2018 Midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, thats why i dont get the love for cripps. Season best of 107. Only going at 102 before his injury last year. Not sure i see him above 110 this year.
Opposition clubs will know you have to stop Cripps .....now Gibbs is gone, who else steps up to spread the load ?

I hope Curnow goes in the mid for periods .....otherwise it's a lot of pressure on Cripps at a young age

No, thats why i dont get the love for cripps. Season best of 107. Only going at 102 before his injury last year. Not sure i see him above 110 this year.
It's an unknown, like everything else in SC at present. Many of us believe that Cripps is ready to step up a level. Given what he has been able to achieve whilst hampered, the reasoning is that he can achieve even more with a better preparation, and at an age where high quality players make their mark on the competition.

I'm calling it - if he stays injury free (a big if), Cripps will smash through the 110 average.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's an unknown, like everything else in SC at present. Many of us believe that Cripps is ready to step up a level. Given what he has been able to achieve whilst hampered, the reasoning is that he can achieve even more with a better preparation, and at an age where high quality players make their mark on the competition.

I'm calling it - if he stays injury free (a big if), Cripps will smash through the 110 average.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
True that, that's why I'm leaning towards Parker at this stage. At least I know he can go 110 with a good preseason.

True that, that's why I'm leaning towards Parker at this stage. At least I know he can go 110 with a good preseason.

But haven't you heard that Papley/Mills/Hewett/some other Swan player who's been around for 3-4 years is playing midfield this year?!?!? THINK OF THE POINTS!

Seriously though, Parker should be the Swans' best scorer this year. Will go past JPK

But haven't you heard that Papley/Mills/Hewett/some other Swan player who's been around for 3-4 years is playing midfield this year?!?!? THINK OF THE POINTS!

Seriously though, Parker should be the Swans' best scorer this year. Will go past JPK

Whilst you were being light-hearted, personally I think that is the real risk with Parker (and JPK and Hannebery). I agree that he can go over 110, but there is no more certainty of that than in the case of Cripps.

All good, differences of opinion help to avoid 200,000 cookie cutter teams.

And if we're honest, our opinions - and differences thereof - are to a large extent just gut feel at this point of the season.

Whilst you were being light-hearted, personally I think that is the real risk with Parker (and JPK and Hannebery). I agree that he can go over 110, but there is no more certainty of that than in the case of Cripps.

And if we're honest, our opinions - and differences thereof - are to a large extent just gut feel at this point of the season.

Exactly mate, and I'd rather have Cripps for that reason. Less competition for winning the contested ball

Libba dominant in the intraclub apparently - any takers at 430k?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good players score the points no matter what else is happening around there side.

tfw the idea of starting Treloar has become tasty even after you started him in 2017

giphy.gif

RE: Cripps

Can anyone name a player who came back from a broken leg and just played at peak form like nothing ever happened? Or instantly continued to progress naturally as some are suggesting will happen?

Even a star like Fyfe had to take like 30 games to get close to what he was before his injury. And Barlow, while a much more severe injury, took 2 seasons to get back to top form.

I'm staying far away from Cripps this season.

Last edited:
The only problem with this is with so many swans pushing for midfield minutes like Heeney, Mills, Papely, Hewett, Jones, Towers, florent etc that Parks will be the first one to play more forward time with his great contested overhead marking and ground ball work.

Edit: dont get me wrong though parker still has potential to be a top 8 mid for the year, its all about where they play him. I was merely pointing out his potential downfalls which might not eventuate. But out of all our mids i do think he and Heeney are the most damaging up forward.

Not concerned. Mills playing midfield is a fanciful image from Longmire which never eventuates, Heeney/Hewett/Jones were already getting full midfield minutes, Papley will pinch hit in midfield but I don't see him as a centre bounce threat or anything, Towers/Florent should worry about being a consistent member of the 22 before getting big midfield minutes.

Kennedy and Parker are our midfield 1a and 1b and I don't think they will shake that up at all.

I'm a bit worried about Crouch but tempted. Think more game planning attention goes his way this year and Gibbs takes some points off him.
Yes i agree ....apparently even fitter, been ridden hard by the Coach to go to another level this year .....but that said ATM i've still gone Sloane in preference ?

Up to the Byes, we have a lot of home games, and Sloane starts seasons well .....plus when he plays well, he scores bigger than Crouch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back