2018 Midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wow... the GOATs yearly averages are insane!

upload_2018-2-21_23-52-32.png

Is that enough to entice anyone? Can't see that average dropping at Geelong.

Edit: one slight downside is you most likely will never be able to VC him with Danger in your team (which will hurt when he inevitably scores that 200)

Last edited:

View attachment 462219

Edit: one slight downside is you most likely will never be able to VC him with Danger in your team.

Hard to argue with the averages but many will be scared off by the number of games played. Great point regarding the VC

View attachment 462219

Edit: one slight downside is you most likely will never be able to VC him with Danger in your team.
How can people be aware of Gary Ablett's near guaranteed 114 weekly average, but also believe that Danger can go 130+? Then you've got the Selwood and Menenenenegola crews.

There's only so many points to go around :think::think::think::think:

How can people be aware of Gary Ablett's near guaranteed 114 weekly average, but also believe that Danger can go 130+? Then you've got the Selwood and Menenenenegola crews.

I reckon Danger's average goes down slightly and probably ends up similar to Gaz (120-125)

Hard to argue with the averages but many will be scared off by the number of games played. Great point regarding the VC
Number of games is certainly worrying, but I do query whether GC put him on ice early because they knew he was leaving.

Currently tossing up between Gaz, Sloane & Neale for my final midfield spot. It was previously occupied by Cripps, but not convinced he will be a top 10 mid come years end.
GaJ: massive ceiling, will probably average the most but play the least games.
Sloane: 6/9 games to open season are played at Adelaide oval. If he gets the confidence to break the tag could go mental and a good pod. Think Adel will come out firing as well after the disappointment in the GF.
Neale: Mr consistent.

Disclaimer: other mids are Danger, Dusty, Titch, Kelly & Fyfe.

During Ablett's career at Geelong first time around (2006 - 2010):

Ablett:
upload_2018-2-22_0-7-58.png

Bartel:
upload_2018-2-22_0-8-28.png

Selwood:
upload_2018-2-22_0-8-57.png

I'm sure players like Enright, Kelly, Joel Corey etc. did well during that period as well.
No reason history can't repeat itself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Number of games is certainly worrying, but I do query whether GC put him on ice early because they knew he was leaving.

Currently tossing up between Gaz, Sloane & Neale for my final midfield spot. It was previously occupied by Cripps, but not convinced he will be a top 10 mid come years end.
GaJ: massive ceiling, will probably average the most but play the least games.
Sloane: 6/9 games to open season are played at Adelaide oval. If he gets the confidence to break the tag could go mental and a good pod. Think Adel will come out firing as well after the disappointment in the GF.
Neale: Mr consistent.

Disclaimer: other mids are Danger, Dusty, Titch, Kelly & Fyfe.

Pretty solid mids there.

Big fan of Sloane's early form, plus he's in his prime as an athlete. Whether he gets tagged and how the midfield works with Gibbs in the side will be a wait and see job, and some of the Crows boys on here would have more idea than I do.

I also have Neale and would prefer him to Fyfe. I don't know how much Fyfe will score when he plays forward plus he's had a few injuries over the years. Neale is a full time mid, racks up a lot of ball, bit more durable and consistent like you said.

Would also rather Cripps ahead of Kelly - cheaper for similar (if not higher) output, bit more experienced and a better history of scoring. He's a contested pig which suits the scoring system. No one apart from Murphy to take the points in the Blues' midfield.

Choosing the top 10 mids is a pretty tough ask - but at least half of these blokes should be in that top 10 or not far away.

Im 99% sure i recall seeing a young gazza with hair running around in the 2005 semi final, ive seen the last quarter atleast 50 times.
How old are you people?

Gaz has been around since 02. 01 superdraft. Duh.

Pretty solid mids there.

Big fan of Sloane's early form, plus he's in his prime as an athlete. Whether he gets tagged and how the midfield works with Gibbs in the side will be a wait and see job, and some of the Crows boys on here would have more idea than I do.

I also have Neale and would prefer him to Fyfe. I don't know how much Fyfe will score when he plays forward plus he's had a few injuries over the years. Neale is a full time mid, racks up a lot of ball, bit more durable and consistent like you said.

Would also rather Cripps ahead of Kelly - cheaper for similar (if not higher) output, bit more experienced and a better history of scoring. He's a contested pig which suits the scoring system. No one apart from Murphy to take the points in the Blues' midfield.

Choosing the top 10 mids is a pretty tough ask - but at least half of these blokes should be in that top 10 or not far away.
Agree that most will be top 10 or thereabouts! I actually have Kelly pencilled in as a top 5 scorer, just love the way he goes about it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back