2018 Midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Cripps

Can anyone name a player who came back from a broken leg and just played at peak form like nothing ever happened? Or instantly continued to progress naturally as some are suggesting will happen?

Even a star like Fyfe had to take like 30 games to get close to what he was before his injury. And Barlow, while a much more severe injury, took 2 seasons to get back to top form.

I'm staying far away from Cripps this season.

Had this thought the other day myself actually. Cripps could be one of the very best inside mids in the league but being so young and a broken leg, will take time to return to that sort of level. Will show glmpses of that form but for consistency wise am steering clear myself.

Had this thought the other day myself actually. Cripps could be one of the very best inside mids in the league but being so young and a broken leg, will take time to return to that sort of level. Will show glmpses of that form but for consistency wise am steering clear myself.
Was Cripps leg badly broken, or a small fracture ?

M Crouch is the biggest lock of all locks for me, he's a disgusting ball pig. Most disposals of all time at 22 with 77% tog. Hasn't moved since day 1.

Cripps I think will be fine, he's good value and had a full pre season. Broken bones are better than tendons or anything else in the long run.

M Crouch is the biggest lock of all locks for me, he's a disgusting ball pig. Most disposals of all time at 22 with 77% tog. Hasn't moved since day 1.

Cripps I think will be fine, he's good value and had a full pre season. Broken bones are better than tendons or anything else in the long run.

Not discounting what Crouch did, but pig Mitchell had the most disposals ever in regular H&A. Crouch had the most ever including finals. If we werent so shit and made finals last year, wouldve been interesting to see which of the two pigs got the dirtiest

What position in your midfield is he currently holding?

Currently have Danger (M1), Dusty (M2) and then Bont (M3). Really want to upgrade perhaps one of my M5/M6 (JOM/Armitage) but trying to find the cash without compromising the rest of my team is difficult.

Currently have Danger (M1), Dusty (M2) and then Bont (M3). Really want to upgrade perhaps one of my M5/M6 (JOM/Armitage) but trying to find the cash without compromising the rest of my team is difficult.

Crouch is M4 behind Danger, Dusty/Titch and then Oliver. I found cash by going Laird>Lloyd.

Read on the St.Kilda board Artmitage's back is stuffed.

Jack Graham could could be an alternative for 268k.

Crouch is M4 behind Danger, Dusty/Titch and then Oliver. I found cash by going Laird>Lloyd.

Read on the St.Kilda board Artmitage's back is stuffed.

Jack Graham could could be an alternative for 268k.

Tipping you are going light on in the Forwards or Mids then?

Am fairly set on my team, just those tinkering pieces now such as M.Crouch at the moment. Trying to fit him in is the most difficult part.

Tipping you are going light on in the Forwards or Mids then?

Am fairly set on my team, just those tinkering pieces now such as M.Crouch at the moment. Trying to fit him in is the most difficult part.

Forwards and backs are always easier to get in than the mids (Laird had 6 scores 80 or under, Yeo should start slow with his lack of preseason, Franklin always drops to 400k, etc). Usually don't have much choice in the mids, whoever drops at a certain time is in.

We could end up with 8+ forward rookies to pick from (WC rookies x3, McCartin, Fritch, Ahern, Garlett, Bonar) and a few def rookies (Doedee, Murray, Finlayson, Garthwaite, Mclarty). I expect more to pop up in round 1, theres always a few surprise rookies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He'll be running 15kms a game on that knee thats kept him out for 3 years.

I know, expecting him to be right for the season though. If he can get through 8 - 10 games though, he should average 80+ and gain somewhere in the range of $150,000 (takes him to roughly $460,000) with a downgrade of a cash cow (similar cash generation to JOM of ($100k - $150,000) could see you grab a Matt Crouch not a Dyson Heppel though.

Yes i agree ....apparently even fitter, been ridden hard by the Coach to go to another level this year .....but that said ATM i've still gone Sloane in preference ?

Up to the Byes, we have a lot of home games, and Sloane starts seasons well .....plus when he plays well, he scores bigger than Crouch
After what Sloane did last year, I'm not sure I can forgive him.
I paid the highest price...Then paid the highest price...Couldn't break a ****ing tag to save his life.
I dropped him after round 19, then the bastard decides to start kicking arse.

It was the cherry on top for my worst SC year since inception.
HatefulTintedHuman-max-1mb.gif

Choose one

Why?

I am expecting him to be right for the season proper. Not the shits and giggles that is the pre season. Will be hapy if he can play rounds 1 - 10 and generate me enough cash to upgrade to a Matt Crouc or similar (with a cash cow down grade also).

RE: Cripps

Can anyone name a player who came back from a broken leg and just played at peak form like nothing ever happened? Or instantly continued to progress naturally as some are suggesting will happen?

Even a star like Fyfe had to take like 30 games to get close to what he was before his injury. And Barlow, while a much more severe injury, took 2 seasons to get back to top form.

I'm staying far away from Cripps this season.

Pretty sure SCscores did this analysis a few years back and the best result was a player scoring 10% off their peak. Depends on how bad a break it was i guess. Im leaning tiwards Parker or Kennedy just because they have the runs on the board.

Crouch has been M3/M4 for me since day one and wont leave. If your really keen dump the bont. Too many mid rotations at the kennel.

After what Sloane did last year, I'm not sure I can forgive him.
I paid the highest price...Then paid the highest price...Couldn't break a ******* tag to save his life.
I dropped him after round 19, then the bastard decides to start kicking arse.

It was the cherry on top for my worst SC year since inception.
HatefulTintedHuman-max-1mb.gif
I did exactly the same .......and i swore never again .....Neale may yet get a reprieve at the expense of Sloane .....or Cripps if i need extra $$$$$

Bont? I've had him from day1, but now thinking twice
How confident are you still?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back