2018 Midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think JOM will reward those who start him, its purely structure for me as to why I can't start him atm. I like the Guns n Rookies approach this year and don't want to drop any of my super premo's, JOM at m7 would affect my other lines too much plus I like the cash generation opportunity with some of this mid rookies

Does anyone know if Zorko is injured? I have had him in my team for a while (doesn't miss games plus scores better without Rocky) He seems to be invisible at the moment.

As part of team fine tuning, i'm now looking at fixtures & Byes ......had to choose between Dusty & Mitchell .....Hawthorn have a tough first rounds

Hawthorn..........................Richmond
COLL ................................. CARL
GEEL ................................. BRIS
RICH ................................. MELB
MELB ................................. COLL

Hawthorn have the Favorable RND 12 Bye .....so i'll look to bring Mitchell in then, his price shouldn't move too much
Doing the same now, titch will score 100+ basically every week but dusty can through a 170+ in there which is amazing for a capt and there is a bit of an unknown with JOM in the side now, I mean will that take a bit of titchs score?

Doing the same now, titch will score 100+ basically every week but dusty can through a 170+ in there which is amazing for a capt and there is a bit of an unknown with JOM in the side now, I mean will that take a bit of titchs score?
My thoughts too ......really can't see Mitchell affecting JOM ....or vice-a-verca

People haven't been spooked by Danger / Selwood / Ablett in the same side

people taking 440k players as stepping stones? :drunk:

for this to work they need to average over 100 or have a short run of games where they go huge. are you really gonna trade them out if that happens?
There's a lot being used in DEF & FWD's this year .......agree, big risks

for this to work they need to average over 100 or have a short run of games where they go huge. are you really gonna trade them out if that happens?
If Cogs or Redden end up in my starting team they're in as keepers not stepping stones.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

expectations are different cause mids have the potential to score better.
100 avg for def/fwd is excellent
100 average for M8 is not so good
When i put a side together i have a $10M budget .......how i spend the $$$ is determined by the return each player provides me, not their position ?

If i have to make a call of Heeney (fwd) v Cripps (mid) for roughly the same $$$ .....i look at the respective returns

If i felt having 8 super premo mids gave me the best returns, then i'd go down that path ......but sadly we have to have FWD's & DEF's too ......it's a total team score at the end of the day

If Cogs or Redden end up in my starting team they're in as keepers not stepping stones.

Correct ! ......do you believe those two players will be in the top 8 SC midfielders ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correct ! ......do you believe those two players will be in the top 8 SC midfielders ?
That's the big question innit? I certainly think they could be.

That's the big question innit? I certainly think they could be.

That' the speculative aspect isn't it ......known SC performers like Fyfe / Pendles versus breakouts ?

My thoughts too ......really can't see Mitchell affecting JOM ....or vice-a-verca

People haven't been spooked by Danger / Selwood / Ablett in the same side
Only reason is titch needs his 40 disposals a game just to score 100+ hawks had no other really decent mid last year to take disposals off him

Parker is a great player .....but Cripps has the extra weapons of big body, strong marking ...and ability to also play as a marking forward target

Cripps is up & coming .....Parker has somewhat matured IMO
Parker is a much better forward than Cripps. Just because Cripps is tall doesn’t mean he’s good up forward, there’s no evidence to suggest he’s anything other than mediocre outside of the midfield.

Parker is only 25..

Who were you talking about in particular?

As a stepping stone, I am looking at guys who are priced as top end rookies or fallen premiums. The ones in my headlights are Armitage, JoM, Christensen and even Siciliy. If they improve $100,000 - $180,000 they could allow you to reach that fallen premium rather than banking the cash from two rookie trades and reaching the following week by having to make a third trade.

At their price, cogs & Redden need to be keepers. If the average about 100 they aren't worth keeping, but will only make about To make decent coin they need to avg above 105 at which point, you'd probably keep them.
What happens if you're not picking them as keepers?
There's really no right or wrong way to play this game.
But there is only one way to win the 50k and that's whatever the person who wins it knows but only after 23 weeks or torture and time away from friends and family.

There's been years where the winner has started with midpricers like Cogs Redden and JOM.
Even last year a ruck line up of Bank and Witt's game you a massive head start.
Big risk big reward. That's how you win this game*

*Or go down in flames as you're permabanned posting puppies cos you know it's all over and you DILLIGAF

Can't see it happening but I bet they'll make more money then the current Top 8 mids will lose.
When you pull the trigger is the key.

What happens if you're not picking them as keepers?
There's really no right or wrong way to play this game.
But there is only one way to win the 50k and that's whatever the person who wins it knows but only after 23 weeks or torture and time away from friends and family.

There's been years where the winner has started with midpricers like Cogs Redden and JOM.
Even last year a ruck line up of Bank and Witt's game you a massive head start.
Big risk big reward. That's how you win this game*

*Or go down in flames as you're permabanned posting puppies cos you know it's all over and you DILLIGAF
Redden has averaged 103 3 times over a year.
He's a good pick if he can do that. My plan is to trade him at his bye. Hopefully it will be easier to grab a top end sp.

Redden has averaged 103 3 times over a year.
He's a good pick if he can do that. My plan is to trade him at his bye. Hopefully it will be easier to grab a top end sp.
Redden and Cogs are gifts from the SC gods if you've smoked as much as me.

Both proven 100+ players. Both discounted.

Redden becomes our number 1 contested mid. Priddis and Mitchell, 2 100+ players gone. Shuey his only competition and maybe Hutchings. Sheed is more outside then inside and Gaff has had about 4 contested possessions in his career.
Has the tank and is a contested pig thrown back in the pen and fed all the scraps.

Cogs. 13 contested in his JLT. Massive tank. Dangerous and proven.
Only players missing were Griffen and Toby. Will be there right along side Kelly as GWS main ball pig.
Lives in the pen next to Redden.

Both could be top 3 scorers for their sides or they may just get to 100-105
Either way you'll be able to keep them or upgrade them into SPs at the byes.

They won't go down in price so as stepping stones they give you time to see who this year's top 10 mids (as half of last years top10s wont be this years) are and hopefully an opportunity to buy them on a dip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back