Mod. Notice 2018 finals ticketing - update (10/9): semi-final member tix on sale now (AFL members tomorrow)

Remove this Banner Ad

I already choose any available seat and still got this message:( .
Any advice?
View attachment 550697

I had the same message even though I was only after the 1 ticket. There’s still plenty of good seating available and it’s definitely not sold out. Just keep on trying.

I have been waiting to get access to the site, and now I get this again as well.

What’s the definition of insanity?

But at least we're all in this together :D.

I had the same message even though I was only after the 1 ticket. There are still plenty of good seating available and it’s definitely not sold out. Just keep on trying.

And now the site is crashed.

Screenshot_20180828-113653_Samsung Internet.jpg

From SEN a moment ago:

- Sales suspended until new club member time is confirmed
- Tickets already purchased are valid (thank f**k for that)
- Club member tickets not allocated will not be sold to gen admin until the new club member priority period is over

They’re wa*kers but that’s helpful info.

I'm giving up for a while.
MCG twitter says maybe hours and will update as soon as they know more.

I think they may shut it down completely, announce a new time once it's fixed, then reopen it. That's the only real option now - too many people have been fcked around. You can't just have it magically start working at a random time like last year Tigers QF AFL Member sale period.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm giving up for a while.
MCG twitter says maybe hours and will update as soon as they know more.

I think they may shut it down completely, announce a new time once it's fixed, then reopen it. That's the only real option now - too many people have been fcked around. You can't just have it magically start working at a random time like last year Tigers QF AFL Member sale period.

It wasn't this bad for the 2016 QF if I remember it correctly. Hopefully they'll fixed the system now.

Screenshot_20180828-115259_Twitter.jpg

The MCG and clubs keep apologising for something that isn't their fault. Maybe Ticketek would like to apologise and waive transaction fees for all games and refund those already charged? The lack of ownership by Ticketek is ****ing disgraceful. This is why duopolies are bad news for consumers.

Gil should be ice-picked for this.

This is entirely on him. What sort of utter, utter f**kwit allows all games to go on sale at once? It's not as though Ticketek have a great track record of outstanding customer service.

The MCG and clubs keep apologising for something that isn't their fault. Maybe Ticketek would like to apologise and waive transaction fees for all games and refund those already charged? The lack of ownership by Ticketek is ******* disgraceful. This is why duopolies are bad news for consumers.
MCC run the ground though and have the contract with Ticketek. They have to take some of the responsibility - it happens every year. They should have put performance clauses in the contract, fcuk up like this = no fees for this week and next week

Would be interesting to know how many man hours Ticketek have been responsible for burning today. I can categorically tell you I have not done one minute of worthwhile employment.

I have been somewhat productive because I have dual monitors.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back