign, starting off with a qualifying final against the Tigers on 6 September 2018.

As usual, should Hawthorn compete in the grand final, under Victorian legislation, the grand final is a designated event for the anti-scalping legislation. This means that any offers to sell grand final tickets at above face value will be deleted and the poster carded. Cute attempts to get around this (eg., "I'll sell you a can of coke at $300 and I'll give you a grand final ticket for free") will be deleted and the poster will be carded.

Can't see a problem with this, the AFL were doing this to Sydney for years. In their case it was "We'll give you some cola AND guarantee you a finals ticket"

It's doing this for Geelong vs Melbourne too. There's 0% chance this match sold out either

Yeah what can we do, except for keep trying. They will asked for a feedback, I'll definitely put -10 on the easiness of purchasing the ticket. No stress test, no load impact and performance testing hiks so sad.

Mod. Notice 2018 finals ticketing - update (10/9): semi-final member tix on sale now (AFL members tomorrow)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back